Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I've been reading the Marvel Cosmic story line, starting with the Annihilation books, conquest, War of Kings,Realm of Kings and Guardians of the Galaxy. Great stuff!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Uzumaki.. I'm enjoying it. For some reason I'm finding the horrifying bits sort of funny... something to do with the pacing, they way they're led up to, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    Uzumaki.. I'm enjoying it. For some reason I'm finding the horrifying bits sort of funny... something to do with the pacing, they way they're led up to, I think.
    Junji Ito is quite something. They've actually made a movie out of Uzumaki, but I haven't gotten around watching it yet, but I heard it's quite good (for a lesser known horror movie, at least).

I can't recommend "The Enigma of Amigara Fault" enough, it's maybe my favorite story by Junji Ito. Also "Long Dream" or Nagai Yume as it's called in Japanese is brilliant. But yeah, he's pretty brilliant at creating weird, out-of-place stories that manage to unsettle me. And well, sometimes maybe laugh a bit.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Junji Ito is quite something. They've actually made a movie out of Uzumaki, but I haven't gotten around watching it yet, but I heard it's quite good (for a lesser known horror movie, at least).

I can't recommend "The Enigma of Amigara Fault" enough, it's maybe my favorite story by Junji Ito. Also "Long Dream" or Nagai Yume as it's called in Japanese is brilliant. But yeah, he's pretty brilliant at creating weird, out-of-place stories that manage to unsettle me. And well, sometimes maybe laugh a bit.

Cool, I'll look them up when I'm finished this. The inhabitants of Kurôzu-cho seem to take all the crazy shit happening for granted, multiple deaths and unexplainable phenomenon are shrugged off :) "Katayama just turned into a giant snail, OH WELL, just get on with it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Any suggestions for good horror comics/Manga ?
    BioMeat, it has a weird artstyle though.

Activated Node
    Hi! So, comics, eh? Where I'm from, comics look this this:

Or this:

Sometimes even this:

So you can imagine my amazement when I moved to a place where comics look like this:

Activated Node
    I started reading this:

And this:

Also, this:

Network Hub
    Good choices! Though I never really gave Invisibles a chance. Still got to track down the last books from Transmet too....

I've started to get into The Goon yesterday and read issue 40#. Man, good stuff but I think I'm missing out. People who read the comics said that I should start on the first issue or 34#. Which one's better?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Start from the first one.

Started reading Battle Royale and its kinda good but i hate how every 16 year old is some kinda super human,i hoped for more realistic stuff -.-

Awwwww, yeeeeeeaaah
    Art blog here.

Battle Royale was to much for me,in one scene the main negative character fights a good kid,and suddenly they find KI within them and it becomes dragon ball z..i was like wtf is this shit.. Stopped and went to wiki to read rest of the plot.

Just found out about great horror manga,I AM HERO! It got some really important manga awards in japan i think,it starts really slowly..but then when it gets serious it keeps you on edge of your seat. Its still ongoing series,which started in 2009.

From the same author,i just started reading Boy On The Run,its about 26 "loser" who wants to become a boxer or something,it started quite interesting and funny lol.

Currently reading "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets!".
    Utterly genious on a crazy way. AND totally hilarious.
    gypyouregoingintospace.jpg

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Currently reading "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets!".
    Utterly genious on a crazy way. AND totally hilarious.
    gypyouregoingintospace.jpg
    Bought that on a lark a few years back. The biographical bit was melancholy, but the comics are jammin. I like the idiosyncratic powers that he gives to his characters. The bombast and changing body proportions make the author sort of the Liefeld of his day.

I take it back about Boys On The Run,it started cute,but at the middle it just went in other way,at the end you realize it was very depressing story,i mean sure real life is the same shit but wow,some really depressing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Bought that on a lark a few years back. The biographical bit was melancholy, but the comics are jammin. I like the idiosyncratic powers that he gives to his characters. The bombast and changing body proportions make the author sort of the Liefeld of his day.
    I'd say his drawings have a childish charm that Liefeld's lack, and that's why I really enjoy them while barelly tolerating most things Liefeld. Part of it is certainly comes from the very bright and vibrating colors, and another part comes from the lack of detail, as Liefeld tries to put too much detail on his stuff.
    I think that more interesting than the god-like powers of the protagonists, are the ludicrous plans of the villains (Stop the earth's rotation to DESTROY THE GRAVITY) and the over-the-top punishments that are inflicted on them.

Network Hub
    Just polished off Turf, very strong start from Jonathan Ross into comicdom. Nice to see a fanboy of such renown do good in the real thing, even if his characters are slightly wooden and the first couple of issues massively overscripted. By the end he learns to let the art tell the story.

Then on a bit of a Jeff Lemire spree with Nobody, his take on the Invisible Man. So so, bit of a hipster indy thing I feel as it doesn't really have all that much to say. However the artwork is a nice fit to the story of detachment, and I like whenever I see the same name under both key credits. Now I'm on to Sweet Tooth, similar case but already so so much better. Decided to check out Lemire after Animal Man and not regretting it, though I do hope the Swamp Thing/Animal Man crossover ends soon...

If ending the crossover means getting Lemire and Foreman back on AM, I'm all for it. Then again, the crossover's just getting started and last issue was interesting enough compared to most. And man, Poison Ivy's going to be in it October!
    Art blog here.

Activated Node
    I'm currently reading Marvel Heroes.