Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Yeah, I know I can cheat, but I really don't want to.
    But is it cheating? It's your game/toy and you play with it the way you want to. Because it's yours. If I got myself a toy train and someone told me it was not allowed to pretend it's a spaceship powered by scotch eggs (which I only recently learned existed and then made, delicious) I would be miffed.

Now, of course, I understand what you're saying and it's a valid statement. I just think that in a single player game everything should be allowed, basically every game should come with a console/cheats/whatever you may call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    That being said, the lack of respec in TL2 is annoying.
    Aaaand! Mod to the rescue. Just a note that this will replace your shared stash.

Also, its not mine, just saw it in the forum

Shared Stash: Respec Potion
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 25-09-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I played through the demo over the weekend. I'll definitely be picking this up at some point, as if there was ever any doubt. It did make me go back to Diablo 3, though (I'm having another go at a hardcore Wizard run, since my first ended in stupid). It made me rather glad both games exist.

I'm not in it for the loot. That's just a nice bonus (just as well, because D3's loot is pretty dull). I'm in it for figuring out new ways to make monsters explode. I like skills. A level that brings me a shiny new toy to play with is the best of levels. I love what D3 did with skills, allowing me to tweak and iterate to my heart's content, looking for a shiny new build. Every level is an excuse to rethink things to incorporate the newest runes.

Still, looking through Torchlight 2's vastly more restricting skill trees gave me a different kind of anticipatory pleasure. Knowing that I would have to pick a bare handful from the ones on offer, and hope that the idea I had about a build would bear fruit (exploding fruit). That my choices may very well not work out gives one's choices that little extra thrill.

Which is kind of a long winded way of saying that I can see why Runic don't give the respec option straight out, and I hope that, like the first one, they make it expensive when they do.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I hit a bit of a brickwall with my Outlander, so I restarted as a Berserker. And now I'd like to take back everything negative I ever said about this class, it's fantastic. I've never had so much fun with a melee focused character in an ARPG. I'm charging around like a madman and tanking entire forces with my armour leeching skill. It's scarily effective as well, I haven't used a potion since the very beginning and I only died once because I didn't pay attention. Can't wait to see how Act 3 unfolds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Engineer's forcefield is still broken at early levels. Not in the same way as it once was (it used to stack with itself and refresh its time limit every cast) but I just took down the first semi-significant boss of the game (general grell) without my healbot or a potion, simply by forcefield tanking. In melee.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Engineer's forcefield is still broken at early levels. Not in the same way as it once was (it used to stack with itself and refresh its time limit every cast) but I just took down the first semi-significant boss of the game (general grell) without my healbot or a potion, simply by forcefield tanking. In melee.
    Early game is a cakewalk no matter how you do it. Mid act 2 onward is when stuff starts getting hairy. I also said I had never used a potion, but suddenly every bossfight because a kiting potion popping contest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Early game is a cakewalk no matter how you do it. Mid act 2 onward is when stuff starts getting hairy. I also said I had never used a potion, but suddenly every bossfight because a kiting potion popping contest.
    I hope so. I'm finding engineer is a versatile class but her restriction - of having to ration charges to get the optimal effects is a real challenge for me. I'm constantly just spending my charges on forcefields 'just in case'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I'm at level 50 with my embermage and I got a unique two-handed sword...for an embermage. It got me thinking, with the right skills (and I already have in mind a few you would use) I totally want to try out a battle mage spec. I need to either find some people to co-op with and try it, or do it when I play the 2-player co-op with my friend. Either way, I need to try it out now. Has anyone else attempted one?

I've got to the point as well that there are times when I die that are near unstoppable. Through some sheer dumb luck I'd be able to survive if the timing of my self-heal and potion (and my pet's ally heal) just happen to align, but the rest of the time I feel like the incoming damage is so ridiculous there's nothing I can do. Another thing and this genuinely irritates me; if you die and load back into the level and the way you access the area is through an in-level teleporter, you have to be some sort of keyboard-magician to navigate your way out of the immediate cluster of mobs and attacks flying your way before you instantly die again. I hope this is looked into at some point. I'd rather have a boss that's down to 50% be reset to 100%, along with the entire fight, if it meant that when I died I didn't instantly die again seconds later.

Otherwise, game is going well. The astral ally is really quite potent and useful when taking on elites or bosses.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I hope so. I'm finding engineer is a versatile class but her restriction - of having to ration charges to get the optimal effects is a real challenge for me. I'm constantly just spending my charges on forcefields 'just in case'.
    I didn't use charges until way into lvl 30s. Kiting is enough until then. Charges would be OK if you're building for them with other skills in the Aegis tree, but it's not my case. Pop Forcefield on cooldown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Completed the game then, my mage at level 51. Altogether, pretty damn good. Very satisfying all around, just...

...I really need to try out a battle mage spec now. Urg. If anyone wants to try any co-op from level 1, let me know and we can try and arrange something.