Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Am I the only person who thinks that Joe Cole is a zombie? I mean, look at him.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've totally got a great idea for a website/app.

I was irritated yesterday by spotting that Bradley Wiggins was in Yellow in the Tour de France while browsing other sports news and then further having the result spoiled by being told that Chris Froome won the stage on the ITV website whilst finding the highlights. This seems easily solved, just have a website with a list of all the sporting events on. When you click on an event you get asked if you want to know the result. If you click yes you get linked to news report on a site which doesn't give away the results of other events on sidebars etc. If you click no you get linked directly to highlights, with no risk of having the result given away.

I know I'd find it handy.

----

Wimbledon final is shaping up to be a classic, finely poised at one set all. Murray playing great, Federer has been prone to a few more errors than usual but has also played some phenomenal points at times. Hard to call, much depends on whether Murray can brush off the disappointment of the second set.

A fine effort from Murray. He got increasingly tired because Federer was pulling him all over the court. I think Feder snagging the second set with some sublime tennis was the big shift. If Murray'd managed to get that it might've given him the boost to go on and win. Federer's still a class act though and some of the shots he pulled out nobody could have done anything against.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Yup, the break at the end of the second set was key. One poor miss from Murray and then two absolutely stupendous points from Federer. I guess some people will point to the epic deuce game in the third set but even if Murray had hung on Federer would have still been on top of things. He'd really got his game flowing by that stage. If Murray had gone 2 up though, I'd have fancied him to finish it off.

Well played by the lad, felt sorry for him (as I always to for anyone who has just lost a final) during the post match interview (though had to laugh at one of my friends comments on Facebook that they should have brought out Hazel Irvine instead of Sue Barker if they'd wanted even more tears, she once reduced John Higgins to floods of sobbing after he won the Snooker World Championship). He's definitely got a slam in him but Federer was too good today. Much as I wanted a Murray victory Federer is my favourite player and it was good to see him silence those dafties who had started writing him off.

Roll on the Olympic tennis!

A felt a little sorry for him in the interview as well. Not least because some people who slag him off for being a dour, grumpy arsehole were then giving him shit for crying.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...t-7936075.html

In a hilarious misunderstanding, John Terry was asked to repeat evidence that he had been sent off four times in his career.

“Can you say, please, four times?” asked his QC, George Carter-Stephenson.

“Please, please, please, please,” Terry responded.

Guffaws of laughter broke out around the courtroom at the misunderstanding, which was a result of the judge asking Terry to speak up.

The footballer appeared confused by response from the courtroom.
    :D

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/k...202255528.html

Amir Khan has been handed the WBA belt back..... /facepalm

I see that Haye vs Chisora has inexplicably managed to sell most of its tickets. Can't believe people are paying to watch that pair of eejits.

Also that Terry thing is excellent!

I would rather pay to see Audley Harrison v Tyson Fury than Haye v Chisora.

Good day so far after Strauss got off to a woeful start. Cook and Trott are just the ticket after that sort of wobble.

EDIT: OH CHRIST I IMMEDIATELY JINXED IT.

Still, 71's a good tonic to Strauss.

Yeah, pleased with that from Trott. Pietersen seems to have slotted in nicely though, if they can get through the first ten overs of the new ball tonight then I fancy us to bat all day again tomorrow with a much higher run-rate as the bigger hitters lower down kick in. Make 'em chase 500, at least- try and get a follow-on going. Also lovely from Cook.

Edit: Oh fuck you Pietersen.

So Bradley Wiggins to all intents and purposes won Le Tour today which, if if wasn't an Olympic year would make him a shoo in for Sports Personality of the Year in the UK. Still he's got a chance of a Time Trial medal at the games that would seal the deal. Stupendous performance, though it definitely can be argued that his main rival was in his own team and wasn't allowed to compete. Would have been fascinating to see if Chris Froome's superior climbing ability could have made back the deficit from Bradley's time trialling but alas it was not to be.

Not long until the Olympics now. I, for one, am rather excited.

Bit of a disastrous start to the day's cricket but Prior's somewhat saved the innings from being completely underwhelming. What a man.

I'm not especially excited for the Olympics but I am tempted to get this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Watch-Ol...2791735&sr=1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Bit of a disastrous start to the day's cricket but Prior's somewhat saved the innings from being completely underwhelming. What a man.
    He is very useful to have at 7. De Villiers took five catches, it will be interesting to see if keeping wicket is detrimental to his batting.

Quote Originally Posted by amusingthebrood View Post
    De Villiers took five catches, it will be interesting to see if keeping wicket is detrimental to his batting.
    It looks like we will have to wait to find out. South Africa were sensational.

Gutted for Mark Cavendish. :(

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Gutted for Mark Cavendish. :(
    Me too. All looked good until final 30km, when it was clear that the leading group had too much of a gap. Hopefully, the effort by Wiggo won't affect his chances in the Timetrail.

I reckon Wiggo will be fine in the time trial. Cancellara, who I was predicting would win, had a nasty crash. Can't really see who is going to rival him in the TT.

Cavendish loosing to a break was always on the cards, I was surprised the Germans didn't do more to help (Greipel being one of the few people to have beaten Cav in a sprint finish recently) but even then it would have been a tough ask.

Still waiting for that first GB medal, hopefully the women's road race will go better, plus Adlington is going in the 400m freestyle final tomorrow.

Swimming is an odd sport in terms of just how good teenagers can be. In pretty much every other sport most people wont be a threat until they are in their twenties and are just looking for experience, but with swimming it seems that teenagers can surprise the big names and even get world records. Wonder what makes it more amenable to this sort of thing but it does make things nice and unpredictable.

In other Olympic news I'm finding archery much more compelling to watch than I would have expected. The semi final and final stages are gloriously tense and dramatic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm slightly overwhelmed by the choice. I know not all of the 24 BBC channels are going at once, but even with a quarter of that, there's still a lot going on. Always reminded by the Olympics of the variety of interesting sports that you don't hear about the rest of the time. The ladies' foil bronze medal match yesterday, for example, was a great display of the sport and how intense it can be. Similarly for the handball. I've yet to watch any table tennis yet, unfortunately. I'm also amused at how well the ladies' GB football team is doing compared to the men's.