Blacklight: Retribution get free in-game items from Raptr

Raptr's giving away free in-game weapons, armor, and camo for F2P shooter Blacklight Retribution as part of its new Raptr Rewards system. I work at Raptr (full disclosure), but I thought people might be interested in this one, especially since Retribution is getting some pretty good reviews. Basically, join Raptr if you aren't a member already, then just play the game and you'll earn the rewards.

Full details:
    http://raptr.com/rewards/blacklight-newbie
    http://raptr.com/rewards/blacklight-amateur

Valid in US, Canada, UK (coming soon), Australia, and Brazil only.

Activated Node
    Nice, but I don't live in any of those countries. Can I get it with proxy?

I'm afraid this promo is only for those territories, but Raptr will constantly be putting up new rewards. Stay tuned!

Blacklight: Retribution is only working for US. right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Funny to see Brazil among the eligible countries; that speaks volumes about the game's user base. It also means I won't touch this game with a 10 feet pole.

Activated Node
    No, BLR works anywhere, you just can't get the rewards without being from one of these countries. Buuut what if I use a proxy? =P

And probably that user base comes from Raptr actually. There are lots of brazilians in-game, though (about 25%).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsane View Post
    BLR works anywhere
    Right.

Activated Node
    Found a workaround to Raptr stupid region locking (not my idea). You don't need Raptr app!

This will take about an hour, so be patient.

1. Install Cocoon extension for Firefox and register into the service (you can use any temp email for this, though Cocoon might be useful for other promos, so it's your pick).
    1b. Make sure you have an US IP by googling a site like what's my ip and country.
    2. Log into Cocoon extension and go to raptr.com with Firefox.
    3. Register a bogus account (it's very fast), skip everything, then search "S4 League" game and add it to your collection. Onto the bottom left there's a "Track gametime manually". Input 3 hours.
    4. Now add "Blacklight: Retribution" game. Track manually 30 minutes. This is very important.
    5. Now wait for half an hour, if you want, go to your profiles, click on Rewards beta, then click on Check rewards, just to be sure.
    6. After 30-60 minutes, the system will be updated, and you will get your code for Newbie reward.
    7. Now go to Blacklight: Retribution game, and add 3 hours.
    8. Wait again 30-60 minutes, and there's your other code.

Have fun!