Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yeah i meant issues,pardon. Still reading XIII,its really entertaining and it have good art style.
    Either you have shitloads of money or you're... y'know.

Anyhoo. I'll be reading my metric *censored*-tonne of free comics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well yeah,you get the idea where do i get comics from.

What? I have no idea what you mean there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    The internets, Althea. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

That's what I think he was referring to, it's just his post made little sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I've picked up the new Daredevil and Swamp-Thing, both of them are excellent.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    The only comics I regularly collect are Groo the Wanderer by Sergio Aragones. I feel that's self-explanatory.

That said, I also have stacks of stuff written by Vaughan Bode, Jamie Hewlett and Masamune Shirow.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I've not done consecutive single issues since I bought the last 5/6 issues of the now-cancelled X-23 series.

Mind the Gap and The Ravagers may change that.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Nausicaa.

American Vampire looks pretty great. Last Saturday was Free Comic Book Day in the states and I grabbed Atomic Robo, The Guild and a few others. Also nabbed the latest Spawn, which I haven't kept up with since #74 -- about 12 years ago.
    steam

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Toriko is a breath of fresh air and an absolute joy of a manga. It is absurd, funny, and imaginative. Takes place in the "gourmet age" where society revolves around finding the best, rarest ingredients. It's a bit like One Piece's pirate age in that respect

Could be absolutely horrible based on the setup, but it does not take itself seriously. There are fights, there are pages of characters having near-orgasms as they eat rare ingredients.

I keep thinking the author is going to run out of strange ingredients and settings, but he keeps coming through. Some are reader-submitted, which is reminiscent of the old Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E.).

Yes it is all very dumb, but can't recommend it enough for sheer fun and playfulness.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I've picked up the new Daredevil and Swamp-Thing, both of them are excellent.
    I am much preferring Animal Man to Swamp Thing.

Also everyone should check out Atomic Robo, if just for Carl Sagan kicking arse.

Network Hub
    The only manga series I ever read to completion was Scott Pilgrim, which I polished off a couple of months ago. It was quite enjoyable, plus I really loved the scenery and architecturally-accurate drawings of my hometown of Toronto, Canada.

Now I'm 15 books into my wife's favourite series, Fushigi Yuugi (Mysterious Play) by Watase Yuu. It's a bit lovey dovey but beautifully drawn and I enjoy the setting of ancient China. It's moderately engaging.

What I'd really love is some sort of zany surrealist manga. Any recommendations? I enjoyed the movie of Revolutionary Girl Utena which was pretty bonkers.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Finished reading Irredeemable. It was good. The plot took a lot of unneeded detours. The writer keeps alluding to the Plutonian's supposedly alien/abnormal origins so the ending didn't feel like a cop-out. The comics doesn't really shine anywhere but, yea, it's worth reading through once.

Incorruptible was the spin-off to Irredeemable and, well, it sucked. Stopped reading after a couple of issues because of the uninteresting protagonist and lazy storyline.

Invincible is a super-hero comic done right. It doesn't try to pull any pretenses over how ridiculous the premise is and that is what really makes it shine compared to the drudges that are the Batmen and Supermen. You can not take a comic book hero seriously when he is a billionaire capering about in a Halloween costume because his parents got killed years ago.

Network Hub
    Mini Hijack.

Any comics incorporating themes from Video Games? I know the ones based on CoD, Mass Effect. Are there any for titles like Skyrim? Or Diablo?

Diablo has a comic series from DC.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Finished reading Irredeemable.

Incorruptible

Invincible
    So, you going to move on to Justice League, Jack of Fables and Judge Dredd now? :P I'm going to have to check out Irredeemable, dropped out around the point where Plutonian headed off to space prison. Was actually kind of enjoying Incorruptible but it burned out much quicker.

Still love Invincible, even as my interest in TWD starts to fade...

Anyone still reading the new 52? So far I am actually enjoying I, Vampire and JL:Dark (though it can be a bit ropy). Resurrection Man is good but suffered terribly when it was forced to crossover with suicide squad - start in Res, mid part in SUicide squad, finish back in res...dumb dumb dumb. JLI is pretty crappy despite having my favourite leaguers, the JL/Batman BEyond stuff is fairly readable if not amazing, JL itself is terrible - amazingly Wonder Woman is one of my favourite reads. It's up there with Animal Man for the moment.

Not going to touch Flash till they dump Barry Allen again (zzz) and Green Lantern has a ridiculous timeline going on so I'm not even going to try.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't know, man. I tried the New 52 series and disliked all of them. I, Vampire and Animal Man showed promise but the former turned into a bad emo fanfic while Animal Man just got boring.

Currently, I'm following The Boys, the new arc doesn't show a lot of promise but let's see how it goes. Scalped has been awesome throughout and is about to end in a couple of issues. I also gave Kev Hawkins and didn't find it to be much good. I think I'll pick-up John Constantine's earlier issues, the ones done by Alan Moore and read some manga online.

If anyone seen Superman: Red Son in their bookstores or wherever, pick it up. I think this is the first time that I've actually enjoyed a Superman comic. Just imagine: what if Supes didn't have his own personal life and spends his whole life trying to help people? What if he's Russian back in the 30's and eventually became the ruler of USSR? This one puts them together rather nicely.

Anyways, I'm staring to enjoy the Court of Owls story arc in Batman.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Network Hub
    Yeah Red Son is pretty good, one of the better Elseworlds stories too. I'd put my favourite Superman story as either All Star Superman or Peace on Earth, though there's alot of good stories out there. There's just a hell of a lot of worse ones too. If you can find it you should check out JLA: The Nail, another great Elseworlds story that revolves around where supes' rocket ends up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I think I'll pick-up John Constantine's earlier issues, the ones done by Alan Moore and read some manga online.
    The Swamp Thing arc with Constantine and the coming of (effectively) the Anti Christ is great stuff, after that Alan Moore I love Jamie Delano's run on the first huge chunks of the solo title, even if it can be a bit overwrought sometimes it's really imaginative work that follows in the same steps as Moore's initial work. Arguably it's Garth Ennis who really nails the character though, removing some of the brilliant weirdness in exchange for some more relatable characters, a decent supporting cast and a little less emphasis on Delano's hippy-tinged roots.

Just got back from the store and bought Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard vol.1 . If I'd known it was a spin-off from the main series, I would've bought Fall 1152, first. Oh, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    Yeah Red Son is pretty good, one of the better Elseworlds stories too. I'd put my favourite Superman story as either All Star Superman or Peace on Earth, though there's alot of good stories out there. There's just a hell of a lot of worse ones too. If you can find it you should check out JLA: The Nail, another great Elseworlds story that revolves around where supes' rocket ends up...
    Sure thing. And I gotta find an Elseworld story for Batman as well (no, Comrade Batman in Red Son doesn't count) if there's any.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga