Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar

Street viewer of Mongolia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...n-foot/6644454

google took photos of mongolia. on a horse and icesled.

this is amazing. google is going to document the whole world. and I am okay with that.

also:
    http://www.earth-picker.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Oh god Earth Picker is amazing, when that first started we got totally obsessed with playing it at work. We spent a lot of time memorising flags, which countries drive on the left, working out how to spot languages on signs etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Earth picker is even harder than first time it was released. With so many additions of backpack googles stuff can get really difficult to figure out

Earth-Picker is fun! Got only 1 out of 20 tries but have seen many beautiful photos of amazing places. Great recommendation, gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    this is amazing. google is going to document the whole world. and I am okay with that.
    I wish they could make it work in every country. I love travelling in the Middle East, and a lot of countries there are simply not in Street View at all.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Wow, it's really amazing! I thought I was looking at a random screenshot of a game (with awesome graphics)

Street View on Google Maps has been a life-saver for me over a few business trips. I've been able to see what each area I am visiting looks like online; it makes recognising buildings, street markers and other unique features so easy when I am physically in the locale. It'd be amazing to have the world documented via Street View. The challenge after that would be to keep it all updated!