Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Hitman 5: Abosultion GAMEPLAY trailer.

This looks like SC:Conviction or new Batman games..son i'm disappointed,Hitman games were last good stealth stuff we had,now we lost even that. SC was ruined by Conviction,Thief 4 is in making and i don't believe its gonna be any good,so fuck this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCb6_0kOQE

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Devil's advocate:

Maybe they're just advertising it that way at the moment to grab a bunch of uninitiated, action-worshipping, unlock-chasing gamorz.

He just dragged a body to a wardrobe and climbed in with it, surely that just a bit stealthy?

Considering Thi4f is being made by the same devs that made Deadly Shadows, I dunno. Then again, they did well with DX:HR so... yay?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The worry about this is (I've been following this closely) is there are no manual saves and the levels are checkpointed which suggests a more linear, narrower way of doing things. That and the new instinct mode which lets you see enemy paths is discouraging too, along with the fact that they changed his voice actor(fairly minor I know). I think it'll still be a good game, but they seem to have discarded the sandboxy-ness from the previous games, which were always their strong point.

Will it have an air-rifle? That is the question.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    They basically say you can go stealthy or all guns blazing. It's a trailer so it makes sense to show the action stuff. Watching a guy go around and choke out a bunch of dudes because he's all silent assassin isn't exactly gripping for a trailer.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

looks like you can still go all stealthy, besides i liked conviction and the new batman games... infact this kinda makes me want to re-play arkham city

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Considering Thi4f is being made by the same devs that made Deadly Shadows, I dunno. Then again, they did well with DX:HR so... yay?
    Thief 4 is being made by Edios Montreal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief_4#Thief_4 - not Ion Storm, who made Deadly Shadows. I don't understand the negativity, Eidos made a decent Deus Ex sequel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    He sums it up pretty good if you ask me.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...an-absolution/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Review's out, the game's shit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Network Hub
    Goddamn, I pre-ordered it yesterday :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Review's out, the game's shit.
    God dammit!! This was the last game I was really looking forward to this year :'(

I hated the initial trailers but the more I read about it and the new, more stealth focused trailers, made me start to believe the game could be a decent sequel.

Can't believe they fucked it up that much. Obviously this is just one guys opinion but I have a feeling most reviews will say the same.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Can't believe they fucked it up that much. Obviously this is just one guys opinion but I have a feeling most reviews will say the same.
    Tom Francis is well known as a bit of a Hitman lover. I have a feeling (admittedly partially based on early reviews!) it will review well on consoles and people with less experience with the series, but ultimately disappoint people who are more familiar.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    God dammit!! This was the last game I was really looking forward to this year :'(
    Everyone was. First Dishonored, then AC III and now this, the only saving grace for stealth this year was Mark of the Ninja.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ? Dishonored was great, and Assassin's Creed has never been about stealth. I agree mark of the ninja was good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Tom Francis is well known as a bit of a Hitman lover. I have a feeling (admittedly partially based on early reviews!) it will review well on consoles and people with less experience with the series, but ultimately disappoint people who are more familiar.
    Yeah, you're not wrong...

OPM 9/10
    OXM 9/10 "everything that fans have ever loved about the series"
    Play3 88%

Network Hub
    I hate sentences like the following

"I ran it on three PC's that run Skyrim perfectly so why can't this run the same"

Come on the fuck. What are the PC specs? What monitor are you using, are you on super high resolutions? Are you playing the final build or the review build? Shit like that is lazy.

Hitman 5: Abosolution sounds more like the manifesto of the Australian Nazi Party, which I will surmise is a bunch of guys who put shrimp on barbies, drink tinnies and are horrible racist bastards.

Network Hub
    Hitman: Blood money is supposed to be the best in the series, right? Now go over to the steam's store page for it and take a look at the screenshots shown there. Do you recognize that as the game you've played? Did you tot around with an automatic grenade launcher in plain daylight in a suburban neighbourhood? Did you carry a gun in every single mission? No, right? But marketting has to sell the game and sex and guns is what sells.

So like others have already mentioned above, it's too early to ring the doom bell just because of typical marketting shit trailer. Play before you make a judgement.