Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    He's been serving brilliantly this week. If he served like that at Wimbledon surely he would have put Federer under massive pressure?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Why does GB turn up for the relay events?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

For all of Bolt's amazing sprinting, and the Team GB Golden 3 Night, David Rudisha's 800m run is my favourite athletics moment of the games. Stunning race.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    For all of Bolt's amazing sprinting, and the Team GB Golden 3 Night, David Rudisha's 800m run is my favourite athletics moment of the games. Stunning race.
    Concur (although Farah winning the 10k was probably my most vocal scream at the telly moment). Rudisha is phenomenal, backed himself to go out fast and not fade and delivered big time, he completely destroyed that field (it's telling that the British bloke came last and still got a national record!).

Went to the Taekwondo on Wednesday and saw eventual British gold medallist Jade Jones in the round of 16. Superb atmosphere and (having seen all the competitors) we called that she would get a medal, she was easily one of the best fighters at that stage, one of only two fights won before the distance. Great fun to watch, there were some really entertaining and dramatic fights.

Looking forward to Farah going for the double tonight (I have a feeling he wont quite do it, it's very tough but I really hope he does) and to the relays. If any of them perform like the American 4x100 did the other night then we are in for a treat.

YES! Mo Farah, is absolutely fucking brilliant!. 5k/10k double. Immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    YES! Mo Farah, is absolutely fucking brilliant!. 5k/10k double. Immense.
    That might just have pipped the Rudisha moment! Awesome.

One of my favourite Olympic moments was Paddy Power massively fucking up their odds on the Danes in the lightweight men's double sculls and me pocketing 60 of a 5 bet.

But Farah was awesome too.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

This van Persie transfer doesn't make sense on any level but if I was to say I'm not a bit excited about it would be a lie.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Football starts today. Come on Pomp...I mean Leeds!

Not noticed the off season as much as most years what with the Euros and Olypmics and all but damn glad its back, and things actually look pretty positive this year (despite van persie).

RVP was just sick of not winning much at Arsenal so he jumped ship.... to a young United team. Seriously, we need to get out trophy back; I never pitted them win last season anyway, just wasn't consistent enough.

As a Denver fan I'm more than a little bit pleased with last night's game and the performances from Manning and Porter.

Obscure Node
    Can we talk about basketball please.

Quote Originally Posted by kalilyrr View Post
    Can we talk about basketball please.
    The Bulls will not be winning anything this year. That's all I know.

Murray!

What a match it was. Thoroughly deserved and dour swine or not I was still delighted to see him win. When he let Djokovic take the third and fourth sets I thought we were about to see the king of all chokes.

Hooray for Murray!

So, Lance, eh?

I mean, I'm sure most of us knew fine well he was doping, considering the number of successful riders of that era had either been caught or owned up to taking drugs it was hard to believe he didn't too (though part of me wanted to). However despite that, the extent of what was going on still managed to shock me somewhat. Surprised his lawyers are still arguing the toss really, especially when you look at just how many witnesses have testified against him, include several to whom doing so has no particular motive or benefit other than telling a truth and drawing a line under a bad period for cheating in cycling.

His charity work is of course still to be commended (I found myself shaking my head at those mentioning him and Jimmy Saville in the same breath; one cheated at sport and was an arrogant bully the other's crimes are far more reprehensible) and I do still hold a lot of respect for the work he's done in that area and hopefully he will continue to do so but I hope he does it under the guise of Lance the cancer campaigner and not Lance the cycling champion, for his sporting legacy is most definitely tainted.

There's a still some respect to be had for him as a person but as a sportsman he'll essentially be considered worse than nothing now.

There's all this about "this could cause people not to trust cycling as a sport" but did they anyway?

Obscure Node
    Hi friends i read out all you posts and i just want to say you that i like to play Football and this is my favorite game which i like to play because this is a good exercise for our health and have also a fun while we are playing this game and we are still healthy by playing this game this is such a nice game to play....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Hi friends i read out all you posts.
    What, like you read them out loud? To yourself, or to an audience? I have no idea if you are a spambot, but I do like the idea of someone who starts every post with, 'Hi friends'.

Ahem.. Sunderland V Newcastle soccer-ball derby is his weekend. I'm probably biased, but I think it's probably the closest the PL has to a traditional blood and thunder derby these days (Liverpool/Man utd always gets a massive build up, but the atmosphere is nowt really, it's not the focal point of their season either, Everton v Liverpool is probably closer, West Midlands are shite, London derbies are all tame).

As a Sunderland fan, the derby usually makes me feel kid of nauseous when I think about it, probably because so many of my friends are Newcastle fans that I get abuse heaped on me every time, especially when we lose (which is almost every time). But there's always that faint glimmer of hope, that maybe this time we can beat them and for a moment, I'll be the one gloating ungraciously, my triumphant glee reflected in their abject misery. Oh, how I long for that day.

FTM
    Last edited by Jockie; 19-10-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter