Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

What COMIC BOOKS/MANGA are you reading [ Comic Book/Manga Edition)

I thought it would be good idea to have a thread where people suggest and tell about good comics they read.

Recently i just read American Vampire,one of the writers is also Stephen King's,so expect good story plot and nice dialogs.

Here's little description:

The series imagines vampires as a population made up of many different secret species, and charts moments of vampire evolution and inter-species conflict throughout history. The focus of the series is a new American bloodline of vampires, born in the American West in the late 1800s. The first of this new species is a notorious outlaw named Skinner Sweet, who wakes from death, after being infected, to find he has become a new kind of vampire, something stronger and faster than what came before, impervious to sunlight, with a new set of strengths and weaknesses. The series goes on to track his movements through various decades of American history - along with the movements of his first and only known progeny: Pearl Jones, a young woman working as a struggling actress in the 1920s silent film industry when she is attacked by a coven of European vampires hiding in Hollywood.

Network Hub
    I really need to read more of American Vampire. Kind of lost touch around issue 4

Last comic I read was 2000AD + the Megazine. Drokking great read each week/month.

Fuck. I almost forgotten about the damned comic! Can't seem to find American Vampire anywhere around here, so boo...

Anyways, I'm into Tintin comics at the moment. Just finished Explorers of The Moon and, despite some inaccuracies in the laws of physics in some parts of the story, I kinda it. Planning to buy Tintin in Tibet if I got the time and money.

I also found The Tick comics and heck, that shit's hilarious. God, Tick's delusional

As for manga, I... didn't read much of it nowadays but a certain manga that has a creepy little kid in highschool as a main character somehow caught my attention. Now, I'm in the second volume of the manga
    Last edited by Voon; 30-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Comics are one of those things that i seem to get obsessed about following stuff and then easily forget about it when life gets in the way. Haven't read anything since the DC New 52 came out.

I've been reading Blacksad and Inspector Canardo lately. Also tried to dabble in Knightfall Saga, but what I've noticed from that is that I really prefer comic book "novels" instead to continuing story arc/series.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The ones I'm currently reading:

I stopped reading The Walking Dead a while back because the writer seems to have run out of ideas about how to carry forward the story. The first 70 or so issues were brilliant though. Now, I prefer Sweet Tooth as my post-apo fix.

Others that are worth mentioned are Preacher (just about anything by Garth Ennis is worth reading) and Hellblazer.

Among manga, these two are my all time favorites. If anyone has any other to recommend, I'm listening.

Inachu Ping Pong Club. Furuya's other stuff, Himizu, Green Hill and Ciguatera are worth reading too.

Shamo is another one I like, not much of a story but the fight scenes are pretty nice. Hideo Yamamoto (Kuroshiya Ichi, Homunculus), Jiro Matsumoto (Freesia, Keep On Vibrating) and Naoki Urasawa(Monster, 20th Century Boys) are decent too.

Last week i read THE BOYS and didn't find it amusing at all,its only shock value,nothing else. I think same guy did Crossed comics,which are also quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    The ones I'm currently reading:

I stopped reading The Walking Dead a while back because the writer seems to have run out of ideas about how to carry forward the story. The first 70 or so issues were brilliant though. Now, I prefer Sweet Tooth as my post-apo fix.

Others that are worth mentioned are Preacher (just about anything by Garth Ennis is worth reading) and Hellblazer.

Among manga, these two are my all time favorites. If anyone has any other to recommend, I'm listening.

Inachu Ping Pong Club. Furuya's other stuff, Himizu, Green Hill and Ciguatera are worth reading too.

Shamo is another one I like, not much of a story but the fight scenes are pretty nice. Hideo Yamamoto (Kuroshiya Ichi, Homunculus), Jiro Matsumoto (Freesia, Keep On Vibrating) and Naoki Urasawa(Monster, 20th Century Boys) are decent too.
    I'd recommend you Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue. Pretty badass samurai manga. The artsyle in that manga is probably Inoue at his finest
    Art blog here.

I am currently reading claymore and I don't miss a thing xD ..

The art style, etcetera, really got to me. I love the setting, the ruthless atmosphere and I really enjoy how the artist displays the women there, aka not big breasted curvalicious hawt battle mommas.
    Playing: DayZ, Tribes, TF2, Magic the Gathering
    Waiting on: Torchlight 2

Can anyone suggest any good espionage comic books,something like Jason Bourne or Splinter Cell kind of thingy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I've been too busy to read anything for the last couple of months but series I've been reading are:

Marvel/DC
    Thunderbolts
    Batman & Robin
    Batwoman
    Batgirl
    Red Robin
    X-Factor
    Cable

non-Marvel
    Fables
    Hack/Slash
    Walking Dead
    Empowered
    Invincible
    The Darkness

Manga
    Fairytail
    Naruto
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Can anyone suggest any good espionage comic books,something like Jason Bourne or Splinter Cell kind of thingy.
    If you have never read Queen and Country, start immediately. Otherwise The Losers may be a more action-orientated look - not anywhere near as cheesy as the movie though still full-on action. Both are bloody grand though

There's some James Bond graphic novels if those count
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    For secret agent on the run comics XIII is pretty decent fare as far as I remember. There is a miniseries and a game about it as well.

Just read first volume of Queen and Country,and i didn't like it. Art style is medicore,then there were few unlogical scenes with the female marksman. But i'll read few more to see if it gets better.

XIII game was based on comic right,i played game when it came out,lovely art style :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I read the Dark Tower comics in HC format, B.P.R.D., Baltimore (in HC), Morning Glories and whatever else strikes my fancy.

And Archie.

Network Hub
    Just read first volume of Queen and Country,and i didn't like it. Art style is medicore,then there were few unlogical scenes with the female marksman. But i'll read few more to see if it gets better.
    I wouldn't bother, just move on to The Losers. Can't fault the art in that, tis Jock

I read 10 volumes then i stopped,now i'm reading XIII and its really good. I didn't liked The Losers either.

Network Hub
    10 volumes? I guess you mean issues, volumes would be the big collections/series arcs technically. Enjoy it any more either way?

Didn't like The Losers..huh.

Yeah i meant issues,pardon. Still reading XIII,its really entertaining and it have good art style.