Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    It would be worth QPR winning just to see the distraught looks on the faces of their fans!

Can't see it happening though.

Think I'm a bit stuck between wanting QPR to go down (and Bolton to stay up) and not wanting Man City to win the league.

It's also worth noting that, even though it's not getting much/any coverage over here, Juventus are on the cusp of completing their own undefeated league season. Hell of an achievement.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

When it comes to sport, there are only 2 that I really follow; Rugby Union and Cricket.
    With Rugby, I support Gloucester. Though the less said about their season this year, the better. It wasn't so good.
    And Cricket: Yay! England's summer series' start this week. West Indies up first. Despite pretty bad winter test series against Pakistan and Sri Lanka, I think that in the English conditions, it should be a convincing series win for the English.
    I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

Read my other stuff: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/
    I also contribute to http://www.coffeebreakgaming.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's also worth noting that, even though it's not getting much/any coverage over here, Juventus are on the cusp of completing their own undefeated league season. Hell of an achievement.
    Ugh. I can't believe what's happening to Inter right now in Serie A
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Stense View Post
    Despite pretty bad winter test series against Pakistan and Sri Lanka, I think that in the English conditions, it should be a convincing series win for the English.
    I think you are right, but it is going to be interesting to see which batsmen are picked, and how they perform.

Ooh, this is exciting isn't it? Man U winning and QPR saving themselves from relegation at the moment. From the sounds of it QPR are playing the 11 men behind the ball card, surely they can't hold on all game?

Oh and Jelavic (or "Jellyfish" as I like to call him after the mad shouty exhortations of a drunken Rangers fan last year) is making a good case for being one of the best signings of the season along with the likes of Papiss Cisse. Superb scoring record since he arrived at Everton.

---

A mere few minutes later and City are winning it and Bolton are winning consigning QPR to relegation. QPR are going to have to go for it and in that scenario I can't see anything else happening other than Man City scoring again as the game opens up. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time!

---

Post match edit

Turns out i was horribly wrong. That drama was unforseeable! Incrediable stuff. Looking forward to MOTD tonight (I was only following on live text). This type of nonsense is why sport is awesome. To bring out the big old football book of cliches I imagine that there are very few nails in Manchester left unbitten!
    Last edited by Lambchops; 13-05-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Post match edit

Insane ending to the season. Absolutely incredible. I was watching the city game and thought they were dead and buried with 5 minutes to go. Unbelievable.

Also delighted my beloved Arsenal managed to clinch 3rd.

What a crazy season!

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Also delighted my beloved Arsenal managed to clinch 3rd.
    Only important thing today!

Yeah that was big for Arsenal. If they'd got 4th they'd be desperate for Chelsea not to win the Champion's League else it would in all likelihood been goodbye to Van Persie. As it is I guess you guys will be supporting Chelsea to spite Spurs now! Still, definitely need to shore up that defence for next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Thanks to copyright I'm not allowed to watch that magnificent goal you speak of.

My sport interest goes to Mixed Martial Arts and watch Leagues like UFC, Strikeforce and sometimes Ballator.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    As it is I guess you guys will be supporting Chelsea to spite Spurs now! Still, definitely need to shore up that defence for next season.
    I know I'm gonna
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I'm obviously disappointed, and having resigned myself to a City victory all week I could happily have gone without those ten minutes of hope I had to endure, but it'd take somebody deeply bitter to say that was anything other than a thoroughly entertaining finish to the season. Losing on goal difference, though. :(

Disappointed Newcastle didn't get into the Champions League.

Just need to decide whether I want Chelsea to get in so I can lol at Redknapp.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    Oh I'll be cheering on the boys from Munich. 'Arry might be a moron but at least his team doesn't have John Terry in it.

Massive shame about Newcastle not getting in though. Will be interesting to see how they look on the other side of summer. Think they pretty much admitted a lot of their best would go, buying cheap and selling for profit was always part of the plan. Just wonder if getting into the Champions League would've meant keeping a few (we need Papiss to stay in the prem).

Yeah, I do fear for Newcastle. Inevitable loss of some players, plus the added workload of a Europa League campaign. Its going to be tough to match this seasons heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Oh I'll be cheering on the boys from Munich. 'Arry might be a moron but at least his team doesn't have John Terry in it.
    This is part of it though, Terry is a horrible person and it'd be amusing if they won when he wasn't playing.

Decisions, decisions. :(

I've a feeling England might actually do quite well in the Euros for once, if only because this is the first year in which the English media hasn't built up the team beyond reasonable expectations. Indeed this time they perhaps seem to be underestimating how well they might do (although it is a rather tough group).

Actually considering expecations are low anyway if I was a amanger I'd probably use this one opportunity to make selection decisions that the media/fans would cruicify me for. "Grant Holt for the Euros!" I would say. "Leave that eejit Terry at home and take Jagielka instead" I'd declare. "Joey Barton for captain," I'd gibber as some burly men man handle me into a padded room.

Network Hub
    Some of those selections are just mind-boggling though. Feels like Roy just defaulted to England teams of old. All the same old shit.

The selection of Downing is just... a winger with no goals and no assists all season. Get on the plane! I'm not even sure how to figure that one out.

No Micah Richards despite a great season at City. The one argument against him is defensive positioning and that's blown out the water when you see it's Glen Johnson in there instead, who is a proven liability at the back. They both provide something going forward, but Johnson has had his turn and blown it consistently. Micah was a big part of a title winning season for the love of... oh I don't even know.

John Terry, too. Strong leader, experienced and still a quality defender, but is now at the stage where he is prone to mistakes and can barely run. Not to mention the fact he is scum.

I was happy with Roy, and certainly I had no big expectations. But Christ he had to at least give the faint impression he was basing this selection on current form.

DOWNING!

Capello never liked Micah Richards either. And as much as he got it wrong with England there's no pretending that Capello is completely stupid so you start to wonder what it is people are seeing that they don't like. I mean, I like Phil Jones but with no Richards and Walker injured this presumably leaves Jones as back-up RB, which is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think Carrick might actually have been worth a bash for once but in fairness I'm not sure who I'd have him in place of.

It's a shame Hodgson needs to use this time to just drill a first-XI in how he wants them to play because if he'd been able to justify picking a big squad and then cutting it down after some friendlies I'd have liked to see Holt given a game.

There's no excuse for Downing, though. I pray that he's behind both Young and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the pecking order. And that we're not planning on borrowing Kenny's failed strategy of playing him as an inside-out winger on the right hand side.

Network Hub
    The whole thing about managers having doubts about Micah have fallen to pieces now that Mancini has used him as a regular right-back all season. He's been a strong part of a title winning side, who is indeed not the best defensively, but then the replacements are Jones and Johnson. Both just as bad at the back, if not worse when it comes to Johnson. Jones is just a running machine. Fergie bought him as a centre-back and now plays him anywhere but there.

The loss of Smalling is a blow, as is Walker, who I think would've been nailed on for our right-backs.

As you say, no Carrick is odd. I've never been too convinced by him, but he's had a good season for Man Utd by all accounts. I would take him over Mr Hollywood Pass Stevie G for the sole reason Carrick is the only guy with any chance of holding possession for us. Which ever way you look at it, our midfield is a joke.

Holt should have a chance. Lennon in for Downing. For all my annoyance though I have to admit that outside this squad it all gets a bit tragic, doesn't it. Sturridge?

France, Ukraine, Sweden. I'll celebrate getting out of the group stages. Maybe the Ox will have a storming tournament.