Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    No no that's more then enough, thanks for the info mine and I'm sure you likely see me down there at some point :-)

Graah, dog nudged my hand as I was posting.

The Irish Games Association has a weekly meet-up in Dublin in the Dark Horse, which is a pub near Tara Street train station, every Thursday at 7 PM. I need some incentive to stay in town on Thursday night, so if anyone here feels like going, please post here ahead of time and I'll do my best to go.

Games I definitely have:
    Saboteur
    Dwarf King
    Einfach Genial (2 player; no language skills needed)
    Kahuna (2 player)
    the two-player version of Settlers of Catan (being able to understand a small amount of German would help).

I might be able to steal back my copy of Munchkin and/or borrow some other games, but that would require more planning than the above.

IGA's Facebook page, which seems to be the best way of keeping tabs on them, is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/IGA-G...1620554?v=wall

Obscure Node
    This is probably a long shot but I was wondering if anyone's in Perth, Australia? Recently moved here and would love to find a group of people for board games/card games.

Sadly don't have any games with me myself since I only arrived a few weeks ago after travelling.

Any suggestions on where to look for groups?

boardgamegeek might be a good place to start, I'm sure there are some other sites linked in this thread somewhere as well.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

If anyones in the Leeds area the Leeds Uni Sci FI/ SF society has gaming days every saturaday of term http://geekyleeds.net/. We play a mix of ameritrash and Euro games. Talisman gets played far more than it deserves, as does Settlers of Catan, A game of scones and cosmic encounter make infrequent appearances etc. it runs 3pm-10pm in the union building. A few non students come so im sure you'll be welcome aslong as your amiable.

Also i run a once a month board game night at my church (also in Leeds), its 3rd friday of the month. PM me if you want to come to this. WE tend to play simpler games here; Survive, Anke-morpork, i tried running cosmic but half those playing didnt get it.

UK: Stevenage / North-Herts club

Hi,

I've started a new club in Stevenage and North Herts area, so if your'e interested take a look.
    We are up to eight people already so more the merrier.

http://www.meetup.com/Stevenage-Boardgame-Club/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, I was just coming into here to state an interest in some mid-week london boardgaming now that I work in london and there's a club in stevenage, too. How exciting. I've gone from no boardgame options to possibly 2.

I can get over to stevo, but it would be more of a weekend thing (I'm over near harlow), evenings would be a bit tricky. I'll pop an application in Jorum, if thats ok, I don't know how much of a 'regular' i can be.

So, anyone boardgaming in london during the week at the moment?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    So, anyone boardgaming in london during the week at the moment?
    http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, that IS handy, any RPS types go specifically to one of those mid-week ones? (So I have someone familiar to cling to for safety?)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    I used to go on weekdays but recently started doing weekends. I first heard about it here but have never knowingly played with anyone from RPS. I'm sure there are a fair few though.
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

Board/Wargamer in Cardiff here. Got a couple of opponents but always on the look out for more. Biggest issue is time having a young family. What i'd really love to do someday is play World in Flames face to face - now thats a time/space hog !!

The RPS group-up-a-bit http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru....php?groupid=5 has a few members you may recognise as I know some of them do those other social evenings organised by RPS. Brrrr, mixing with human beings.
    It has been said many times, but the London on Board people are lovely, best to join up there so you can rsvp as they get over 50 people for the midweek sessions and that is their capacity.
    Try London on Board for free and easy boardgaming

not applicable anymore
    Last edited by Makariel; 07-04-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: obsolete information

Greetings!

I'm another one of these "interested but not really tried" chaps from North London (Wood Green). I moved down a couple of months ago and have yet to take advantage of opportunities like these and would be interested in meeting up with any locals in a similar situation as I plan on attending some of the bigger RPS meets once I've got to know some folks and I'm not just that chap with the beard and long hair in the corner :p

Joined the Not Get Murdered group and I'm gonna look into this London On Board one, but if anyone wants to double team on them feel free to give me a poke

Hello! Still people around playing games with boards? Looking for people to play with/against in Hampshire.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder