Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obscure Node

Far Cry 2 - Graphical Enhancement Suite

This mod or "injector" will remove the original dull tint the vanilla game has making it look much more natural and life-like. The textures have a realistic amount of saturation and are much sharper than before, meaning you'll notice small details that should have been in the game originally. Even though this is under 1MB, Far Cry 2 will never be the same again.
    Last edited by Senescent; 02-05-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Finally, somebody made a mod for FarCry 2!

It'll help if you give a little description for your mod, you know
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Obscure Node
    Done! I posted it here in a hurry, sorry. Game of Thrones was calling.

Network Hub
    Well, this is obviously subjective but vanilla looks a lot better to me. All this does is mess with the shaders so it looks over-saturated, i could have done that myself by turning-up the saturation and contrast on my monitor. I'm pretty sure that building isn't made of gold :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    What mistabashi said,vanilly looks better x)

Well I don't know, I could like the "enhanced" one too, but I'm guessing it would get stressful for eyes pretty quick.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

It seems like some people automatically equate brighter colors with better graphics. I appreciate the mod for FC2 though. I've always had a special place for that game.

The mod that far cry 2 really needs is a way to stop enemies from constantly respawning. A cleared out checkpoint should stay cleared out. Perhaps make the big areas/hubs respawn after several in game days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbane View Post
    The mod that far cry 2 really needs is a way to stop enemies from constantly respawning. A cleared out checkpoint should stay cleared out. Perhaps make the big areas/hubs respawn after several in game days.
    Then you have an FPS game with no one to S. I think some people looked into altering respawn times and found that they were hard-coded so couldn't be changed. There was some playing around with the psycho crazy tenacious enemy attack jeeps though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    It seems like some people automatically equate brighter colors with better graphics.
    Not Blizzard fans.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yeah, have to say I think the orginal screens look better too. The upped saturation just makes it look a bit Mario Land.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yeah, higher saturation and contrast does not make the graphics "enhanced".

This is supposed to be a very dustry area; it's good that it looks dusty...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I like the more vibrant skies, not sure about the buildings and ground though. If there were some way to keep those lovely blue skies and make the sunrises/sunsets more gorgeous but keep everything else the same, I'd be all over that.

Is it possible to add more hubs in the place? The map's huge and all but locations are a bit samey or boring there, minus a few places that I've forgotten about. The landscapes there are beautiful, though
    Art blog here.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Is it possible to add more hubs in the place? The map's huge and all but locations are a bit samey or boring there, minus a few places that I've forgotten about. The landscapes there are beautiful, though
    I don't think it's ever been possible to really mod the game, people tried to and petitioned for tools to no avail... It's one game I think could really have been preserved in a modding community.. a real pity, I'd still be playing it today if it were possible to change fundamental aspects.

That sucks. Too bad you can only use the map editor for multiplayer. What a waste
    Art blog here.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    That sucks. Too bad you can only use the map editor for multiplayer. What a waste
    Yep! DAMN YOU UBISOOOOFFFFFFFFT

Obscure Node
    It's completely fine if you think vanilla looks better. However, I really recommend trying it in-game before completely dismissing it. If the saturation looks too high you could adjust your in-game brightness/gamma settings until it looks right. Far Cry 2 vanilla has an, in my opinion, ugly "tint" kind of like how everything in BF3 is blueish. The reason I called this "enhanced" is because it removes that tint, showing the original texture work before they decided to make everything look sepia toned and "more realistic". I tried to find a link to the Battlefield 3 post that showed the game before they added the final color grading but for whatever I can't for the life of me. I should really probably take more/better screenshots because it usually doesn't look quite as colorful as the first one. Regardless, I'm extremely proud of what I have achieved. I obviously didn't make the actual injector but it took hours upon hours to get the settings right. FC2 is extremely picky with what it will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Yeah, have to say I think the orginal screens look better too. The upped saturation just makes it look a bit Mario Land.
    ...but Mario Land was in monochrome!
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    You should make a short vid-a-yoo to show! I like the original appearance of Far Cry 2 but would be quite willing to try something new (especially now that I have a computer that will run it at higher than 800x600). I will try it sometime either way, but a video in the meantime would probably show it off better. =)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.