Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I'll try to get hold of the vanilla game for the next LoB meetup on 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Temple View Post
    @desvergh -you'll want to check with them that you will not get murdered before you go. Not everyone offers you the same cast-iron guarantee as our little group you know.
    Well am going along with my wife and a RL friend... so if we do get murdered that is a lot to dispose of. I suspect that would be too much hassle for them... although it is a "picnic" event... suspicious scotch egg anyone?

Well. I've bought the game (for 65) and if it gets delivered before 31st I'll bring it to the next LoB meetup. I'm assuming that DarkFenix and Temple are up for this, but the 4th and 5th players are possibly not fixed yet. We should probably exchange steam usernames or email addresses to better facilitate communication and suchlike.

Edit: aravar is in. I also have a friend by the name of Henry who will probably be game (if you'll pardon the pun) so I guess we just need to get in contact and get organising!
    Last edited by Daave; 23-07-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Obscure Node
    After reading this I'm kind of sad I don't live in dreary England :(

Let my self get sucked into a game of Agricola last night. I wanted to learn it for a long time (and I can see it is a good game) so could not turn it down, but I was up for learning something silly like Pandemic or Nexus Ops so it did not go down well.
    Instead 3.5 hours playing something that I wasn't in the mood for, with a couple of people who weren't the best to play with and then the people who knew how to play it just suddenly screwed me at the end. Fun!
    Someone had brought Arkham along as well which I so want to try to see if I'm buying it :(
    And Alien Frontiers which is something I really like the look of.

Now really looking forward to some Ameritrash Descent or Runebound on Sunday.
    Try London on Board for free and easy boardgaming

Activated Node
    Sounds pretty poor. I'm kind of keen to learn Agricola at some point, but it does seem like some of the LoB people are more interested in winning than everyone having an enjoyable game. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Pandemic, though: it's a bit too deterministic for me and I like things with a bit more flavour.

Once I have got out of my current job/flat-hunting related panic, and provided people don't mind me hogging vast areas of table, I will bring Arkham Horror along to one of the Sunday meets (possibly the August 21st meet-up), so don't go buying it quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Temple View Post
    Let my self get sucked into a game of Agricola last night. I wanted to learn it for a long time (and I can see it is a good game) so could not turn it down, but I was up for learning something silly like Pandemic or Nexus Ops so it did not go down well.
    Instead 3.5 hours playing something that I wasn't in the mood for, with a couple of people who weren't the best to play with and then the people who knew how to play it just suddenly screwed me at the end. Fun!
    Someone had brought Arkham along as well which I so want to try to see if I'm buying it :(
    And Alien Frontiers which is something I really like the look of.

Now really looking forward to some Ameritrash Descent or Runebound on Sunday.
    Sorry to hear you had a bad time with Agricola. Did your family starve? If not then you can count that as a win for your first game, especially if other players were blocking you out of the good spots. Personally I never play Agricola "against" the other players, in that I choose actions that are best for me, not those that screw over other players.

Both Arkham and Descent can be good fun (although I do have some issues with Descent).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah I think I was with a nice enough group that when I played it, they were I think a bit easy on me with the blocking stuff and even when they were it was a little bit more fun since we did have a bit of a laugh with it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nice one Daave, hopefully we can get the 5 organised soon and work out when to meet, find whether everyone present actually likes the game, then perhaps work out something regarding the expansions once we have 5 people who actually will commit.

We're organised! Or not. We'll discuss it this Sunday and share emails/facebooks etc.
    Have a week in Wales coming up, so not around 13th-20th August but after (and before) that should be free.

Anyone notice Amazon reduces the price of something you put in your basket but don't buy immediately?
    Warhammer Invasion has decreased over the last week and now down to 21.92
    Not sure I actually want it though. 2-player ain't my bag at the moment. I'd play Battlelore or Memoir if I was playing 2-player.
    Battles of Westeros add-ons keep fluctuating in price as well -haven't even got the base game and I still think of buying them :)

Order posted, let's see if it arrives!

Obscure Node
    @Daave - Awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to trying out some Descent dungeon crawling. Are you planning to bring it on Sunday if it turns up in time? Still up for Horus Heresy if not?

@Temple - I have a copy of Arkham Horror (just the core game), that I snaffled cheap off ebay. I can bring it along on Sunday if you want to take a look at it, though we might not get Descent and Arkham Horror into the same day. Arkham horror seems to be a 3+ hour game at any rate. I also have Warhammer Invasion, I've only played it once, and it was a bit disastrous, but I'd like to give it another go, so happy to try it again if you'd like to try it out. Plus I think you can probably play it multiplayer, with just a little bit of rules fudging.

Thanks a lot for the offer Chris.
    I managed to paw over/pore over the box in Tuesday so no need to tease me with another sighting as I don't think we'll get to play it. Between Descent/Horus, Runebound and another game that I might bring (I think the D&D adventure game if Dave's delivery ain't arrived -unless anyone is crying out for Battlelore/Memoir) and Warhammer Invasion AND all the other games that will just be there and I want to play that we'll be sorted.

Might go beg on LoB see if whoever brought the copy last week wants to play Arkham on the Wednesday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Ergh why does money have to be so limiting a resource. I really want to go and can't. Damn You!

Well it should be delivered tomorrow, so I have Saturday as a fall back. Whilst Arkham Horror is awesome, getting people to play two monster games on one day would be a bit much. There's no reason why us RPS-types couldn't organise a game round someone's place, BaronWR and aravar both have a copy and I've even played it with Rory and some of his little game group.

I'll probably bring Horus Heresy anyway and see if someone else wants to play it, or possibly play it if the Descent game finishes at a reasonable hour. Although I enjoyed playing a few games that lasted less than an hour last time, such as Space Alert, Race for the Galaxy and Cosmic Encounters.

The plan as I understand it is to try out Descent on Sunday, exchange contact details, tentatively arrange a date to play (I don't mind hosting the first one), see about buying some of the expansions for Descent and not get murdered.

Obscure Node
    Well that all sounds like a brilliant plan. I'll just bring some lightweight games along on Sunday then.

Fucking hell there are lots of bits to this game. I'll try to learn the rules by Sunday :S

Descent thread in our group page for us to chat on
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ss#gmessage188

Think I'm in two minds about it. Wonder if I have stamina for long games anymore. Loved the first game next two less fun. Maybe the expansions with more options would re-engage me... and not getting webbed for the entire game :)

Banned
    Merseyside area, here. :D The only thing I've got is Call of Cthulhu and, well... You know how that is.

Anyone about there?

Obscure Node
    Oxfordshire area, here (though mainly central oxford). I already have a regular group that consists mostly of work colleagues; we're a friendly bunch, we have a venue (a superb little pub) and we always seem to end up with either too few players to fill a 5-6 player game, or not quite enough to run two consecutively. We've got Descent, Mansions of Madness, Last Night on Earth, Alien Frontiers, Space Hulk 1st Edition, Space Hulk 3rd Edition, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Dominion and a few more.