Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea, it's the best in the series, definitely worth the money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Thats arguable,i say Silent Assassin was the best Hitman game.

I'd say that Codename 47 and Blood money are awesome and I never liked Silent Assassin nor Contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    ? Dishonored was great, and Assassin's Creed has never been about stealth. I agree mark of the ninja was good.
    Dishonored was a fun game for those who don't care about game balance and like being god-like, but it was a terrible stealth game.

Activated Node
    With great scepticism I've looked forward to this game. I don't think I'm too cynical if I think people shouldn't get their hopes up after the initial direction the game seems to be taking is so very wrong. So many claim "it's just marketing!" "We haven't seen the game yet!" like it's supposed to convince me. I've seen big companies take their franchise in to what is for me the completely wrong direction. Although I haven't played Absolution yet, all signs seem to point this is the case here as well. This video sums up how I feel and have felt since we got the first information about this game (very minor spoilers):

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    That wrestling this is actually pretty cool if it is just one option. You've been assigned to take out a wrestler, why not grab a costume and kill him in the ring. The QTE's are dumb, but I guess you wouldn't have those if you took him out another way? Also kind of weird he takes off the mask...

Yeah, it's disconcerting, but hopefully it's just one of several options for assassinating that guy.

Activated Node
    "Maybe it's an option" doesn't sound very convincing to me. I think it's too easy to sweep it under the table like that. Maybe I am just too cynical, but I've seen it happen time and again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff about Absolution looks anti-Hitman, but I do think if you had a mission to take out a wrestler it's a neat option to be able to disguise as a wrestler and kill him in the ring. Maybe that's TOO Hitman for Absolution.

Activated Node
    That's what I'm afraid of. I loved the silly options in Blood Money (Insane Florist rating!), but I think the player got a silent assassin rating for murdering the guy without a mask in front of hundreds of people.

Another great franchise ruined. it has so much potentiall. i read PC gamer review and they mention Cutscene Assasination. really??

so it means targets will be automatically killed?

Network Hub
    When we developed this game, we fell the need to bring the stealth genre to the next level, so we designed it with the sole purpose of satisfying the new audiences while not alienating our core gamers... so you can press square to stealth...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff about Absolution looks anti-Hitman, but I do think if you had a mission to take out a wrestler it's a neat option to be able to disguise as a wrestler and kill him in the ring. Maybe that's TOO Hitman for Absolution.
    Even if the game provides 1000 options for the kill, that option with QTE is still retarded, no matter where you look at it. Is designing a melee system that hard?

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    Is designing a melee system that hard?
    I would assume so, considering very few games actually do get it right.

Network Hub
    Also, the QTE awards a Silent Assassin rating. Its so embarrasing

“There are objectives in the game that involve walking through the only entrance to a room and aiming at someone’s face in slow motion. React too slowly and they shoot first and then gloat in game over scenes that you may remember from Batman’s adventures in Arkham.”

“Remarkably, most levels don’t have a target – they’re about getting from one place to another instead of hitting a man”

Tabumdish! :D

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    Even if the game provides 1000 options for the kill, that option with QTE is still retarded, no matter where you look at it. Is designing a melee system that hard?
    To be fair to the game, the QTE system is probably the best way around that encounter. It would be quite ridiculous to design a whole control scheme around wrestling for a sequence that lasts a minute, whilst just having generic melee combat would look silly there.

The issue is more that the kill was rewarded with a silent assassin rating.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Remarkably, most levels don’t have a target
    WTF??? most level dont have targets??

then what is the point of Hitman? and it even has QTEs??

let face it. Cover, See through walls, QTEs (worst mechanics ever), Finishing Moves, cutscenes assasination...

they ruined it to apeal lowest common denominator. this is not Hitman

Just read WOT I THINK on main page and stop repeating yourself men.