Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Slaanesh would probably suit when warhammer tries to break into the Japanese game industry.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    And yeah Chaos Dwarfs used to be a playable army in WHFB, never understood why they ignored them. They went the way of the stunties in 40k.
    15 years later and I'm still bitter about my Epic scale Squat army :\

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Pricing announced: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...&t=1410#p17667

We are happy to inform that all owners of Blood Bowl will be able to purchase Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition for about €10,00! (exact price is still being debated, but this number is pretty accurate)

This price is a special offer for all players who already have one of the previous editions of the game such as Blood Bowl, Legendary Edition or Dark Elves Edition.

For those who don’t already have the game and want the full experience, Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition will be sold around €30. Pass the message along to your friends so they join the community in September 2012!
    At that price I'll be getting it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post

Yeah, its no DLC price point, but its healthy. Now I just need to get another copy of Bloodbowl for next to nothing so I can get the upgrade twice.

Here's a problem though, I'm completely unwilling to buy through the Cyanide stores without activation on Origin, Steam or Desura, I don't trust them to keep my downloads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty reasonable; 10 Euromoney to keep the servers running another year or two is pretty reasonable, and if they're going to throw in another race I'll take it.

I remain unconvinced by this unplaytested, potentially unbalanced new race, however, and I am strongly against letting people play it in RPS competitions until we know if it's balanced or not.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Aye, not too bad on price but the last I heard galak and co still hadn't seen the new team.

The entire idea of forcing a new team in seems bad to me anyways when there's so many missing features. Not that I've really played with RPS peeps anyways :]

And then there is still the question if the CE is fully compatible with the LE.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    And then there is still the question if the CE is fully compatible with the LE.
    Judging by past performances I'd guess that it'll be a completely separate entity, so no compatibility.

Yeah, I'll boycott any new races, ffs, they haven't even balanced lizards ^_^
    (6 St4 players with no neg traits?, mv8 stunties who are 1 AG boost from "2+"ING every dodge regardless of tacklezones and a big guy who has a marking skill, mv6, av9+thick skull and mighty blow.

I'd be shocked if the new side was more OP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, I'd be in favour of banning Khorne at least for the first couple of seasons. If it's compatible with LE then I vote we let anyone who buys CE play the other new teams. If it's not then it gets more complicated; I don't know if a couple of new teams is worth splitting the divisions over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I remain unconvinced by this unplaytested, potentially unbalanced new race, however, and I am strongly against letting people play it in RPS competitions until we know if it's balanced or not.
    I'm pretty much against allowing it even after we find out how good or bad it is.

Still for that price I will be happy for access to the Underworld and Chaos Dwarf teams (and Dribblesnot, muahahaha).

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yeah, I'll boycott any new races, ffs, they haven't even balanced lizards ^_^
    (6 St4 players with no neg traits?, mv8 stunties who are 1 AG boost from "2+"ING every dodge regardless of tacklezones and a big guy who has a marking skill, mv6, av9+thick skull and mighty blow.

I'd be shocked if the new side was more OP.
    Haha yeah, lizards are OP. Actually they are one of the very few teams whose players don't fit the pricing formula (the saurus and krox are all 10k cheaper than their stats/skills say they should be), plus having 6 ST4 blockers on a side is unprecedented.... *ahem*

You know who else is OP? The undead. 40k linemen that aren't stunties and have General skill access, and Regen?? What hax. :P
    Last edited by Screwie; 26-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are you talking about the lightning fast zombies or the usain bolt fast skeles?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    You know who else is OP? The undead. 40k linemen that aren't stunties and have General skill access, and Regen?? What hax. :P
    You can't simply identify one component of a team and call the team overpowered.

Zombies are great and I'd happily take half a dozen of them on any team. But they are not the complete picture. Is a ghoul as good as a high elf lineman? Add to that the lack of apothecary access and these key players establish there place in the bigger picture.

Super mortal SPP hogs and relentless but incapable linemen.

In other news, straw man is flammable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Can we say strongest player in the game with no negatraits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    *sigh* I would hope the smiley implied sufficiently I was joking but yes, it was quite flammable bait. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Can we say strongest player in the game with no negatraits?
    I'd call MV3 a negative.

I'm not saying Undead are shit btw, but the I wonder if the "Bloodbowl isn't meant to be balanced" crowd will still complain about the balance of the new side, even if they are less OP then for example Lizards.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    15 years later and I'm still bitter about my Epic scale Squat army :\
    I'm still bitter about GW ruining White Dwarf Magazine when they turned it into a GW Advertising Pamphlet. Thats over 20 years! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    I'm still bitter about GW ruining White Dwarf Magazine when they turned it into a GW Advertising Pamphlet. Thats over 20 years! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    To be fair, isn't that all it ever was? The Games Workshop games I truly loved didn't sell enough little men though, BB, Necromunda, GorkaMorka, Inquisitor.

Undead are one of the weird middle ground teams really. Humans are the middle of the middle, then Necro, then Undead as bashy middle, Lizardmen as xtreme middle middle and skaven as runny middle. Makes it difficult to compare them to proper bash/agility teams. My concern with the new Khorne team is that it'll just be another pure bash side, which the game doesn't really need (if anything another hybrid or agility side would even things out a bit more). 10 euro's is a good price though, provided it's compatible with LE I'll happily pick it up at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    My wife got me a subscription to White Dwarf as a Christmas present, to be fair even though it's quite adverty I still find it a nice read of a lazy evening.

To be fair, isn't that all it ever was? The Games Workshop games I truly loved didn't sell enough little men though, BB, Necromunda, GorkaMorka, Inquisitor.
    I would love an online Necromunda, can't believe it hasn't happened yet. All the team building and tactics of BB played out in three dimensions, with none of the stupid ball getting in the way.

no no no no no

It was a general rpg magazine until mid/late 80's and did some pretty good stuff.