Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I think Fraction's Hawkeye belongs in a special place in my heart, especially after the third issue which itself was brilliant. Gave me a renewed respect toward the Hawkeyes (Clint and Kate, of course). David Aja manages to convey this comic like a bang up action flick but he does so without looking like a storyboard. Loved how Kate complements Clint as a character in this series.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's such a great title and one that I think is perfectly suited to Fractions style of writing. I always liked it more when guys like Fraction and Remender are working on books that take place kind of outside of the realm of the rest of the Marvel Universe or at least with as minimal interaction with them as possible. That's why I didn't like Fear Itself, I thought Fraction was too constricted by the fact he had all these characters but nothing to do with them because everything was being done elsewhere.

And I agree, Kate works brilliantly in this book.

I'm looking forward to the second trade now. One last thing about the trade itself, I don't know what Marvel did for the actual book, the cover and the paper but they should keep it up because it's easily one of the most pleasant feeling books I've read. The cover was kinda soft and glossy and the paper light, but not cheap for either.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Really? I'm trying to find a copy of it in the bookstores nearby. Sold out, apparently but that was last year since I last checked. I might have a chance to pick it up now, even if Fear Agent is still my to-buy list.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Currently re-reading Ares, SKorean manhwa.

It's drawn very roughly but has style and truth be told I avsolutely loved it three years ago.

I have to admit it's not a very smart entertainment, but thats exactly what I need right now.

Hey, what a nice person!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I found out there is X-FILES:30 Days Of Night comic book!

Also this(Hellboy BPRD),because i want to adapt to this kind of style for drawing,really dig mike magnola work.

ps. Almost forgot about this one,Johny The Homicidal Maniac(Crazy serial killer) and SQUEE(His neighbour,little boy)- From the creator of INVADER ZIM!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinbones View Post
    I randomly found a copy of "the Red Star: Collected Edition" at a used bookstore. It's a story set in an alternate version of the USSR after the 2nd world war, where magic powers technology and the URRS attempts to control and enslave it's neighboring states. The story follows the heroes of the Red Star as they discover their country's true intentions that leads the soldiers on a quest to liberate their nation from its dark legacy of oppression.

I basically read it none stop as soon as I got home.

it's the shame the company behind seems to run into funding issues and the series has stalled out.
    I only know Red Star from the PSP game, and it is seriously awesome. I'll try to check this out.

I've been reading Parasyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    I've been reading Parasyte.

So,you like it so far ?

I just read it for third time last week,enjoyed it like it was my first time reading it hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So,you like it so far ?

I just read it for third time last week,enjoyed it like it was my first time reading it hehe.
    It's amazing. I'm on vol. 3 right now.

Nice to hear that. I just started reading Black Hole: The story deals with the aftermath of a sexually transmitted disease which causes grotesque mutations in teenagers. But the art,the art is one of the worst i saw in comics,its really even bellow my level of drawing :|

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Nice to hear that. I just started reading Black Hole: The story deals with the aftermath of a sexually transmitted disease which causes grotesque mutations in teenagers. But the art,the art is one of the worst i saw in comics,its really even bellow my level of drawing :|
    The art is spot on for what it is... It's no Mike Mignola (not that he actually draws all that much of the BPRD stuff these days, other people just pay homage to his style whilst he supplies the scripts) but so few things are.

Actually I don't really see anything to criticise about Charles Blackburns art, it's not how I'd like to draw but it's well suited for the slightly gothic, chiaroscuro story of degeneration and disturbing body horror. Wouldn't fly with the capes and tights crowd though.

P.S How good is the BPRD apocalypse, the world is so ****ed. Though I feel cheated that Hellboy is now almost tertiary to the whole affair

Mignola and his crew are focusing to much on everything else then Hellboy. Okey i'll admit i really like Baltimore's stories,i love vampires and shit but this is HELLBOY comic -.-

Obscure Node
    But the art,the art is one of the worst i saw in comics,its really even bellow my level of drawing :|
    Man if your art/storytelling ability is better than Charles Burns, you should probably go ahead and contact the Big 2. Burns is incredible. Steranko mentioned this series as one of his favourites on Twitter the other day.

I always liked it more when guys like Fraction and Remender are working on books that take place kind of outside of the realm of the rest of the Marvel Universe or at least with as minimal interaction with them as possible.
    THIS. Fraction is at his best when he operates on the fringes. FF (that scene with Tong coming out as Transgender is pretty much my favourite moment of the year) and Hawkguy are a perfect fit for him. Have you read Cassanova?

I haven't no, is it worth a look?

I've been slowly moving away from a lot of the "capes" over at Marvel for a while now. Image have been releasing some quality titles that have really gotten my interest.

Saga, East of West and now Fractions own Satellite Sam, which at first I was a little let down by seeing the art style (I'm not a fan of that style), but I quickly got over because it looks like it'll be a really interesting story. And to give credit to the art it actually suits the period of the book perfectly. There's a few more Image books coming out that I'm going to give a chance.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Cassanova is my favourite Fraction book. He's got Gabriel Ba/ Fabio Moon along with him on art, so it's stunning to look at. Their art is so stylised and perfect for the story. It's essentially a secret agent book, with alternate realities and a heavy dose of Steranko-surrealism thrown in.

Agreed on the capes front. Apart from books like Hawkguy and Daredevil (and Deadpool when Declan Shalvey/Jordie Bellaire join the book), I don't get anything from Marvel./ Nothing from DC now. It's almost entirely Image. Which actually makes me really happy about the state of comics these days. We have so much choice.

I still get a few DC books just because I love the characters and their art for the most part is pretty nice to look at. Marvel on the other hand, I'm down to about 3 books and that's driven almost entirely by the characters. Marvel books feel like crap too, they're so cheap compared to the other companies but they continue to charge just as much.

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Marvel's paper stock definitely needs sorting. DC just has nothing for me anymore. Batman was the last book I was getting and it feels like it moves from one big event to the next now. The rest feel bogged down with editorial meddling. Barely a week goes by when Bleeding Cool has something about another creater walking off a book over there.

Just finished Mara by Brian Wood and Ming Doyle. One of the better mini series I've read in a while. Wood is a very underrated writer.

I just went through Brandon Graham's King City again. Fun mix of subtle & overt humor with quirky & detailed illustration one can really sink down into.

He and Marian Churchland are a killer couple; artsy and fartsy and interesting. Her Beast is worth looking into; a sort of divergent take on Beauty and the Beast with maybe a bit of The Portrait of Dorian Gray thrown in, all in her wispy style.

I haven't seen it mentioned here so I'll plug Tam Gauld's You're All Just Jealous of My Jetpack:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1770461043/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1770461043/

It's a series of self-contained observational/absurdist humor-toons that are really fun and worth perusing. You can check out some of the toons included here:

http://myjetpack.tumblr.com/

One of my favorites:

Last edited by Jambe; 26-07-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: fixanlinkan
    Is not a leg.
    Frobnitz Ichor Liquor purveyors don't need compasses to tell which way the moon sounds.

Activated Node
    Casanova is great. I still have no idea what happened, but it was a good trip.

Pluto(From the guy who created Monster and 20th century boys); The series is based on Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy, specifically "The Greatest Robot on Earth" (地上最大のロボット Chijō saidai no robotto?) story arc, and named after the arc's chief villain. Urasawa reinterprets the story as a suspenseful murder mystery starring Gesicht, a Europol robot detective trying to solve the case of a string of robot and human deaths.