Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

I like that they call it the "old player" offer.

Also it says you can upgrade with an original or Delf key; does this also upgrade you to legendary?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Do we have any idea if it's backwards compatible with LE yet? Haven't really been paying attention. Will probably get it if so, if only so they don't split the playerbase.

Edit: To answer my own question, a little digging on the forum reveals a cryptic comment about beta testing compatability with LE. Hmm!
    Last edited by Janek; 05-10-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Also it says you can upgrade with an original or Delf key; does this also upgrade you to legendary?
    Among other things the edition's feature list states 23 races, so I think yes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So I have my copy. Khorne roster:

0-16 Pit Fighter Cultist 6338 Frenzy 60k GP (AS)
    0-2 Khorne Herald 6338 Horns Juggernaut Frenzy 90k GS (AP)
    0-4 Bloodletter Daemon 6337 Horns Juggernaut Regeneration 80k GAS (P)
    0-1 Bloodthirster 6519 Horns Juggernaut Frenzy Claw Loner Wild Animal Regeneration 180k S (GAP)

BROKEN.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Confirming that you can just log into Chaos Edition with your LE account and all your teams will still be there. Whether it actually works is a different matter. Shall keep LE installed for now just in case.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    are you from the future? tell me more tales time traveller

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Is there a list anywhere of which star players are in it? Seeing as I have no interest in Khorne or evil fucking bastard hatted dwarves.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Goblins and Orcs (and Underworld) get Bomber Dribblesnot, although the latest LE patch might have added him to them for everyone. CDs get Zzharg Madeye. Far as I can tell they're the only two new ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    So I have my copy. Khorne roster:

0-16 Pit Fighter Cultist 6338 Frenzy 60k GP (AS)
    0-2 Khorne Herald 6338 Horns Juggernaut Frenzy 90k GS (AP)
    0-4 Bloodletter Daemon 6337 Horns Juggernaut Regeneration 80k GAS (P)
    0-1 Bloodthirster 6519 Horns Juggernaut Frenzy Claw Loner Wild Animal Regeneration 180k S (GAP)

BROKEN.
    edit: Linemen with passing access? Ready yourself for my team "the Hail Mary's" with a full lineup of hail mary throwers.

misread... heh
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    And diving catch on all 4 bloodletters?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They could have done a new negtrait on the bloodthirster. Something more like Really Stupid that makes him insubstantial when he looses hold on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    BROKEN.
    Care to elaborate? The opinions over at talkfantasyfootball.org seem to be mixed. Let's (edit: read: whoever buys the CE, I won't) give them a bit of a try before deciding on that maybe.

Link to TFF.orgs strategy discussion thread (you might need to register an account to be able to read the threads):
    http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/v...p?f=25&t=37123

Roster discussion thread:
    http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/v...p?f=20&t=37116
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I expect you'll find the people who see the issues with them will be the people who've played Savage Orcs/all frenzy themed team extensively in the past so are very aware of how potent these teams can be and how the negatives of all frenzy applies an all important curb. 'Letters sans frenzy are a huge issue. Grab access and easy to deploy guard removes the curb. The one thing that will keep the team in check is the agility access will almost certainly lead lots of coaches into the trap of making 'letters playmakers rather than the support players that will transform this team.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, forgot to post what I came for: bit of intelligence for our multi-coach households. Apparently while removing the player keys when going all Steam Cyanide have neglected to put any new limit on coaches. Whether this will last beyond the short term is doubtful but right now one copy of CE can be used by multiple coaches with an existing LE account. Only one can use it at a time due to steam, but as you only need it when coaching Chaos Dwarf or Underworld (oh alright, and Khorne) this won't be an issue unless all 'owners' are running one of those teams in the same league or want to play one at the same time.

Has anything at all been changed in CE apart from the three new teams? Any AI-improvements or something like that would be way to much to hope for I reckon?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No AI improvements. Some bugs have been fixed, there's a new pitch, a couple of new star players, and they are keeping the servers open for a bit longer...!

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    No AI improvements. Some bugs have been fixed, there's a new pitch, a couple of new star players, and they are keeping the servers open for a bit longer...!
    That last point to me is the best thing about the new edition. I hope that it will be possible to run private servers when Cyanide's Blood Bowl servers go to the big pitch in the sky.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    That last point to me is the best thing about the new edition. I hope that it will be possible to run private servers when Cyanide's Blood Bowl servers go to the big pitch in the sky.
    Cyanide leagues run on OBBLM have long offered far more functionality and stars, teams etc. I've been playing in an off-server league for 18 months now and there are more such leagues springing up all the time. It has a slightly higher barrier of entry getting people used to downloading their roster and connecting via direct IP etc but it is smooth enough to ensure a future for many leagues post Cyanide if enough coaches transfer before the servers are finally shut down.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Cyanide leagues run on OBBLM have long offered far more functionality and stars, teams etc. I've been playing in an off-server league for 18 months now and there are more such leagues springing up all the time. It has a slightly higher barrier of entry getting people used to downloading their roster and connecting via direct IP etc but it is smooth enough to ensure a future for many leagues post Cyanide if enough coaches transfer before the servers are finally shut down.
    I wasn't aware of it. If or when the time comes, I can easily run OBBLM on one of my servers for RPS. That said, is there a real risk of the servers going down? Have specific things being said? It's just that a lot of companies keep servers for games running for years and years, even if the player base has dwindled to almost nada.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I wasn't aware of it. If or when the time comes, I can easily run OBBLM on one of my servers for RPS. That said, is there a real risk of the servers going down? Have specific things being said? It's just that a lot of companies keep servers for games running for years and years, even if the player base has dwindled to almost nada.
    However, there are also famous examples for the opposite. I think it depends on the ongoing maintenance costs and complexity of the game at hand. I'll definitely check out OBBLM. And as a last line of defence, there will (most likely) always be FUMBBL.