Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Torchlight 2

Haven't seen an official Torghlight 2 thread so here it is. I'm looking forward to this game a lot and pretty confident it'll be the best hack n slash on the market. Here's some of the features from the site.

• Multiplayer

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.

• Customizable Characters

Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
    • Moddability

TorchED, the Torchlight II editor, will give players the ability to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
    • New User Interface

Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
    • Open World

We're not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
    • New Game Plus

In New Game Plus, the game's not over until you say it is. Once you've beaten Torchlight II's primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You'll keep all of the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!
    • Pets & Fishing

These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you donít have to.

It'll be crazy to see what mods come out of this game. I'll definitely be playing Beserker but all of the classes sound awesome.

Banned
    inb4 something along these lines gets posted:
    I didn't like Torchlight, it sucked! Therefore, this sucks!
    Torchlight was boring with no character customisation!
    I fucking hate pets!
    Diablo 3 is better!
    Who wants to be able to play offline anyway?!

Now we've got that out of the way, I am personally eagerly awaiting this.

Network Hub
    Also looking forward to this,

Gratutious mention of the thread for arranging 4 pack sales for cheaper games. Link.

Hell yeah, there is a huge amount of features that Torchlight II has over D3 but I was going to try to steer clear of arguments. Probably impossible since they are so closely related though.

Torchlight 2 has: An open world, MODS, skill trees/attribute distribution(instead of "Everybody gets the same shit" like d3), Offline/LAN play, 6-8 player instead of just 4, no pay 2 win. There's probably more stuff... $20 price tag comes to mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Not sure about the interface, especially about the health and mana globes being five kilometers apart at the edges of the screen. Interface was a problem with the first game for me, mods were vital there lol

I'm sure it's going to be a better game than the first. I could only finish that one when I bought my 3D monitor, it looked bloody amazing, like action figures came to life.
    But I'll buy it later, Diablo and Path of Exile are enough for this summer.

How can it not be better than the first one? It has multiplayer.

Also the mana/hp is closer in some screens. I'm sure it's pretty customizable, even without mods.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleekill View Post
    Hell yeah, there is a huge amount of features that Torchlight II has over D3 but I was going to try to steer clear of arguments. Probably impossible since they are so closely related though.

Torchlight 2 has: An open world, MODS, skill trees/attribute distribution(instead of "Everybody gets the same shit" like d3), Offline/LAN play, 6-8 player instead of just 4, no pay 2 win. There's probably more stuff... $20 price tag comes to mind.
    As someone pointed out, 4 people play Torchlight for 1 person playing Diablo 3.

Come the fuck on.

Network Hub
    Looking forward to this too, there was a thread that I can no longer find that has people joining up to buy a 4 pack to get the game cheaper.

I've still not played the first one, but as I have nothing on this weekend I'll probably preorder it on steam to get the first game free and play through it.

Multiplayer is probably at the very bottom of my interest list for the game. I prefer my click/kill/loot/level-a-thon solo.

Other than that, massively looking forward to this. Really enjoyed the first one, can't see how this could be a disappointment in any way.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Overworld has piqued my interest, definitely. Interested to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Davkaus View Post
    Looking forward to this too, there was a thread that I can no longer find that has people joining up to buy a 4 pack to get the game cheaper.

I've still not played the first one, but as I have nothing on this weekend I'll probably preorder it on steam to get the first game free and play through it.

This is the thread you are looking for: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-shared-4-pack

We are in the mid of sorting out the remaining groups, so don't mind posting or PMing me or Squareking to organize things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleekill View Post
    How can it not be better than the first one? It has multiplayer.
    I really don't give a shit. I like to siege dungeons alone.
    As for how many features a games has - why should I care? Bulletpoints alone don't make a game good. I'll have to play it first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will pick it up on a steam sale, if not playing that other game anymore. Never took the time to get into mods since Dungeon Siege. Choosing my attributes is nice... but in Titan Quest I always felt like I was gimping myself. I got through playing the game with 2 people, but could I have been more powerful than I was if I used my points differently? If I went to read some guide, that really defeats the purpose of having that customization since why wouldn't you do the 1-2 optimized distribution.
    Both systems can work. There really is not any perfect customization system. As long as it is clear and you can not gimp yourself to hard it can work fine. I can enjoy both. Some people can't which for some reason means you need to bring out the pitchforks and bash a game you will never play because it isn't for them.

Yeah...knowing anything about a game before playing it is completely pointless...

Anyways. Other than multiplayer, their funds have increased since Torchlight 1, so I expect a much better game overall. The team is bigger. OH yeah just remembered, the guy who composed D1 and 2's soundtrack is doing TL2's soundtrack which is cool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well the game is supposedly 3-4 larger, has New Game+ and a pretty decent MP offering, which I imagine will generate its own thread. That and mods...it's a big game and one I'm happy to already have sitting in my Steam library.