Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The face on the model looks like a sad bulldog from a cartoon. The rules for the bloodthirster and bloodletters look... wierd. No way to know whether they're OP or indeed Tier 2 until some leagues who aren't us do some playtesting- and no way we should put the new team in any leagues until we know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The roster has been revealed? Anyone got a link?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not that I'm aware of, there's a couple of Khorne lists from back from 4th edition floating around but they are horrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I checked the official forums yesterday and there was nothing listed.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My hopes for the Khorne list have been raised as I learn that it was Galak Starscrapper himself who put together the list. It hasn't received the widespread playtesting the other lists have had but it's come from a good(non-cyanide) place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Latest news re compatibility from Freki:

"Legendary and Chaos will be compatible. It means that a Legendary player will be able to play with a Chaos player but only with a Legendary team. He will see the new races but won't be able to choose a Chaos Dwarfs team.

Concerning your team, you should be able play with your team on Chaos edition, so you won't have to restart a new team if you don't want.
    "

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...=1258&start=80

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The DoW method, excellent move cyanide. If they can keep doing that playing each title will serve as an advert for the others, add in race and pitch dlc.

They make money, we get supported. Win-win.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The face on the model looks like a sad bulldog from a cartoon. The rules for the bloodthirster and bloodletters look... wierd. No way to know whether they're OP or indeed Tier 2 until some leagues who aren't us do some playtesting- and no way we should put the new team in any leagues until we know.
    Out of curiosity: what's the rules for them?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not known yet afaik.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    From another forum:

Ok a mate of mine is at Games Day and has just played a game with the Khorne Roster...

Bloodthirster

6 5 1 9 Claw, Frenzy, Wild Animal, Regeneration, Jugg (He thinks!)

Pitfighters

6 3 3 8 Frenzy

Bloodletters or Heralds

6 3 3 8 Frenzy, Horns

He stresses that the team he was using was 1300 TV and the Heralds had Jugg but he doesn't know if they start with it lol

No mutation access for the team and he says there's another positional but he's not text it me yet! He does however say they're a pain in the arse to play with

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not enough information to make any meaningful assessment but already looks broken. No mutations access (on a chaos team? And to think they allegedly barred Cyanide from including the Slann for fluff reasons) suggests we can take it as read that there is mass strength access. Basically Norse with an extra point of armour instead of Block. If they have strength access across the board the team will be sick once youíve got half a dozen or so with a couple of skills. Nightmare for rookie coaches to play mind, and tough for everyone early on. Frenzy without a blocking skill requires careful management.

Proves what plenty of folk said upfront though. The Norse roster already fills the natural gap for Khorne and is one of the best balanced rosters in the game so why on earth did they opt for Khorne out of all the chaos fluff options?

Oh and a big guy with a blocking skill, claw, regen and a really mild negatrait? That better be part of the extra skills rather than starting roster or we are talking broken beyond belief :) Iím sure that isnít on the starting roster though. Not even Cyanide could be that stupid... could they?

Nearly every player having frenzy does strike me as the most ridiculous thing there, especially if they have that strength access to get the guard and block that'll make it super-unpleasant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aren't chaos just norse with an extra point of armour and strength access across the board?

But yes, too early to say anything definite.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Aren't chaos just norse with an extra point of armour and strength access across the board?
    Far from it. There is a reason Chaos are powder-puff until they are giving up a crippling amount of inducements to optimally built opponents while Norse are the most destructive team in the game bar none. The skills and speed gap is very significant.

Damage multiplying skills out the gate are huge hence the teams with them have equally huge negatives to maintain balance, be it spammed AV7 or spammed AG2/MV4. This alleged Khorne roster has a short term weakness that will become a strength assuming GS access. Once they reach the critical mass of blocking skills and guard I don’t see anything to keep them in check. They are not below average in any stat. So far they have no weakness at all (coach positional nous apart) once they have the skills to unlock frenzy traps.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Not enough information to make any meaningful assessment but already looks broken. No mutations access (on a chaos team? And to think they allegedly barred Cyanide from including the Slann for fluff reasons) suggests we can take it as read that there is mass strength access. Basically Norse with an extra point of armour instead of Block. If they have strength access across the board the team will be sick once you’ve got half a dozen or so with a couple of skills. Nightmare for rookie coaches to play mind, and tough for everyone early on. Frenzy without a blocking skill requires careful management.

Proves what plenty of folk said upfront though. The Norse roster already fills the natural gap for Khorne and is one of the best balanced rosters in the game so why on earth did they opt for Khorne out of all the chaos fluff options?

Oh and a big guy with a blocking skill, claw, regen and a really mild negatrait? That better be part of the extra skills rather than starting roster or we are talking broken beyond belief :) I’m sure that isn’t on the starting roster though. Not even Cyanide could be that stupid... could they?
    This is a list straight from Galak without Cyanide fucking with it so it has been play tested by people who know the game - just no where near as much as the other LRB6 rosters. As a result I don't think we can assume strength across the board (I mean I assume it would be strength across the board but maybe there's a lack of general to "balance" that out) - there's just not enough info (even assuming that what we have is accurate) there to work out how they'll play at all.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Anyone who has played an all frenzy themed Norse side in high level competition has enough info to see how dangerous that roster would be with GS access and how appalling it will be without G. If it is accurate it is broken one way or t'other.

Tom has done a lot for BB without a doubt but he is far from infallible (totally breaking flings is an obvious case in point) and unless you are privy to new information we have no idea how much influence he has actually had anyway. However I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t see the above as broken or fit only for the likes of MBBL2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It could have been worse. Frenzy is a lousy starting skill without blocking skills to back it up (unfortunately it flips right round to very good as soon as you get Block).

The bloodthirster, in the form described above, is the most worrisome. It has a lot of block functionality out of the gate, plus regen, plus what I think is an uncharacterisitc and undeserved TV-lowering AG of 1.

Mostly it's as disappointingly predictable as I thought it would be. Khorne is boring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You'd have thought they'd have gone for Slaanesh, given the potential teenage boy audience.