Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11

    Sniper Elite V2 - The Ultimate Sniping Simulator


    Youtube Link


    Please read this quote from the video description before you tell me that I'm just trying to show off my "awesome skills".

    Some people don't seem to understand the point of this video. Its purpose is to show the complete lack of a ballistics system when aiming without scoping in. There is no weapon sway or recoil. Stamina does not matter unless you look down your scope. The few missed shots in the video are entirely due to the ridiculously large crosshair. Playing this way shouldn't be even remotely feasible. I really hope they'll release a patch for this because, besides this and the linear tutorial mission, the game is pretty great.
    Last edited by Senescent; 30-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    362
    Hey I just scoped this same thread on the Sniper Elite forums on Steam.

    "Playing this way shouldn't be even remotely feasible."

    Then don't play it that way? :/

  3. #3
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Heister View Post
    Hey I just scoped this same thread on the Sniper Elite forums on Steam.

    "Playing this way shouldn't be even remotely feasible."

    Then don't play it that way? :/
    A lot of people have been telling me this and honestly I think you and the others have the completely wrong mindset. It's kind of like saying "Oh, this game includes an aimbot that's available to everyone but I just won't turn it on because that wouldn't make it any fun." If they don't fix this I will not play this way because obviously it ruins the game. But what I meant when I said that it shouldn't be feasible is that you should not be able to play like this, regardless of if you want to or not.

  4. #4
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,166
    Oh,its to much to call it "Ultimate Sniping Simulator",because snipers generally avoid combat at all costs. Either their job is to sneak behind enemy lines to execute high-value targets, or to hide as an enemy force approaches and pick off the vanguard to demoralize the rest of the troops. I could see a sniping game requiring some minor close-up murdering, slitting sentry throats, for example, while getting into the optimum sniping position wouldn't be too out of character. Significantly less sniper-y is grabbing a heavy automatic weapon and gunning down hordes of onrushing Nazis.

  5. #5
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Oh,its to much to call it "Ultimate Sniping Simulator",because snipers generally avoid combat at all costs. Either their job is to sneak behind enemy lines to execute high-value targets, or to hide as an enemy force approaches and pick off the vanguard to demoralize the rest of the troops. I could see a sniping game requiring some minor close-up murdering, slitting sentry throats, for example, while getting into the optimum sniping position wouldn't be too out of character. Significantly less sniper-y is grabbing a heavy automatic weapon and gunning down hordes of onrushing Nazis.
    Completely this.

    One day a decent sniper sim will come out where things like hiding, -not- taking a shot, relaying info and so on will be key. No one has managed to do that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  6. #6
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Completely this.

    One day a decent sniper sim will come out where things like hiding, -not- taking a shot, relaying info and so on will be key. No one has managed to do that yet.
    It's called ARMA 2.
    to wound the autumnal city.

  7. #7
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It's called ARMA 2.
    Maybe, but it's very rare that a sniper+spotter team is useful in ARMA2 in multiplayer above and beyond the same two players simply taking a basic infantry role.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Maybe, but it's very rare that a sniper+spotter team is useful in ARMA2 in multiplayer above and beyond the same two players simply taking a basic infantry role.
    That is very dependent on the group you play with. RPS Arma 2 doesn't manage to effectively use them, Tier 1 Ops on the other hand uses them very well and they are a great asset. They regularly go whole missions without being seen or having fired a shot, but they were critical in the success of the mission.

    Sniper Elite V2 has no real sniping credentials at all as a game, I don't know why people bothered. Arma 2 sniping with ACE is much more realistic.

  9. #9
    Network Hub sk2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Western Pomerania
    Posts
    118
    Another game i will never finish. I played up to a mission where i had to kill a tank that was guarding a command post. The area was EMPTY, no soldiers, only the tank driving around. I destroyed the tank and VOILA! the area was full of enemy soldiers. Quitted the game and un-installed. I hate scripted crap like that. Will there ever be a sandbox sniper sim?

  10. #10
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,614
    It's also very unlikely to see a sniper who would, in his / her good judgement out of one's professional skill, snipe in an open ground, only to be sniped back. It's just common sense to hide to snipe. Of course, how to hide to snipe is not a thing anyone can do. However, you have to realize that the background of the game is World War 2, it is not a war like fighting insurgents. It's about a war comprised of battles of division / corp / army / army group scale. Even Germans on the Omaha breach weren't safe from sniper fire. It's difficult to judge whether game setting like the one of this game is unrealistic.

    Plus, snipers aren't supposed to seek stealth kills in close range / melee combat of course, but they are not supposed to be able to completely evade them neither. Here is an animation example of what a sniper would end up even if he is not confronting a rival sniper:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •