Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Edition

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Actually, it's GAS, but that doesn't make it any better, does it.
    Erp yeah meant GAS. Either way it doesn't make sense for a bloodletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    So, what do we think? Do we give them a run in the Open and see how they get on? I would suggest not the Divisions as yet.
    I would say if people want to muck about with them in challenge that's fine, but I'd say keep them out of the "official" leagues (Open & DoD) until they've been played more.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Underworld Team roster has been presented.

It's just as it appears in the tabletop rules, meaning (with Dribblesnot being added to the game) the team only has two star players to choose from, one Secret Weapon and one Morg! I didn't realise that before, I thought Scrappa or Ripper were available too but apparently not.

The team still looks fun to play regardless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The release date is supposed to be 11th October http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...p=21260#p21258

Is the decision for the Khorne roster that we wait and see how it goes for balance in other leagues? I am probably going to play Khorne in a private league starting at the beginning of November so might be able to give you an opinion. Can a few of us try them out in MM too?

Are we otherwise going to allow Chaos Dwarves and Underworld into the next season of the Divisions?

I've no problem with Chaos Dwarfs or Underworld, not only have those teams been around a long while they are unique and interesting to play and play against.

The Khorne team looks very problematic to me, mostly the Pit Fighter and Bloodletter skill access (especially for their price). Also Khorne is boring and sucks. I may not be the most impartial judge here.

The final decision rests with the league owners and I will tolerate whatever decision they make. I can however categorically say the Khorne team will never make an appearance in the Gauntlin Goblet league. Not on my watch! :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, the two real teams I'm fine with, Khorne I don't think we should allow (unless after extensive playtesting they turn out to be fine, I suppose).

Definitely let Chaos Dwarf and Underworld in, assuming there's full cross compatibility with Legendary Edition. Honestly I wouldn't have too many problems with the Khorne team, they look quite underpowered to me. Not especially interested in playing them, but what would Official RPS Playtesting For Admission To Leagues® look like?

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Not especially interested in playing them, but what would Official RPS Playtesting For Admission To Leagues® look like?
    Wait for a bit and see what people think, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Wait for a bit and see what people think, I'd imagine.
    How disappointing, I was imagining something with secret LANs, elite testers hiding behind pseudonyms, strict silence on pain of death...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought Zoraster's concerns were at high TV, so even if we did let them into the leagues there'd be an issue for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    How disappointing, I was imagining something with secret LANs, elite testers hiding behind pseudonyms, strict silence on pain of death...
    If hypothetically there were such things, we'd have to be a pretty poor conspiracy to tell you about them just because you asked...
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 03-10-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    If hypothetically there were such things, we'd have to be a pretty poor conspiracy to tell you about them just because you asked...
    Ohmygosh :o

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I've missed quite a large chunk of this discussion - but are people without Chaos Ed. still going to be able to play teams that are in Chaos Ed. without having to buy it?

That's what Cyanide have said, but nobody quite believes them without seeing it for themselves. Everblue dug out a quote earlier on:

"Legendary and Chaos will be compatible. It means that a Legendary player will be able to play with a Chaos player but only with a Legendary team. He will see the new races but won't be able to choose a Chaos Dwarfs team.

Concerning your team, you should be able play with your team on Chaos edition, so you won't have to restart a new team if you don't want."

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...=1258&start=80

Network Hub
    The sudden request for testers for this weekend to see if compatibility actually works isn't exactly comforting either.

I genuinely think Khorne will be fine. Yes, 7 players have immediate strength access but only one of them is above ST 3 and 4 of them are AV 7 so you wouldnt want them in the middle of a scrap anyway. They're not fast enough to keep up with elves and not strong enough to go toe to toe with bash putting them nicely in the middle. Positioning will be tricky due to all the frenzy and with only 4 players have easy agility access repositioning won't be easy.

Network Hub

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    The cover art of that box is terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The cover art of that box is terrible.
    I dunno, I think it accurately represents how badly thought out the Khorne are.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I dunno, I think it accurately represents how badly thought out the Khorne are.
    Haha, nice one. :)

Yeah I pre-ordered it as soon as it appeared. I do want to play the other two teams and use Dribblesnot, and £8 is not too bad a price for that.

(I just hope they remembered to add Dribblesnot to to the Goblin, Ogre and Orc lists too.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I actually rather like it, although the bloodthirster looks very sad, ill pick it up i think for that price i think