Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Can anyone suggest any good espionage comic books,something like Jason Bourne or Splinter Cell kind of thingy.
    There's the Global Frequency series by Warren Ellis, that's all spys and intelligence agents etc. Pretty good stuff; different artists illustrate each story. Also Ministry of Space by Ellis is a good read, it's 50's Dan Dare meets contemporary comics.

Also if you're after mind blowing artwork, then in my opinion you can't beat Philippe Druillet. Some of his 70's stuff is really "out there", but my god the artwork is incredible.

Banned
    Which,old or new ones ? I prefer new ones,not all of them but some of them have really neat art and action. Oldies look kinda funny now.

Few pages left and i finished with Wolf Guy,sad ending..WHY DO YOU THIS TO ME!? I'm gonna cry now.

Edit. Ok scratch this,this is one of the worst endings to manga,fuck this shit. People who do manga really don't know when to end things..
    I got a hold of both in digital form actually, but it's the new ones I'm reading right now, the ones by Dark Horse Comics. Going to finish up them and go back and read the old ones by Marvel I think it was because I heard that they were pretty influential and popular back in the day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Wow,Philippe Druillet really look nice. Thank you for suggestions.

Right now i'm searching for something similar to Berserk and Vinland Saga,really those two are my favorite manga series and nothing compares to them,okey maybe Vagaband,but otherwise thats it.

Activated Node
    Wow,Philippe Druillet really look nice. Thank you for suggestions.

Right now i'm searching for something similar to Berserk and Vinland Saga,really those two are my favorite manga series and nothing compares to them,okey maybe Vagaband,but otherwise thats it.
    Philippe Druillet is amazing. Also check out James Stokoe for a similar style.

It may have been mentioned, are you familiar with "Lone Wolf and Cub"?

Yes i am,the art didn't attracted me but allot of people praise the series,maybe if i can get around the art and try to enjoy it,i'll see hehe.

Blade Of Immortal,allot of chitchat but god its this stuff drawn good,also nice action.

I need to try practicing drawing,i'll take frank frazetta as reference hehe.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 25-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.

ZETMAN

Read The Goon after I bought the first volume. Funny as heck! Not sure what to buy next, though. Vol. 0 or Vol.2?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

I'm reading Black Jack right now; I bought the complete set last summer.

Tablets are really nice for reading manga online :3

Reading right now "Manhole".

What do two Japanese detectives, a naked man on a city street, and a roundworm from Botswana all have in common? In the first volume of Manhole, Ken Mizoguchi and Nao Inoue investigate a string of bloody and mysterious murders, but their work uncovers a deadly biological agent which poses a threat of epidemic proportions. An unlikely lead starts them in the pursuit of a mysterious self-titled photographer, but meanwhile the infections keep spreading. The series may be best described as the thrilling combination of a detective story with biological horror.

[img]
    http://www.mydailymanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/manhole_v01_c01_p006-007.png[/img]

Just finished reading Carla Speed McNeil's Finder: Sin Eater.

It was different but thoroughly enjoyable. Gonna try out the first volume of Concrete now. Looks interesting!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Cassanova, right now
    Last edited by Voon; 15-01-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    Art blog here.

Ah My Goddess for ages, but lately, its grown stale. He really needs to start finishing stories. (and release more often)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

this, holy shit.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've been holding out for the trade copy of that before I read it. I'm not allowed buy any more single issue monthly's than I already get anymore because I hate storage for them. I'm not a collector so I don't really care about any monetary value they might get and I doubt very much that any of them will. There's a bunch of Marvel books I'm waiting on trades for because of this reason. The one exception to this is if it's a mini-series (max 5 issues) that is very unlikely to be put out as a trade.

Anyway,

I read through the first Saga trade. I enjoyed it. I was a bit let down by the ending of Ex Machina, but overall I like BKV, he's a very interesting writer. I liked the story, the art style and the overall presentation of Saga so far and I really like how crazy it is, but how accepting all the characters are of these things that we as readers find crazy. Like the robot people with human bodies but tvs for heads.

I've been catching up on the Green Lantern family too, getting trades of Red Lanterns, New Guardians and Corps. They're all ok so far, nothing great. I really like the GL ideology which is something that surprised me because I'd always avoided it. The current story arc going through now with Rise of the Third Army doesn't seem to be getting up to much with only two issues left, it seem's much more like a run in to the next arc which sounds a whole lot more interesting after seeing what they've done with this.

Has anyone read Cyberforce and would you recommend it? The art for it looked great and interesting, but as I said, new rule, no new on going series.

Network Hub
    Does anyone read manga on any Kindle device? If yes, do you buy it from Amazon directly or do you somehow copy it in the Kindle itself?

EDIT: Oops, not any Kindle device, I was asking about readers, not Kindle tablets :)
    Last edited by Doodier; 15-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've been holding out for the trade copy of that before I read it. I'm not allowed buy any more single issue monthly's than I already get anymore because I hate storage for them. I'm not a collector so I don't really care about any monetary value they might get and I doubt very much that any of them will. There's a bunch of Marvel books I'm waiting on trades for because of this reason. The one exception to this is if it's a mini-series (max 5 issues) that is very unlikely to be put out as a trade.
    Fortunately, it's already reached a sixth-issue and probably more. Trust me, it gets better. David Aja is really good with his art in this one. Simple but awesome. Fraction said in one of the fan mail section that he plans to put out a tenth issue involving the pizza dog from the first issue solving a crime, though he might be joking on this one.
    Art blog here.

Just read all six issues of Punk Rock Jesus cover to cover. Brilliance. Utter brilliance. As villains go, Tim Slate is beyond evil.

A media company engineers a clone from the DNA on the Turin Shroud, and raises the child in front of the cameras in a Truman Show style environment, while making no secret of the fact that both the child and the mother they selected for him are essentially prisoners within the compound where the show is filmed. As the child grows older, he starts becoming rebellious and eventually becomes an atheist and fronts a punk rock band, under the watch of his bodyguard who is an ex IRA member who originally signed up to protect the child to atone for his past sins, including accidentally shooting his own father in the throat as a child.
    Last edited by Rath; 16-01-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Did I make the right choice that I chose to get volume 1 of Elephantmen instead of Fear Agent? I probably didn't because I was looking for something a lot more actiony sci-fi with over the top silliness than pulp or noir. Not that it's bad as the origin stories of the Elephantmen were both intriguing yet tragic. I enjoyed most parts of the stories but God, Moritat's a bit lazy on his art in this one. Honestly, it's probably the only comic that I look forward to guest artists to draw for an issue rather than the other way around.
    Art blog here.

Just started Y: The Last Man. Not really impressed so far, but I've heard that it gets much better after a few story archs. Hopefully so, this better not turn out complete waste of time like Walking Dead season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Just started Y: The Last Man. Not really impressed so far, but I've heard that it gets much better after a few story archs. Hopefully so, this better not turn out complete waste of time like Walking Dead season 2.

I say don't give up,i really enjoyed the comic.

Edit. Anyone reads CROSSED ? I can't understand whats the fuss about this comic,its really boring and badly drawn.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 02-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.