Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Interesting that you all seem to be picking Lahm as RB, has he actually played there in the tournament?

He's a great player undoubtedly but I dont think he's really shone at this tournament.

I'm not a big fan, as I think he tends to waste the ball a lot, but I genuinely thought Glen Johnson was England's best, or at least most consistent, player at the tournament.

It pains me to say but I reckon even Arbeloa has been a better player than Lahm

Also, regarding Cole, I think he was excellent in the warm ups but nowhere near as impressive in the tournament - although to be fair to him that was partly the fault of the anonymous Young in front of him.

Wasn't necessarily putting players in positions rather in general roles of defenders, midfielder and attackers, cant really think of a stand out right back.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Lahm hasn't played right back but he's two footed so I snuck him in there. And yeh, no really great centre forwards this year. Mario and Ibra probably the most talented but neither has played consistently. RVP, Rooney, Benzema all a bit of a let down. Surprised nobody else has gone for Terry, he got out of position a few times trying to play offside but made some absolute quality blocks and tackles. Maybe I'm biased.

I think its hard to put any England defenders in there because we sat deep and still conceded, even if there were some (few) good individual moments .

I put Lahm because I genuinely think he's had a good tournament played (kinda) out of position, I might've gone for Gusev cos he was excellent, kinda forgot about Johnson or Debuchy, also good shouts.

How about a terrible team or overrated flops? Surely Ashley Young and James Milner would be included. Possibly Nani for all his diving antics too.

I thought Milner was okay. Young, Dunne, Benzema, RVP, Robben, Ribery, Cech, Given would all be in it for sure.

Does it bug anyone else that every european side's fans always start singing The White Stripes everytime their team scores a goal? Don't know why it bugs the shit out of me.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Blame UEFA for playing Seven Nation Army after every goal. They did it for Euro 2008, and for some reason they haven't found a new song after four years. I'd recommend Tom Hark.

Oh well. Sad for the Italians, but at least it was a decent final. And I'm glad that Mario Gomez was denied the golden boot at the last minute. A player who can't be bothered to run around a bit and work for his team doesn't deserve an award.

At least Spain bothered to actually be entertaining. Once in two tournaments isn't bad I suppose.

A team of tournament hopelessness you say, Leopig? The attack would have to be this I think:

RM: Robben
    LM: Ribery
    ACM: Young
    ST: Kherzakov

Robin van Persie as a sub, and Chalkias in goal.

Onto tennis, hopefully today Cilic will be feeling the effects of his lengthy match on Saturday.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    Blame UEFA for playing Seven Nation Army after every goal. They did it for Euro 2008, and for some reason they haven't found a new song after four years. I'd recommend Tom Hark.

Oh well. Sad for the Italians, but at least it was a decent final. And I'm glad that Mario Gomez was denied the golden boot at the last minute. A player who can't be bothered to run around a bit and work for his team doesn't deserve an award.

How can you say it was a decent finals when spain again played most unattractive football,and Italy didn't even tried to score .. The finals should Germany - Italy. All matches with Spain were borefest.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How can you say it was a decent finals when spain again played most unattractive football,and Italy didn't even tried to score .. The finals should Germany - Italy. All matches with Spain were borefest.
    Apart from the first match with Italy, the match against Ireland (ok it was Ireland), France + the final?

British Grand Prix this weekend.

Here's hoping Hamilton manages to go one race without some kind of calamity and Jensen manages to actually pick up some points. Also it would be amazing if Di Resta sneaks onto the podium.

In Football news I wish Leeds would hurry up and announce that Bates is out and we're getting some investment from some ultra rich chaps from the Middle East who hopefully care for the club.

I don't follow boxing normally, but I caught the fight for the asia pacific champion last night, and wow. You would not want to be on the recieving end of that hit.

If you skip to the last 30 seconds, you can see the force of the knock-out hit.

I very rarely watch boxing, but even to me, that looked more like a brawl than "real" boxing. Which I'm all for, personally. If you're going to watch bloodsports I see no reason to sugarcoat and make it boring. Give them axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    I very rarely watch boxing, but even to me, that looked more like a brawl than "real" boxing. Which I'm all for, personally. If you're going to watch bloodsports I see no reason to sugarcoat and make it boring. Give them axes.
    excuse my ignorance, but what constitutes real boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    excuse my ignorance, but what constitutes real boxing?
    I said "real", not real. That is to say, high level, good boxing. All boxing matches I've seen in the last ten years have been boring as fuck. That looked like an actual fight.

Anyone else pumped for Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    MURRAY!

Ahem. Going to be tough against Federer in the final, he looked in stupendous form against Djokovic.

The EIHL 2012/2013 season fixtures have been posted.

In bonus news, the Devils new rink actually has a targeted completion date. In less fantastic news, that date is Dec 2014.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    The EIHL 2012/2013 season fixtures have been posted.
    I'm afraid that seeing the word Elite in conjunction with "Fife" is just too confusing to my eyes.

Never realised the UK had an ice hockey league going, always been a sport I've wanted to watch, I was a little disappointed when a holiday to Canada in my teenage years didn't happen to coincide with the ice hockey season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I'm afraid that seeing the word Elite in conjunction with "Fife" is just too confusing to my eyes.
    Quote of the day. ^_^

There are a couple of different leagues around, the Elite league being at the top of the tree. If you want to see a game in Oxford, the Oxford City Stars are in the southern division of what will now be known as the ENIHL.