Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Chaos Edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well, that was fun.

I created a custom SP competition for 56 teams, with the first stage being 8 groups of 8 and 7 matches. Then two odd things happened.

One round, my scheduled opponent was replaced by a 2600+TV Chaos team called [something]'s Undivided - a Chaos team consisting of 12 warriors and 4 minotaurs, no less. Fortunately they are weirdly statted and skilled (the warrior are all +1 MA, -1 AV and there are no Blocking skills on the whole team, just Shadowing, Tentacles and Very Long Legs mainly).

Then I reach day 7 and.... I have no match scheduled. In fact I check back and there are only 3 matches listed every day. For a group of 8 teams. And when I hit Prepare Match nothing happens. Brilliant bug.

EDIT: Ahh, late night ranting. Ignore my maths fail at the top there. 56 is not 8x8 after all. That doesn't explain why I am scheduled for 7 matches when I have 6 opponents, though. Maybe the uber chaos team factors into that but it seems a really obtuse way of doing things. And most importantly, the competition is still impassably bugged at this point. :/
    Last edited by Screwie; 21-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Interesting mode for the Khorne team here - it's a "fluff" fix, removing the stupid bloodthirster from the team and swapping some models about, introducing some nicely-rendered khorngors into the bargain. Stats are completely unchanged.

The big guy is now the herald, with the bloodletters replacing the old heralds and the khorngors replacing their previous role in the team.

Not tested for multiplayer yet but looks good.
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.

With I made my own spin on the above mod:

Bloodthirster -> Herald
    Herald -> Khorngor
    Bloodletter -> Bloodletter

I'm much happier with this arrangement. Now all the daemons have Regeneration and only the daemons have Regeneration, so my OCD is satisfied. Also removing the ugliest and least capable bloodthirster in the world from the team eases my lore itch.

Here's how they look:

All it took was some light database editing, fileswapping and a little rescaling, and it wouldn't have been possible without the excellent work of the modder soapmode.

Also thanks to Everblue for helping to confirm this mod works in multiplayer too. :)

(If I play your Khorne team in the Challange league and get all the names wrong, this is why.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Network Hub
    What are Khorne Heralds supposed to be anyway? Beefed up bloodletters? I'm not too familiar with the lore.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea basically Bloodletters but Hero level characters.

Network Hub
    So Chaos Edition is 50% off in the Steam Sale for the next 13 hours.

However, it seems to only have the 'full version' and not the 'upgrade from LE' version, so it costs $15. Did the upgrade deal disappear? Or is it just temporarily gone while they discount the full version? Am I a blind idiot and is there a way to get the lovely, snuggly Chaos Dwarves and Khorne for $5?
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    So Chaos Edition is 50% off in the Steam Sale for the next 13 hours.

However, it seems to only have the 'full version' and not the 'upgrade from LE' version, so it costs $15. Did the upgrade deal disappear? Or is it just temporarily gone while they discount the full version? Am I a blind idiot and is there a way to get the lovely, snuggly Chaos Dwarves and Khorne for $5?
    Steam tends to suspect loyalty deals during sales, so probably not.

Debating getting this now, out of curiosity mainly. Although I probably won't play much of it before the Winter Sale, and I really should try FUMBBL first since it's free and hmmm...