Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Network Hub
    2)You find that out through trying it. That or reading the description of the skill, which would usually be detailed enough to let you know if it would be something really specific. Even if it's not so useful, it's a lesson learned for the next runthrough or respec, and still another thing you can do in combat. Besides, unless you're playing on a really hard difficulty, there probably won't be much reason to have to worry about a point misspent.
    And people are complaining about having to play D3 more than once HAHAHAHAHAHA

Network Hub
    Huh? What do you mean by that? Is there something you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I do think they use their own servers to hold games.
    Is it? Well that's excellent and actually makes sense now I think about it. Derp

Network Hub
    Huh? What do you mean by that? Is there something you disagree with?
    LMAO I will leave you to work that one out it's not hard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    This game should be great with voice communications.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by shaydeeadi View Post
    Is it? Well that's excellent and actually makes sense now I think about it. Derp
    Actually I think their servers are purely for matchmaking, it is hosted locally from what I can tell. I had to forward some ports to get it working earlier.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    Actually I think their servers are purely for matchmaking, it is hosted locally from what I can tell. I had to forward some ports to get it working earlier.
    Player/pier hosted gaming is actually worse than dedicated server hosting because it's not just your Internet which you need to stay-up to keep playing, it's some other random persons's...

One of the things which puts me off a game I don't have a huge group of friends playing is player-hosting because I know I'll end-up playing with randoms who all appear to be using 56K modems (and always blame 'their brother' for the problems for some reason).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Player/pier hosted gaming is actually worse than dedicated server hosting because it's not just your Internet which you need to stay-up to keep playing, it's some other random persons's...

One of the things which puts me off a game I don't have a huge group of friends playing is player-hosting because I know I'll end-up playing with randoms who all appear to be using 56K modems (and always blame 'their brother' for the problems for some reason).
    I know it's worse but makes more sense for games that do not require a server to handle 50+ players or something. Torchlight 2 goes to 6 players max, so it is not really an issue, it was pretty seemless whilst I was playing, whether I was hosting or another.

Edit: I would also add Torchlight 2 is able to do alot of stuff client side, for example loot is unique to each player which helps keep down data requirements.
    Last edited by byteCrunch; 19-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I know it's worse but makes more sense for games that do not require a server to handle 50+ players or something. Torchlight 2 goes to 6 players max, so it is not really an issue, it was pretty seemless whilst I was playing, whether I was hosting or another.
    The test will be how well it deals with issues - too many games will throw their dummy if the host does something like change graphic options or even alt-tab out of the game!!

Being able to gracefully swap the game onto other players is a neat trick but more work than most developers seem willing to undertake...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The test will be how well it deals with issues - too many games will throw their dummy if the host does something like change graphic options or even alt-tab out of the game!!

Being able to gracefully swap the game onto other players is a neat trick but more work than most developers seem willing to undertake...
    Actually I found when the host dropped out the game had no issue switching, I didn't even notice in the couple of times it happened to me. Though it did crash once when the host dropped (though it could have been another issue since I was loading at the time), but this is a beta.

And from what I could tell adjusting graphics options (though most require a restart) and alt-tabbing didn't cause any issue. Torchlight 2 is really stable after all it is being built off the Torchlight 1 codebase which helps alot.

I found out, that playing in internet and then losing it, does not cause you to stop playing. Had shitty internet at parents today, something kept going wrong in the evening but was too lazy to correct.
    Going to beat beta second time and now with outlander. In plans to try engineer on elite difficulty as well as embermage later or if I have enough time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest of the classes, but engineer + handcannon on Normal mode is a cake walk. Cannonfire + machine gun turret + lvl 1 healing turret, boss in less than 45 seconds, 2 lesser mana potions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the classes, but engineer + handcannon on Normal mode is a cake walk. Cannonfire + machine gun turret + lvl 1 healing turret, boss in less than 45 seconds, 2 lesser mana potions.
    Yeah, either the engie is overpowered or the other classes are a bit nerfed. Try the outlander and let me know how you get on - I'd love to know a good early stat spread for them - also, is it just me or do shotguns never fumble? I can't tell, because, you know, beta...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Normal mode is piss easy in general. :p

However, yeah, it's still really strong on Elite.

Network Hub
    I found out, that playing in internet and then losing it, does not cause you to stop playing. Had shitty internet at parents today, something kept going wrong in the evening but was too lazy to correct.
    Going to beat beta second time and now with outlander. In plans to try engineer on elite difficulty as well as embermage later or if I have enough time.
    It was very odd I could join your game and managed to get some decent time in but one area (frosted hills) would take ages to load and whenever it did I was disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    It was very odd I could join your game and managed to get some decent time in but one area (frosted hills) would take ages to load and whenever it did I was disconnected.
    Sorry, router was shitting on me half of the evening, thus those disconnects.

Network Hub
    Sorry, router was shitting on me half of the evening, thus those disconnects.
    I wondered if it was a issue with the game seeing as it always happened when trying to enter the same area, thanks anyway.

Continuing on Elite difficulty. If anyone want's to join, all are welcome. Bankrotas RPS no password

Activated Node
    Finally got the key! =]
    I don't know about you guys, but I had a vivid flashback to Diablo 2...
    From the ambient music (that guitar part), to the sound effects of picking up items/moving rocks etc...

But so far I like it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I'm engineer but I have no idea what build I want.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog