Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Sigh. I'll probably end up buying this just so that I know how bad it really is and can talk about it with good conscience. I'm stupid that way.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Activated Node
    That's pretty damn stupid. It's just a game. Skip it, or wait for a sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Er wut?

They tried to pack far more detail into this game than they ever did with Blood Money, and checkpoint systems and the way it resets disguises is definitely an indicator they have memory issues workin on consoles.

The last part was meant as developers decided to screw fans of hitman games and try to appeal to action junkies,new generation of gamers. So thats why allot of the features that were present in previous games were cut up,making game easier to play and linaer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    But a lot of the complaints coming from it are that it's not an action game, but it's not the old style social stealth from before. Although there is stuff like the wrestling match it's very much a stealth game, it just doesn't do it as we're used to.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    But a lot of the complaints coming from it are that it's not an action game, but it's not the old style social stealth from before. Although there is stuff like the wrestling match it's very much a stealth game, it just doesn't do it as we're used to.
    Yep. It just does worse...
    Last edited by dnf; 20-11-2012 at 01:08 AM.

SPOILERS!

Your image does not work :D

SPOILERS!
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 20-11-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Your image does not work :D
    Don't spoil it Daft.

I fixed it :|

Network Hub
    Them, refresh got me, will try again...

hitmanofwar.jpg

Obscure Node
    Well I pre-ordered this as I really enjoyed the earlier games in the series. It sounds like this could have been a mistake. Although...I liked Alpha Protocol (boss fights aside) so perhaps I am more forgiving.

I may buy it too, despite of the warnings. Splinter Cell: Conviction wasn't a good sequel, but it was a good game. Hoping that this could be at least that too. Though from what we've read that may be hoping for too much.

From the hitman forums, most people say if you are looking to scratch your hitman-y itch there is enough of the old gameplay in there to do so, as long as you can put up with linear, not so good bits. Considering I like Silent Assassin, I think I can.

Obscure Node
    I played it a bit last night and while the story seems a bit tired, it feels like a Hitman game to me. The game is gorgeous as well-which never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    I played it a bit last night and while the story seems a bit tired, it feels like a Hitman game to me. The game is gorgeous as well-which never hurts.
    After a few hours that's what I'd say too. All the things that were criticized are there, but I feel that the criticism may have been too harsh. I just completed Blood Money a couple of days ago, and while this new hitman indeed doesn't have large open levels, and is often headed from point A to point B, I still feel like playing a Hitman game. Just with added stealth elements. Or is it a stealth game with Hitman elements? I don't know. It's a crime what they do with the IP but there's still a game to be enjoyed there. Just like Splinter Cell: Conviction (though I consider the crime here to be smaller, mind you).

Banned
    My biggest complaint so far is really the quality of the cut scene animations. The character models are clearly less detailed than you find in other titles due to the density at times and in the game they look acceptable (albeit there's the inevitable repeat) however they just don't carry it in the animation sequences at all and it kind of detracts from the experience (still they were equally as terribad in BM tbh).

Just played that Saints level. It's so unnecessary and stupid that it will leave you speechless. Fairly sure they completed the game and then some exec came and said "not enough sexy ladies".

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

This looks like SC:Conviction or new Batman games..son i'm disappointed,Hitman games were last good stealth stuff we had,now we lost even that. SC was ruined by Conviction,Thief 4 is in making and i don't believe its gonna be any good,so fuck this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCb6_0kOQE
    nice one. I can live with this. the stealth mode is still there plus a great option to kill everything in its path.
    this is gonna rock.

Network Hub
    Spoiler: someone dies, also stupid AI is stupid.

Blood Money was perfect too!

Network Hub
    The flaws of past games validate the flaws of modern ones...