Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obscure Node
    I made a video just for you guys! You can check it out by clicking on the link I've added to the original post.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    It really give the game a more vibrant look akin to Far Cry and Far Cry 3, which suits me well. The night is even darker than vanilla, too dark for others perhaps but those can be changed by editing the setting file.

Just try it and even if you don't like it you can just change the filter to vanilla by pressing the 'Break' key.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

I'll be trying this out. Good work.

So, saturation + 100? no thx

I'm a little torn on this one, after looking at the video. Some of it looks really good (which surprised me, since I wasn't won over by the initial pictures), and then other bits just didn't look dusty enough. Still, certainly interesting. I might well be persuaded to tinker (since I did love the look in FC2).

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Finally, somebody made a mod for FarCry 2!

It'll help if you give a little description for your mod, you know
    Sadly, not a mod, just an injector. It just makes changes to the renderer settings to alter the graphics slightly. There's still no SDK for Far Cry 2, and there never will be.

Rick over at gib.me built an unpacking tool that let you access the resources for the game and (I believe) recompile them, so hypothetically you could open them with the map editor and change things (for instance, remove all of the spawn points at the checkpoints which I was tempted to try at one time (before I realised that without them it would just be a driving game (what's the rule on putting parentheses inside parentheses?))) but there's just no way to viably change the missions or the game beyond superficial alterations.

It's really a shame, because FC2 could really have done with some modding after release. Would have been nice if someone could have made some mods to, for example, allow the weapons slots to be interchangeable, add a couple of hundred non violent NPCs around the map, etc. Eventually more ambitious modders might even have added more vehicles (like in FC1) or replaced the notorious checkpoints with faction zones like in the main town.

A couple of mods like that would have taken it from good to amazing

Please stop naming mods that just change color values or other simple matters-of-taste "Graphical Enhancement Suites". It's /the/ most annoying thing to dig through on mod sites; there's always ten million of them and they're almost always shit. It's a color/tone adjustment; name it as such.

Holy crap! That looks Good!!!
    Being Perfect is simple....
    Just don't do anything ever and you should be good to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    Sadly, not a mod, just an injector. It just makes changes to the renderer settings to alter the graphics slightly. There's still no SDK for Far Cry 2, and there never will be.

Rick over at gib.me built an unpacking tool that let you access the resources for the game and (I believe) recompile them, so hypothetically you could open them with the map editor and change things (for instance, remove all of the spawn points at the checkpoints which I was tempted to try at one time (before I realised that without them it would just be a driving game (what's the rule on putting parentheses inside parentheses?))) but there's just no way to viably change the missions or the game beyond superficial alterations.

It's really a shame, because FC2 could really have done with some modding after release. Would have been nice if someone could have made some mods to, for example, allow the weapons slots to be interchangeable, add a couple of hundred non violent NPCs around the map, etc. Eventually more ambitious modders might even have added more vehicles (like in FC1) or replaced the notorious checkpoints with faction zones like in the main town.

A couple of mods like that would have taken it from good to amazing
    The folks over at SomethingAwful made some progress last year. A modding tool was written - it can tweak stats and AI behaviour, the damage model, add new assets etc. This is the thread, but as I don't have an account I can't view it now.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    There's a mod or gameplay tweaks that has come out on moddb that change those stats but no new assets added though. The camo is more effective which makes the stealth a more viable option. The enemies are easier to be killed but so does the player, which makes the checkpoints more challenging than just being redundant. It worth a look at least.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM