Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I would also suspect that mutations are not something daemons can get, since one of the reasons Chaos Pact was overlooked was the time needed to make the team.
    Well they had to add mutations to gobbos and trolls for Underworld, so the only mutations pact would need would be Ogre, Dark Elf and Marauder (which would be a whole new model anyway). Seems a bit of a crappy reason not to do them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well I reckon I'll pick it up straight away, whether or not the league switches over to it. Then I'll see soon enough what all the fuss is about. As for the league, maybe wait until the first major sale of the game to bother, assuming it's worth doing at all. Even if the daemon team is a pile of arse, the other two teams are tried and tested oldies at least.

Hopefully the two versions will simply be compatible (unlikely, because Cyanide), then the whole issue will be moot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Well they had to add mutations to gobbos and trolls for Underworld, so the only mutations pact would need would be Ogre, Dark Elf and Marauder (which would be a whole new model anyway). Seems a bit of a crappy reason not to do them.
    Yeah its difficult to justify their reasoning - unless they had their hearts set on not only a new Marauder model but new "chaosy" Ogre/Troll/Skaven/Dark Elf models too, to make the team look cohesive.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    A smidge more info on the source of that Khorne team, it was published in the first edition of the official Blood Bowl magazine, so it was from an official GW (or at least GW-approved) source. But that was in tandem with the release of the 4th edition rules, which were so hated they were subsequently redacted. So that team roster is one for a rule version that doesn't exist anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'll probably get it as soon as I can, depending on price of course, but I can't see it being too expensive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I'll buy it pretty much straight away. I mean, unless it's £30 or something ridiculous.

I"ll probably pass until it's REALLY cheap. Not interested in playing as any of the new teams (against would be fun, bar Khorne). Hope the DoD doesn't move to it.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Just to confirm, Cyanide have said that yes CE is compatible with LE, infact LE players will be patched so that while they cannot access the new teams, they'll be able to play against them.

News on the Khorne Daemon team is that it has Bloodletter Heralds and a Juggernaught as the big guy. The rest of the lineup is still in the air.

Yeah this best not be a full £30 price tag, I'd expect £10 at most since it's barely one third of the stuff that was added with Legendary edition, a lot of the Star Players are still missing, there's still 2 teams missing, Chaos Pact and Slann. Personally I'm really not sure about the Daemon team, I mean sure if they went with a Daemon mixed team it would be kind of fun.

It seems like the only game to even make reference to the fact that they're are other Daemons than Khorne and Nurgle was Warhammer online, guess Slaanesh just isn't kid friendly enough for them to use.

Unfortunately GW have said that because Slann nolonger fit in with their idea of the race (the big slow fat frogs) that Slann will never make it to the PC Cyanide version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mechano View Post
    News on the Khorne Daemon team is that it has Bloodletter Heralds and a Juggernaught as the big guy. The rest of the lineup is still in the air.
    Actually screenshots have already confirmed the big guy to be a Bloodthirster, unless the daemon team is getting two big guys. Hmm.

Unfortunately GW have said that because Slann nolonger fit in with their idea of the race (the big slow fat frogs) that Slann will never make it to the PC Cyanide version of the game.
    Guessing that some management turnover at GW has given the company a "new outlook" on their minor brands and they changed their mind on Slaan. But it's not like the notion of Blood Bowl even fits into the main Warhammer world, let alone the other interesting additions like chainsaws or deathrollers (or chaos dwarfs, for that matter).

Big sigh of relief that it will be compatible with LE, at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Just to confirm, Cyanide have said that yes CE is compatible with LE, infact LE players will be patched so that while they cannot access the new teams, they'll be able to play against them.
    That's excellent and very welcome news. Do you have a source you can link me to?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    That's excellent and very welcome news. Do you have a source you can link me to?
    I rather suspect you'll find that is just further proof that their marketing strategy works VV. They still haven't said anything of the sort to my knowledge.

The one crumb to cling onto is the recent revelation that they are adopting DLC for the extra colleges in DB so maybe they are looking at that option for the CE content.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 16-05-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I rather suspect you'll find that is just further proof that their marketing strategy works VV. They still haven't said anything of the sort to my knowledge.
    Their marketing strategy is "let's confuse our players and not tell them anything but spread all kinds of rumours until they buy Chaos Edition out of fear"?

Mhmm. I need to try THAT one at one point.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Yeah since they're a French company pretty much 75% of the stuff is things being pulled from the French section of the official forums where they seem to be doing their communicating.

It was posted somewhere in the bigass Chaos Edition thread on the official forums.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    (or chaos dwarfs, for that matter)
    Chaos Dwarfs are in the warhammer world. They even have a small army list from the Tamurkhan campaign released by Warhammer Forge. You can get some really good models for them from forgeworld/warhammer forge. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...filter_reset=1)

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...gendary#p14194

That is the link to the forum post, a developer (pmcc) confirms that Legendary is compatible with Chaos edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Chaos Dwarfs are in the warhammer world. They even have a small army list from the Tamurkhan campaign released by Warhammer Forge. You can get some really good models for them from forgeworld/warhammer forge. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...filter_reset=1)
    Oh yeah I've seen those. But as I'm sure you know, for the longest time it felt like GW wanted to pretend they didn't exist and I was poking fun at that. :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea they just ignored them. Slaan are still in Warhammer, they lead the Lizardmen but they are just really fat magical frogs.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...gendary#p14194

That is the link to the forum post, a developer (pmcc) confirms that Legendary is compatible with Chaos edition.
    Ah, but he says it "should" be compatible, and then makes no mention of how this compatibility is achieved.

After all, the Normal Edition of Bloodbowl is also "compatible" with the LE - both version share the same chatroom, they just can't play with each other.

I remain cautious about it. Love the game, but Cyanide's lifetime track-record is not filling me with confidence.

It seems like the only game to even make reference to the fact that they're are other Daemons than Khorne and Nurgle was Warhammer online, guess Slaanesh just isn't kid friendly enough for them to use.
    What? Tzeench and Slaanesh are all over all kinds of WH. Or do you just meed WHFB themed video games?

And yeah Chaos Dwarfs used to be a playable army in WHFB, never understood why they ignored them. They went the way of the stunties in 40k.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    What? Tzeench and Slaanesh are all over all kinds of WH. Or do you just meed WHFB themed video games?
    Yeah specifically videogames, Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemons don't seem to feature a whole lot.