Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Also wow, the Forsaken Vaults are a big step up in terms of difficulty. I died more times on the first floor of that dungeon than I did in the rest of the game combined and eburned through my entire stack of potions to boot. This game is definitely more demanding than the original ever was.
    Oh, yes, my first death in the game. I've died around 10 times now, but I only though of one single dungeon as "unfair". You'll know which one. Act II main quest.

And yeah, it gets worse. Better start spending those points in defensive skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Started off as an Embermage because...well, I'm not entirely sure why, but I did. Didn't like the starter skill, so swapped it out as soon as I could and now have mixed points in the prismatic bolt thing (the one that fires multiple missiles and homes in on targets whilst inflicting various elemental effects and damage) and the charge passive. The Embermage charge is fantastic - every time you use a wand or staff (maybe other items, didn't pay enough attention when I did) you gain a charge and moreso a spell. When it's full, having increased damage and free cost spells is sweet.

Current set-up is dual-wielding wands (because I can) and a back-up mace and shield. I was running on a wand and shield earlier and it seems to be pretty effective, so I may go to that later on. Here's a pic of my my dude, Jowen. The hat looks sweet if you ask me.

Also, the random name generator for my pet came up with "Indy". Now, I was thinking of not taking it unless I had a dog, but I thought my Hawk could still be called that. Cool that they slipped in that reference too!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've an Embermage alt going on, also sporting dual wands, and let me tell you, Dual Wands + Wand Chaos talent = shenanigans. I don't have to spend a single mana point to see rains of fire and acid, meteors, black explosive birds, foes teleporting and a few other effects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Act 3 2h Berserker with emphasis on Savage rush to do damage. Armor reduction is so good...

2012-09-22_00001.jpg
    Edit: also gambling is good stuff to get random good items for your all characters. Gold sink at it's best.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 22-09-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    I'm playing claw weapon berserker and these two claws I have are insane. I have 100% execute chance.

Obscure Node
    The mark of good game design here is how you can get all these "insane" and "OP" items and combos and still die a lot on veteran. The difficulty is well-scaled to the DPS minimaxing of the playerbase.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    I figured I was going to buy this anyway, but I was so entrenched in GW2 (with the Batman games and Saints Row the Third started but on hiatus) that I could wait for a sale. Tried the demo. Hot damn. I was worried about the "feel" after loving how D3 played, though I ended up hating just about everything else about it, but it's spot on. I'm happy to buy it full price to show my support for a game done right, though I really doubt I'll get round to playing for a while yet.

As much as I like the game, I have sadly found a huge turn-off that kinda drags me in the other direction.

8 out of 10 times when I try to open TL2, I just get an error saying it has stopped working. Hours and hours of googling got me a fix, that sadly only worked once. Reinstalling, restarting computer, restarting Steam etc. Done eveything I could think of, and the sodding game simply wont work anymore - and I'm not alone about having this error. That has put me off a little. And here I was falling in love!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xaphoo View Post
    The mark of good game design here is how you can get all these "insane" and "OP" items and combos and still die a lot on veteran. The difficulty is well-scaled to the DPS minimaxing of the playerbase.
    Yeah it's pretty good. Dying isn't cheap like D3 inferno where some random little trash mob throws a spear from off screen and one shots you either, it feels right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    My Outlander of level 20-something. I only have have about 3 skills I use, the primary spray a hell of a a lot bullets around skill, the shadow split skill and the passive skill that converts dead dudes in to my shadowy minion bats.

Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by XisLoose View Post
    If you're interested I can buy it as well in USD and I got the IGN discount, so it'll be $50.99, or 12.75$ each.
    PM me if you're interested :)
    Definitely interested. (Sent a PM, let me know what you need)

Hello RPS forum
    I registered to ask you this since it's really bothering me. Yesterday evening I explored most of the desert map in Torchlight 2. When I started the game today I discoverd that all the fog of war is back and enemies have respawned. This seriously pissed me off, cause I really don't feel like exploring the whole area again or having to fight through to the next bloody quest marker.
    So what gives? Is it some sort of bug or the game just randomises everything again once you quit? Help me out, this frustrated me so much I nearly deleted the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    You started in a different server or chose to reroll world?

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    You started in a different server or chose to reroll world?
    I just chose continue game in single player.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Guardian View Post
    Hello RPS forum
    I registered to ask you this since it's really bothering me. Yesterday evening I explored most of the desert map in Torchlight 2. When I started the game today I discoverd that all the fog of war is back and enemies have respawned. This seriously pissed me off, cause I really don't feel like exploring the whole area again or having to fight through to the next bloody quest marker.
    So what gives? Is it some sort of bug or the game just randomises everything again once you quit? Help me out, this frustrated me so much I nearly deleted the game.
    I just logged into my SP game and the same thing happened to me. My save in MTG 2013 was also erased this morning, I think there is an issue with Steam cloud synchronization. ****ing Steam, get your shit together and backup your cloud data.

I just chose continue game in single player.
    Maybe it's got something to do with Steam cloud (Synch. issues).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post
    I just logged into my SP game and the same thing happened to me. My save in MTG 2013 was also erased this morning, I think there is an issue with Steam cloud synchronization. ****ing Steam, get your shit together and backup your cloud data.
    I do get the Unable to sync with cloud window when I start the game and it asks me to store it locally or on cloud. Really strange.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I do get the Unable to sync with cloud window when I start the game and it asks me to store it locally or on cloud. Really strange.
    Before I run the game I noticed that Steam was updating the game and I thought that's what caused the problem. Thankfully the character level was preserved. When I restarted again the state of the world was same as last time (but not fully explored as it was before).

Also when I try to start the game I get a message 'Unable to start error code 83'. Then I get the annoying Steam deals popup and the game starts normally the second time. I'm really thinking it's the last time I bought anything on Valve's crap platform...

Hello RPS forum
    Word on the Steam forums is that this is intended. If the world never reset, you couldn't grind, which people are want to do. I agree that the option to prevent it for SP games would be ideal, but after I had it happen to me it didn't end up being a big deal. The actual maps are the same, just the enemies reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Word on the Steam forums is that this is intended. If the world never reset, you couldn't grind, which people are want to do. I agree that the option to prevent it for SP games would be ideal, but after I had it happen to me it didn't end up being a big deal. The actual maps are the same, just the enemies reset.
    I see... but why does your minimap dissapear then? Also, any word on how often that is intended to happen? IMO this seriously damages the game balance - I just discovered that you can 'free' the captives in the desert again and receive their quest rewards.