Thread: Help Germanz!

Activated Node

Help Germanz!

It's about time for me to build a new PC, since I can't run Tribes properly :(
    My problem is that it has been ages since I've been up to date about hardware.
    Luckily there is Hard Choices!
    Sadly I can't find any of the recommended GPUs on Alternate (German Retailer), and while Atelco has the MSI card, it is much more expensive...
    So can anyone give me a recommendation, which Card I could get as an alternative (they have a MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC, dunno what this means)?

And if someone really knows his stuff, I would be more than grateful to get some recommendations for the parts which have not yet been covered in Hard Choices. Which RAM should I use (G.Skill?), which casing (Fractal Design R3?), Power Supply (I have an old Sharkoon SilentStorm 560W) and which back up storage (apart from the SSD)?

Many thanks up front!

Do you have an idea of how much money you'd be willing to spend? I find that's a good place to start at.

Activated Node
    Not quite sure yet...
    But I am afraid that the total package will set me back about 2000€ :|
    For the GPU I reckon about 200 - 250€?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m not German but I have that card and it is really good. It is overclocked and has two fans which keep it cool without being too noisy. However I got it in a bargain for 170 Euros + Batman Arkham City for free. I guess it depends how much it costs for you.

Have you tried other retailers as well? I know that Atelco and Alternate are pretty big but their selection isn't always the best, same goes with the price.
    I found geizhals.de to be a quite useful site, to look for new hardware. Sure you might be ending up, buying your hardware from several different retailers, but it could save you some money and you're more likely to get the stuff you want.

Forum janitor in training.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the replies everybody!
    I'm still not quite sure maybe I'll just put out the few extra bucks for an 570, it's not really a huge difference at this point. I'll need to save up for a while anyhow...

Any ideas on the other components?

Considering the casing, just make sure that everything will fit in (mainboard, PSU, and graphics card are the important factors here). Maybe try to avoid casings made out of plastic (or many plastic parts), those tend to be a bit more noisy than metal ones.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Maybe you should check the PCGames and GameStar premade PC configurations. Those should give you an idea what to expect in terms of pricing. Then tell us what kind of configuration you would like to have, then we can start tuning it to your needs :)