Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it was just some update caused it to happen once, since I've been playing a few sessions since the update, nothing has ever respawned.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I think it was just some update caused it to happen once, since I've been playing a few sessions since the update, nothing has ever respawned.
    Same here.

Old maps - Reset.
    New maps - as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I really hope that is the case, man. I don't have much patience with Diablo-likes in the first place, and having to smash all those urns once again and sort through all the junk would drive me nuts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Guardian View Post
    I really hope that is the case, man. I don't have much patience with Diablo-likes in the first place, and having to smash all those urns once again and sort through all the junk would drive me nuts.
    "Having to?" Even if the level respawns it's not like you're forced at gunpoint to loot every nook and cranny.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    "Having to?" Even if the level respawns it's not like you're forced at gunpoint to loot every nook and cranny.
    Right, but rule no. 1 in playing any rpg game indeed is 'explore every nook an cranny'. Leaving stuff behind leaves that nagging feeling in the back of your head.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Word on the Steam forums is that this is intended. If the world never reset, you couldn't grind, which people are want to do. I agree that the option to prevent it for SP games would be ideal, but after I had it happen to me it didn't end up being a big deal. The actual maps are the same, just the enemies reset.
    People grind in Torchlight? You already level super fast as it is.

My Torchlight 2 username is Ravelle by the way, if anyone body is interested in some co-op play. I'm around level 20.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 23-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    You can reset the maps anytime you want. Just create a LAN game (or online) and check the re-roll world box. You can then go back to your single player game with the new world (or just keep playing in the LAN/Online game).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    People grind in Torchlight? You already level super fast as it is. [...] I'm around level 20.
    Yeah, wait for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Does Bloatfang to someone remind of Duriel from Diablo 2 Act 2?

Also love my Savage rush :)

2012-09-23_00001.jpg
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Right, but rule no. 1 in playing any rpg game indeed is 'explore every nook an cranny'. Leaving stuff behind leaves that nagging feeling in the back of your head.
    Even the second time you go through a zone? That doesn't compute for me. I'm thorough, but not to the point of making the game a chore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Even the second time you go through a zone? That doesn't compute for me. I'm thorough, but not to the point of making the game a chore.
    Anyone who thinks that needs to play A Valley Without Wind. I used to be one of those obsessive-compulsive "loot everything" people. Ever since playing a few hours of that, I find I enjoy loot-heavy games a LOT more these days since I learned to NOT check every inch of every map unless I have a reason.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Thing is there were some dungeon entrances on that map that I decided to leave for later and now they are not marked and I have to go looking for them again!

Thing is there were some dungeon entrances on that map that I decided to leave for later and now they are not marked and I have to go looking for them again!
    OK that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Anyone who thinks that needs to play A Valley Without Wind. I used to be one of those obsessive-compulsive "loot everything" people. Ever since playing a few hours of that, I find I enjoy loot-heavy games a LOT more these days since I learned to NOT check every inch of every map unless I have a reason.
    Yeah, AVWW definitely breaks you of any completionist leanings you may have. It's a damned interesting design, really, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it.

Anybody else seen this in-game? Im kinda curious if it has a dialogue,

Spoiler alert:

Borderlands easter egg in TL 2
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    What the, where? Well, wonder if it's random Scrapworks secret area of not.

Edit: also, screw Vyrax Tower. That's 5 floors of stupidity and no potion drop.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 24-09-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    For me ff8 broke my ability to enjoy rpgs for a long time.
    Misses the first guardian force due to not paying attention/stealing and found out during cd3...

Before that I was happy to miss entire sidestories, loot, easter eggs, chests in all rpgs and normal games.
    Never cared about those and still don't, but the thought of possibly missing something major like shiva had never crossed my mind before...

After a few more rpgs the interest in loot and sidequests and sidestories wanes since you figure out it's generall all tripe (I was skipping sidequests in blands 2 till I found out the story was worth checking them out for).
    FF8 turned me into a 'nook n cranny' ocd player for a few years though because I went into some 'beware stupid design' mode. If I lived in the US I probably could have sued them for emotional damages.
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-09-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm level 28 and in the midst of Act 2, having just defeated the [spoiler]Manticore Duo[/spoiler] boss. I've got a rather nice set-up going so far with my dual-wanded embermage. Firstly, my pet can summon skeletal archers, cast ice bolts, can do a repel and cast a local silence. It works well and means lots of clever things, such as silencing, I don't need to worry about. The repel is useful too, so long as it's not too far away. As for myself, I managed to pick up a couple of tomes that increase my armour whilst reducing requirements to wear some and another that boosts dual-wielding damage. I also have a spell that increases elemental resistance, but I barely use it.

My gears' improved quite some margin too, to the extent that I now have enough mana to spam prismatic bolts and get my Charge to full before I run out of mana, spam some more and almost by the time the Charge has worn off, have my mana back up to full. Also, found good use out of the prismatic...repel? It's the spell left of wand chaos and it gives a chance that whenever a mob hits you, it gets teleported away and may endure an elemental effect. It's currently at 50% chance, so it works rather often. A fun tactic I discovered though was to use the ice teleport (top right of ice) ability whilst Charged and spam it and fly around. Because of the movement, I'm hard to hit but am also able to deal out minor AoE.

Died a few times today, mostly due to stupid mistakes; not paying attention to mobs and one time I frantically hit Q to heal me, before guttingly realising that potion is not Q. It's not Q at all. Also, to round off this report, screw the phase beast portal to the one with the slimes. It took forever. I died twice and ended up going up a level and a half whilst I was in there.