Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    no no no no no

It was a general rpg magazine until mid/late 80's and did some pretty good stuff.
    Oh, I was born around the time it went shit, same with music apparently.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Oh, I was born around the time it went shit, same with music apparently.
    So you're to blame for ruining the 80's ! Nostalgia ain't what it used to be you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    I'm still bitter about GW ruining White Dwarf Magazine when they turned it into a GW Advertising Pamphlet. Thats over 20 years! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Early WD was an excellent mag with many interesting articles on varied games and systems. But as you say, when it turned into a GW catalogue it became utter shite.

Thrud FTW!
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Lizards aren't OP, you're confused because Jiiim plays them, and Jiiim definitely is OP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yes. Nerf Jiiiiim!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I would also love an online necromunda, or to be more precise a game in a similar vein to necromunda.

I loved necro but it used hand me down rules and as a result was overcomplicated in some areas, in need of more detail in others and awful when it came to balance. Some fan projects have massively cleared things up but I'd generally prefer to see a system more similar to say malifaux but with the extra team building and territory management excitement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Necromunda occupied my teenage years. We ran a homebrewed miniature-based RPG-ish-version of the game where each player controlled a single guy instead of a whole gang and one of us (usually me) played the GM. We incorporated the Gorkamorka vehicle rules for lulz and explosions (biker gangs sound cool in principle, but on those thin walkways...), and I wrote half a bestiary full of weirder creatures to infest the Underhive. It was madness but amazing fun.

I still love the Necromunda setting to this day, and I would love to see a video game version of it (assuming team building and territory management are mandatory inclusions).
    Last edited by Screwie; 27-06-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I still love the Necromunda setting to this day, and I would love to see a video game version of it (assuming team building and territory management are mandatory inclusions).
    I'm thinking X-Com with bloodbowl style skirmishes 1 vs 1(any third parties would have the option of delivering general instructions for the AI to carry out of the players behalf "Take out anyone in the open but stay in cover", "run away from the battle"), but not in a rotary every faces everyone sense, your strategic choice would determine your clashes.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

An X-Com style interface and overview would be cool, yeah. If it's turn-based it can be loyal to the Necromunda rules - and if it is loyal to the rules, skirmishes of larger than two gangs would also be quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yes. Nerf Jiiiiim!
    Yes please!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Now I know how Napoleon felt

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    French? un deux/

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Now I know how Napoleon felt
    We need some Russian players
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Definitely against allowing daemon teams into the RPS league for a few editions (or at least until we've had a chance to thoroughly playtest them internally)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't watch this at work. Apparently it's a video of the CE gameplay. Can someone look at it please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXQJ...&feature=share

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    It's not gameplay, it's just one of their intro movies.

It's a CG trailer of a BB match in the style of their older trailers featuring two teams at a time - this time Chaos Dwarfs and Khorne bollocks.

Synopsis: Hobgoblin crams a ball into a dwarf's blunderbuss, who then fires it high for a bull centaur to 'go long' for. Except it's intercepted by a flying bloodthirster who lands and advances with some bloodletters in support. That's all.

I suppose it confirms bloodletters and bloodthirster for the Khorne side, as well as the classic giant hats for the chaos dwarfs (yay!). Could be that Zzharg Madeye (the blunderbuss) is our second star player for the expansion?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yup, that has to be Zzharg and Bomber confirmed as two, and we still assume the third new star will be a made up one for Khorne. Interesting to note Cyanide do seem to have listened to the moans about them mainly including the costly stars no one uses... just a shame they've now opted to add cheap stars no one uses :) Everyone seemed to assume Hthark was a lock for CD star.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks!

Does the bloodthirster look OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Thanks!

Does the bloodthirster look OP?
    Not at all. Which is a bit of a letdown considering they are the monster people associate with Warhammer Chaos.
    Forum janitor in training.