Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    I'll be along to one of these Sunday sessions as soon as they stop clashing with exciting cricket. Would definitely be up for joining in this Descent business, if there's room.

Obscure Node
    Anyone interested in a Glasgow based meet-up?
    Currently manage to get the odd game with friends when we can successfully co-ordinate schedules but rarely with more than three players. Would be willing to organise something if there were a few folk up for it.

Just a quick report on attending Afternoon Play - A group in the Birmingham area.

http://www.facebook.com/?tid=2113668...29618213727390

Was an unusual session for them, as it was outdoors in a park (is usually in a coffee shop).

Group seemed pretty nice. Only played a couple of small games. Watched Blokus being played, had a couple of rounds of Button Men (small 5 minute game that is free to print out), was taught to play 7 Wonders in a 6 player game (my military might of Rhodes was not enough to secure a win).

Whilst I was doing this my wife was enjoying a game of bowls with some of the rest of the group.

After that time left for a go on the pedalos in a thunderstorm and then home.

Can recommend the group to anyone interested. As they only meet for 3-4 hours though, they tend to play small light games, that take at most 1 hour.

I'm also aiming to attend a group nearby in Bromsgrove, which is currently being arranged.

If anyone needs any details feel free to contact me.

Anyone going to the London On Board session today?

Hi, I'm registering my board game interest.
    I'm based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (UK).

Board games I own (and that I can actually find)
    Space Hulk 3rd Ed
    Cave Troll
    Willow
    Heroquest
    Runebound
    Bloodbowl
    Chaos Marauders (the original)
    Thunderroad
    Temple of the Beastmen (possibly incomplete? hard to tell due to how many bloody cards there are).
    Talisman (2nd Edition)
    Dreadfleet

Having two small children not sure if I'll have much free time, but I live in hope.
    There are actually a few wargame clubs in Stevenage, but seem to be mainly wargame and RP based, and afaik none are RPS people and thus inherently inferior.
    If I am exceptionally good boy, I may even get let out for a day to a London meet sometime.
    Last edited by Jorum; 07-12-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Hi guys

I'm the aforementioned new organizer of London on Board. Someone who came along last night mentioned he'd found us through RPS so I thought I'd infiltrate you in return ;)

Paul, the previous organiser, is still an active member, he just wanted to take a back seat so he can spend all his LoB time gaming. He stopped selling at LoB because with the taxi he had to take to bring all the games he was making basically nothing. He still does a discount for LoB members through his website.

We've had to crack down a bit on RSVPs and 2-player games just because we've been getting so full recently! There were 40+ there last night and it's oversubscribed again tonight. We just can't take more than 50 in that room or it gets uncomfortable for everyone.

Hope to meet some of you soon if I haven't already.

Martin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Bumpity Bump Bump Bump.

Downtime Town seems to me like a good idea and since this was what this thread is all about I think we need to get onto it stat! So we need to make a glorious network of Board Game people and then we can...DESTROY THE WORLD! Or meet up either way I'm happy

Lesser Hivemind Node

Obscure Node
    I'm a boardgamer in Southampton who normally ends up travelling to York for his fix.

Have a bunch of games, and would have no problem running some game nights.

Dominion by far my current favourite, and the best game to come out in quite some time.

Drop me a PM if you're in Southampton, we'll see what we can sort.

Will not murder. Is too messy.

Obscure Node

Anyone Aussie here?

Hey all, long time reader and I've finally signed up for the forums, that's how excited this makes me. I'm in Sydney, Australia and am building a small mountain of board games. problem is my friends have many different schedules of work/study so trying to arrange a time when everyone is free is a nightmare. But hey, I got the games and i got the time. Now i just need some more players. so how bout it? Anyone here Sydney side?

Activated Node
    I've been to the last two tuesday LoB nights (thanks to this thread) and had a lovely time although everyone I met stared blankly when I mentioned RPS, any other tuesdayers amongst us? Definitely up for other meetups!

My stepmum is from Sydney, Tongue, so I'm sure I'll visit one day...

Obscure Node
    Well i just joined a meetup group with about 100 members that seem to do semi-regular things all across the city. first ones on monday (public holiday) so hopefully it'll be good. and if you do drop by windward shoot us an email eh?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    @Windword

A lot of RPSers have been going on Sundays, not to sure if thats happenning still because Temple and the other have dissapeared off the map...

Obscure Node
    Actually, I think me and Aravar are going to loB this Sunday, if other people want to come along.

Activated Node
    I've been going on Mondays, clearly the best day.
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

I've posted on the "downtime town creation" thread, but to repeat here, I'd be interested in arranging something regular in North Herts (probably Stevenage based) if there are people around the area.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm based in Hastings although work in Brighton, interested in this kind of malarky if anyone is local? London is doable but a bit too far for a regular jaunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    I'm based in Hastings although work in Brighton, interested in this kind of malarky if anyone is local? London is doable but a bit too far for a regular jaunt!
    I've just started going to the Brighton Boardgames Club (google it), small but they seem friendly enough.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    I've just started going to the Brighton Boardgames Club (google it), small but they seem friendly enough.
    Thanks for the heads up NTW, I'll have a look through the site, look just right and nice positioning, any idea what time it ran to when you've been there so I can work out trains and ting? :-)

They meet at 7:30 for a 7:45 start and we finished playing last night at about 11, but some people finished earlier and *obviously* you don't have to stay until the end :D

It's about 10 minute walk from Brighton Station. Anything else I can help with?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh