Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Desire for More Moderation Thread Gets Locked Because We Need More Moderators

As per usual, the usual bunch ruin a thread with arguments and trolling.

Come on, please give us some more moderators. D: The general forums are getting even worse with spambots.

Why did you make this thread oh god why
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Why did you make this thread oh god why
    Because we fucking need more moderation around here, that's why. That thread just proved it twice as much.

And you think that remaking a locked thread is the best way of persuading the moderators of this. I assume you want to be banned?

Wasn't the other thread locked by a moderator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Banned
    And you think that remaking a locked thread is the best way of persuading the moderators of this. I assume you want to be banned?
    As long as it doesn't devolve into the disgusting arguing we saw in the last thread, it shouldn't get closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Wasn't the other thread locked by a moderator?
    Which doesn't really resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    As long as it doesn't devolve into the disgusting arguing we saw in the last thread, it shouldn't get closed.

Why wouldn't it? It's the exact same thread. Why are you posting this anyway, you're the guy who got banned for shitting up a thread asking for people to be nicer to each other on the forums.

But what would extra moderators have done with the last thread? Closed it quicker?
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Banned
    Why wouldn't it? It's the exact same thread. Why are you posting this anyway, you're the guy who got banned for shitting up a thread asking for people to be nicer to each other on the forums.
    Did I? I don't remember that.

And because the argument was about something completely superfluous and why are you arguing about this for god's sake.

But what would extra moderators have done with the last thread? Closed it quicker?
    Sorted out the most argumentative souls before it got to this point, mainly. In the other thread, the argument was dragged over from ANOTHER thread in the general forums, which was started from a particular infamous forum member poking fun in a way that could be considered offensive at a guy who was slightly touchy also possibly not native English and fairly new.

There's so many points in this chain where the issue could've been resolved it's unbelievable.

Did I? I don't remember that.

And because the argument was about something completely superfluous and why are you arguing about this for god's sake.
    You're the one bemoaning the state of the forums. I thought I'd point it out because you're one of the most notorious shitposters on here.

Banned
    You're the one bemoaning the state of the forums. I thought I'd point it out because you're one of the most notorious shitposters on here.
    You really have no idea what a shitpost is, do you?

God, I hate it when people insult people with insults they don't even know.

A shitpost is a post with no content in. It's when someone posts an image macro or a shitty one liner they got off 4chan ("Cool story, bro." etc). No matter how much of an insulting cunt I can be, 99% of my posts are filled with content, so don't bullshit and pretend that I post meaningless junk.

You really have no idea what a shitpost is, do you?

God, I hate it when people insult people with insults they don't even know.

A shitpost is a post with no content in. It's when someone posts an image macro or a shitty one liner they got off 4chan ("Cool story, bro." etc). No matter how much of an insulting cunt I can be, 99% of my posts are filled with content, so don't bullshit and pretend that I post meaningless junk.
    You do post meaningless junk. Case in point, this thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Generally moderators exist to calm heated discussions (also known as arguments), hand out punishments to repeat offenders and maintain some semblance of peace. It's all in the name.

That... is not the case here. It's too busy and the community is too fluid for it to be left to look after itself (as some communities do), so we need visible moderators for members to go to in times of need and we need people who are respected to calm down the frequent heated discussions here.

Banned
    You do post meaningless junk. Case in point, this thread.
    Honestly, what the Christ have I done to you that's got you so riled up and so panties-entwisted that you're attacking me here?

Secondly, that's still not a fucking shitpost. It's content, it's just content that you disagree with.

This is a shitpost.
    Last edited by R-F; 02-05-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Honestly, what the Christ have I done to you that's got you so riled up and so panties-entwisted that you're attacking me here?

Secondly, that's still not a fucking shitpost. It's content, it's just content that you disagree with.

This is a shitpost.
    Oh fuck, it's starting again. 'In before lock', as the urban youths say.

Okay guys, let's all calm down.

There's no doubt that the forums could use some moderation, the current state of the 'other stuff' and 'gaming discussion' forums is a poor representation of what RPS really should be about: PC gaming with nice people who don't give scores out of ten. Oh, and horace the endless bear.

Unfortunately, there seem to be a select few people intent on, or unfortunately causing strife through the aggressive challenging of views or opinions. It just seems like everyone should take a step back, cool off, and then try and formulate a reasoned and responsible reply to that 'idiot' who doesn't seem to know what an RPG is (A rocket propelled grenade? a Retrograde pyelogram? Regular Prescription Glasses?), or to that 'arsefancier' who doesn't quite think that homeworld 2's ship designs were in keeping with the series' canon (tip: they were, but only just).

Maybe it's that certain figures on this forum have settled into a rut and quite enjoy slinging the mud into the faces of others around them, but it's really not very nice whatever the case may be.

In conclusion, have some fucking decorum and be nice to one another.

Salaam Alekum.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Let's have a lock-in :D. Keep the musicians about it'll be a great night!
    Free speech don't mean unchallengeable speech.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That... is not the case here. It's too busy and the community is too fluid for it to be left to look after itself (as some communities do), so we need visible moderators for members to go to in times of need and we need people who are respected to calm down the frequent heated discussions here.
    Do we really? I don't think there's any problem with a heated discussion, it often brings out some good points. And when people cross the line into actual (none jokey) personal insults, mods or the community step in. It can probably look a bit aggressive from the outside but no-one is actually getting hurt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    It can probably look a bit aggressive from the outside but no-one is actually getting hurt.
    Well, if they were, they wouldn't tell you...

...but really, it's kinda comedic how much we appear to be willing these threads to fail.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Counterpoint: constant aggressive arguments about the same things my not hurt people but they hurt the forum.