Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Just finished reading the first 3 volumes of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, and boy is it awesome. I can't believe I took so long to actually check this one out. I wish library holds would process faster...
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Just finished reading the first 3 volumes of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, and boy is it awesome. I can't believe I took so long to actually check this one out. I wish library holds would process faster...
    I have the trades of these volumes. haven't read past them though. The first volume was amazing. i would like to go back and read them and follow thru with the rest of the series.
    I'm currently reading Batman: The Man Who Laughs and trying to get caught up with The Walking Dead. I'm up to issue 75 or 76 i think, not real sure.

Don't read much manga. the only manga i've ever tried to read was Gantz, Death Note, and Fullmetal Alchemist. they were all good but just never saw anything else that really piqued my interest.
    Last edited by doctor_roxo; 21-10-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Reading the Kagerou Days manga, and so far I'm severely disappointed.
    When they put all of the stories from the songs together it's kind of a mess. Shintarou must just look like an idiot if you haven't listened to transparent answer- I mean, I'm sure they'll do a chapter on it in the manga, but he must be just the least likable character until then. And I have an odd feeling they'll butcher heat haze days, which is why I'm still reading at this point- to see if Jin can actually glue all of his individually wonderful stories into a manga with a running narrative.

Other than that, reading Nickelodeon and it's really good. Probably the best comedy mangas I've read since FLCL, but you kind of have to have to like its style of odd and often dark humor to like it. It's also structured in short stories, with each chapter following a different story loosely related to the other ones. Would recommend it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just caught back up onto Bleach the fullbring arc was interesting and the writer likes his villians to have reality bending powers it seems coincidence or leading tosomething you never know with Bleach. The new arc well i think he has made the bad guys a little to powerful with them easily killing big captains i know thats a good story trick but its a bit to exagerated that you think thegood guys just have no chance and only a ridicolous power level could kill them which i believe will happen which is silly by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    I have the trades of these volumes. haven't read past them though. The first volume was amazing. i would like to go back and read them and follow thru with the rest of the series.
    I would highly recommend that you do so. I'm now at 5 volumes down, and it just keeps getting better. I think Gaiman really hit his stride after the first 2 volumes.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Picked up Saga and the Five Fists of Science at NYCC to read.

Pull list at the moment is due to change with Marvel NOW! But they're going to need to do something impressive to stop me getting bored again. As it stands now every series seems to be this
    1)Intro to story where little happens
    2)Struggle until the last installment
    3)Heros win in two panels and there's no future ramifications.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I reread The Walking Dead, mainly to see how much they'd changed in the TV series, but I felt it was better the second time around somehow (of course, there's been some 30 new issues since I first read it too). Not that it was bad the first time.

Now I'm trying Witchblade. I'm maybe ten issues in, but I think I'll drop it. It doesn't really grab me at all.

Not sure what else to try. I haven't paid much attention to print comics for ages.

I'd highly recommend Remenders Uncanny X-force. It's coming to an end soon at I believe it's 32nd issue, but it's a great book. I generally dislike anything "X" related but this one grabbed me for the art (bar the Otherworld story) and then kept me in with the story.

I looked at Witchblade before but never bought an issue. Didn't seem my thing upon closer inspection.

Also Skullkickers is an amazing book that everyone should read.

*EDIT* I forgot to link this http://skullkickers.keenspot.com/d/20120106.html
    You can read the first couple of issues for free online here. They put up one page from the printed comic a few times a week for you to read.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 26-10-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'd highly recommend Remenders Uncanny X-force. It's coming to an end soon at I believe it's 32nd issue, but it's a great book. I generally dislike anything "X" related but this one grabbed me for the art (bar the Otherworld story) and then kept me in with the story.
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

I looked at Witchblade before but never bought an issue. Didn't seem my thing upon closer inspection.
    It mostly just reminds me too much of superhero comics in the seventies, I think. Sort of generic. Nothing really wrong with that, but I do want a bit more depth now than I did when I was seven.

Also Skullkickers is an amazing book that everyone should read.

*EDIT* I forgot to link this http://skullkickers.keenspot.com/d/20120106.html
    You can read the first couple of issues for free online here. They put up one page from the printed comic a few times a week for you to read.
    Thanks. I read the online issues. Very enjoyable. I'll keep an eye out for the printed issues.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I reread The Walking Dead, mainly to see how much they'd changed in the TV series, but I felt it was better the second time around somehow (of course, there's been some 30 new issues since I first read it too). Not that it was bad the first time.

Now I'm trying Witchblade. I'm maybe ten issues in, but I think I'll drop it. It doesn't really grab me at all.

Not sure what else to try. I haven't paid much attention to print comics for ages.
    Witchblade as a whole doesn't do much to excite. It gives itself a tough assignment- be both sleazy, sexploitative entertainment and human drama. It doesn't pull it off, and my rating reflects that.Witchblade is a series with its heart in the right place, but it simply doesn't deliver. Bradley Meek
    Alaska Search Engine Optimization implement tactics that will get your online business to rank higher than your competition. Contact us: 1741 W Harvest Loop, Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 357-0131.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyb828 View Post
    Witchblade as a whole doesn't do much to excite. It gives itself a tough assignment- be both sleazy, sexploitative entertainment and human drama. It doesn't pull it off, and my rating reflects that.Witchblade is a series with its heart in the right place, but it simply doesn't deliver.Bradley Meek
    Alaska Search Engine Optimization implement tactics that will get your online business to rank higher than your competition. Contact us: 1741 W Harvest Loop, Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 357-0131.
    By pulling quotes, the spambot managed to contribute positively to the thread... what is the world coming to?

Indeed an impressive spambot. Scary too.

could you imagine, say 10 years from now, you're active on a forum where you are the only 'real' person. spambots are getting smart.

anyways, been thinking of getting Alan Moore's "From Hell" graphic novel. I love any kind of investigation, mystery, serial killer type fiction. so i think this'll be right up my alley.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    ^^ Haha,i can see that happening...

Otherwise i am reading this one ---> Otogi Matsuri and its quite interesting for now (It includes MONSTERS!),also lovely drawn.

I'm thinking of getting either Habibi, Moore's Swamp Thing or the first volume of The Goon. Which one?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Moore's run on Swamp Thing is excellent, I would get it over the Goon (or get both!). Haven't read Habibi so can't comment.

Love reading manga,they are so full of all kind of emotions.

Right now reading Wolf Guy,pretty interesting manga so far.

Banned
    The Conan comics!

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    The Conan comics!

Which,old or new ones ? I prefer new ones,not all of them but some of them have really neat art and action. Oldies look kinda funny now.

Few pages left and i finished with Wolf Guy,sad ending..WHY DO YOU THIS TO ME!? I'm gonna cry now.

Edit. Ok scratch this,this is one of the worst endings to manga,fuck this shit. People who do manga really don't know when to end things..
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 23-12-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Been on a samurai kick lately, so i picked up the first two books of Vagabond. Looking forward to reading it when i have time.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker