Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Twice my fully pre-loaded game went back to less than 100% and started downloading again. I have it on pause since they are still pushing changes. Press got a review build which was not final either. So expect that until the 11th hour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Finland should be at most 1-2 hours later than Spain, and Spain gets releases/dailies/sales at 7PM.
    Finland is in the same time zone! Euro! Derp!

From other preloads game will be available around 7-8pm on Thursday, yet be unplayable online until way into Saturday due to mass connections.

Obscure Node
    Spain is in CET as we call it, or Central European Time (though currently on a summer offset). Helsinki is on EET or Eastern European Time (though also on a summer offset). These are current UTC+0200 and UTC+0300 respectively, though without offset they are UTC+0100 and UTC+0200.

So, they are in different time zones.

Obscure Node
    If you guys are interested here are some gameplay vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHs6aGk_x6c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xmPizW5Q8I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woby7yW-3js

There will be more in the evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodman View Post
    Spain is in CET as we call it, or Central European Time (though currently on a summer offset). Helsinki is on EET or Eastern European Time (though also on a summer offset). These are current UTC+0200 and UTC+0300 respectively, though without offset they are UTC+0100 and UTC+0200.

So, they are in different time zones.
    I was there last year and I don't remember fiddling with my clock. Hmmmm. Derp me once...

The soundtrack is out... and Free... and Amazing.

Camp dawn has a huge Tristram vibe, and is excellent.
    Last edited by Drayk; 19-09-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Network Hub
    Link for the Google impaired. 120Mb download.

Obscure Node
    You can read the Torchlight 2 review here - http://www.pixeljudge.com/en/reviews/torchlight-2/

Pre-ordered, gotta try its new co-op...
    City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!

Activated Node
    This game will be out very very soon.

Hey, is there any way to set up RPS co-op games? I have the game on Steam, account name is zanchito, feel free to add me and bug me, I'm often not working on the computer, but if I am, I'll be happy to play co-op.

There will be some coordinating going on, almost definitely. It will be in the Game Clubs and General Sociability Forums, I think we agreed on "Ember, Parchment, Blunderbuss" as a name, and it will be starting in "approximately 11 hours" ;)

Thank you, Elephantgod! Do we have a general idea of what characters are people going to choose? I played a bit with a berserker in the beta, but not wnough to get a real feel for the class. Kill speed was OK, bit squishy, though, I got to maybe level 10.

Obscure Node
    OMG OMG, I have to wait 9 more hours. When I wake up, it might be a few minutes before it is released. This is terrible! :-D

I enjoyed playing engineer. I didn't like the .. shooty shooty. Outlander? very much during beta.

I may try the spellcasting jazz for the real game, as I usually prefer that kind of thing.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Hey, is there any way to set up RPS co-op games? I have the game on Steam, account name is zanchito, feel free to add me and bug me, I'm often not working on the computer, but if I am, I'll be happy to play co-op.
    It uses Runic's own account for MP but you can create a "server" that anyone can join (or just your desired people)

Yep, but I had an uneven experience with open multiplayer. People would often join and do their own thing. That's not co-op, tha'ts just 4 people on the same server. I'd rather play with people who actually do stuff together. :)

Obscure Node
    Yep, but I had an uneven experience with open multiplayer. People would often join and do their own thing. That's not co-op, tha'ts just 4 people on the same server. I'd rather play with people who actually do stuff together. :)
    You'll have to play with friends then.

That's why I'm asking here!

My RL friends only play F2P stuff. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodman View Post
    OMG OMG, I have to wait 9 more hours. When I wake up, it might be a few minutes before it is released. This is terrible! :-D

I enjoyed playing engineer. I didn't like the .. shooty shooty. Outlander? very much during beta.

I may try the spellcasting jazz for the real game, as I usually prefer that kind of thing.
    If you want to get more out of the outlander, put points into backflip and your glaive. The backflip drops a smokebomb that blinds everything including bosses (but not 100% of the time) and the glaive attacks (especially the first one) do insane damage to multiple targets. You can still use your guns just fine if you feel that sort of sells out the point of making a firearms centric character, because rapid fire (another skill it's very advisable to level) penetrates all targets along its path and debuffs their armour at the same time. Soften them up with rapid fire, knock down with the glaive. Very potent.

At least it was in the beta, and they could have changed every aspects of those abilities - but considering how weak general perception of the outlander was during beta (as you're obviously aware) I'd expect them to be even more powerful, not less.

Obscure Node
    That's why I'm asking here!

My RL friends only play F2P stuff. :/
    That sucks. You need new friends :)

You can PM me wit your Steam link and I can add you. Don't want to spam my acc here :P