Proof that video games are inspirational

Right here in this lil' linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiePaAHK3jE

How can you not be inspired? Plus so much nostalgia I can't help but get all teary-eyed.

Go right, my friends.

This has inspired me to make a platformer where you must always go left. Wonder how many will make it past the spawn point.

Also... go right? was that a statement?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    So simple, but still kinda beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DHP View Post
    This has inspired me to make a platformer where you must always go left. Wonder how many will make it past the spawn point.
    Start up a Kickstarter asking for $1.2 million. I'll donate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Pretty sure there was a Mario level that did that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I watched this last night and ever since then I've only gone right!
    GO--->
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    (it took a long time to get to work)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

When I saw Adventure Island I smiled. When I saw Darkwing Duck, Link from Zelda 2 and the guy from Pitfall I cried out in joy. And when I saw the guy from Shatterhand and Commander Keen, I squealed like a little girl.

Network Hub
    What is the game at 0:42 (Immediately after Cave Story?)

I have vague but fond memories of playing this game. Time to get an emulator ready!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Doesn't this prove that little movies can be inspirational? That's not a game, it's a youtube clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Doesn't this prove that little movies can be inspirational? That's not a game, it's a youtube clip.
    This, and when people say video games are art and link to their favourite cutscene or screenshot, that always seems odd too.

Go left in Limbo
    Get achivement

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    clip didn't appear out of random bits on the net. Someone was inspired by something to make it.

...Why prove that games can be inspirational? just be inspired and take pride in yourself. for fucks sake.

PS: not aimed at anyone in particular.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    It annoys me that many gamers have inferiority complex. It's even funny in case of Starcraft or Quake, what with them blabbering about Chess al the time.

Curious as to whether people who are hard core left-handed would do better at that.

Also curious as to whether people raised with right-to-left script languages would do better at that.

*needs government grant to study this*

I saw Samus' boobs!

On-topic: of course video games can be inspirational, but I agree with those saying that this video doesn't show that.

Incidentally, the last time I was inspired by a video game was only a few days back: the opening credits sequence for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, considered in light of the events immediately preceding it. It suddenly occurred to me that I am fucking amazing. I was fairly chuffed about this all day.

That I'd recently been reading Nietzche probably had more than a little to do with it, but it was the DX:HR credit sequence that was the trigger.

... why yes, I am on psychotropic medication, thank you. > >
    Last edited by Rii; 05-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.