Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I watched women football and what the heck,they are far more agressive then pepe,how they foul other opponents,its really unseen in today's "men" football lol
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Tour de France - wow, so good this year. Chris Froome was superb. Showed what a class act he his as a rider, but also as a guy. Humble, polite, calm. And with second place, King of the Mountains and best Young rider going to Quintana, we have some good Tour battles to look forward to.

Oh, and the Ashes! It's like the 90's in reverse. And so much better for it!
    Last edited by Gerbick; 21-07-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Ashes

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    His stats made me laugh:

Kilometres covered: 3,404
    Time in the saddle: 83hrs 56min 20sec
    Winning margin: 4mins 20secs
    Stages won: 3 (8, 15 and 17)
    Days in the race leader's yellow jersey: 13/21
    Crashes: 1 (before the start of stage 1)
    Spectators punched: 1 (stage 20)
    Doping tests taken: 19
    Fines: £140 & 20 seconds for taking food illegally (stage 18)
    Prize money: £380,000 (traditionally it is largely split between his team-mates)

Great stuff though.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    His stats made me laugh:
    Fines: £140 & 20 seconds for taking food illegally (stage 18)
    Great stuff though.
    If that's the worst/best they can pin on the guy, the sport is safe!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    In my short time watching the Tour this years edition was the most entertaining, lots of attacking (hopefully non drug assisted!) cycling, some completely unexpected turns of events (Cav winning a stage from the breakaway that did for Valverde's chances).

Superb stuff from Froome. Got to love Richie Porte too, who didn't bother to hide his efforts to stop Froome being penalised in his post race interviews.

Hopes for next time:

Omega Pharma Quickstep sorting out their sprint train. Cav didn't look 100% but definitely a couple of their losses were down to poor organisation. Sure the other teams have got better but nobody's train looked like that HTC one did a few years back. If they do there's going to be some great Cav vs Kittel vs Greipel battles.
    Points competition gets reorganised a bit. Sagan deserves a chance at it but as it is now he just wins too easily by getting decent results in both the final and intermediate sprints and the odd stage win over the guys who contest for the win whenever it is available.
    Froome vs Quintada (23 my arse!) mountain battles.
    More Jens Voight. Someone give him a contract, he's an entertaining rider and interviewee and great to see in any breakaway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    So Denmark gets into the semi-finals on penalties by being all-out defensive against France in the Women's European Football Championship. I'd be more disappointed if the French hadn't played as dirty as they did. Are referees afraid to give red cards on tournaments? It seems like it. Still, it's no fun watching who knows how many defenders swarm the goal area for 120 minutes. That makes me wonder if there are still leagues for old-school football. That is to say, without dedicated goalkeepers?

Anyway, I didn't see anything of this year's Tour de France. The numerous doping scandals that came to light over the winter really soured me on it. Seems the general response has been positive though. Let's hope that continues next year, because the idea behind the race is still a great one.

Next week Formula One heads to Hungary for the last race before the summer break. From what I've seen of it on games the track is actually quite fun to drive, but it's definitely not a great TV race. Short straights, narrow track, and barely a chance for genuine overtaking.

---

Edit: Yet another disappointing game in the European Football Championship. The mix of blundering attackers and half a dozen defenders is getting a bit boring. Thankfully there's enjoyable highlight clips, like this one:

Last edited by Tritagonist; 24-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Fell asleep around the early twenty lap mark of the F1 and awoke mid forties to find I'd missed nothing. I can't remember, but has Monza always been so damn boring (in the dry)? It got interesting in the last few laps with Hamilton having a chance to do something, but apart from that...

I ended up missing Spa too due to a wedding and whilst I could've watched it, I heard it wasn't that good either. Perhaps I made a mistake there. Either way, I bloody hope Singapore delivers something.