Network Hub

Wrack - Release date announced - FRIDAY, MAY 25TH, 2012

"Mark Your Calendars!

… or smartphones or whatever the hell you use to keep track of upcoming stuff nowadays!

Things have been going great with Wrack lately. Hopefully you’ve seen some of the previews and maybe even the playthrough by OverTheGun. We’re so close to being ready that I’m finally ready to announce the pre-order release date! That date is…

FRIDAY, MAY 25TH, 2012

On that date, you’ll be able to pre-order the first episode of Wrack, instantly be able to play the first three levels, and you’ll receive the level editor, WrackEd. For more details on what pre-ordering entails, check out our pre-order page.

It’s going to be a lot of fun!"

Via - http://www.wrackgame.com/blog/2012/0...our-calendars/

Really looking forward to this game and to what the community comes up with. I really want some cel-shaded Doom though! :)

I hope they improve on enemies' responsiveness to being shot at, and the later levels will be less "corridor after corridor", moving closer to interesting designs like Tricks and Traps or Dead Simple. Have they mentioned anything about a demo?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    I've had a bunch of issues with Wrack gameplay videos I've seen. I don't believe they can take care of them in less than a month. I think it's going to end up a game I wouldn't like to play for free.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Krikey! View Post
    I hope they improve on enemies' responsiveness to being shot at, and the later levels will be less "corridor after corridor", moving closer to interesting designs like Tricks and Traps or Dead Simple. Have they mentioned anything about a demo?
    I've not read anything about a demo. The game will cost £6/$10 to pre-order. Unless that's changed.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Krikey! View Post
    We'll have a demo at some point. Right now that's kind of hard because we only have 3 completed levels. Probably once we have episode 1 all done, we'll release these first 3 levels as a demo.

We're still toying with things, too. Last night I added an area to E1M2 that makes it more interesting (adds some verticality and non-linearity to it). Once we're able to afford more in terms of an art staff, we'll be able to improve a lot of things! :) That's part of why we're doing this pre-order.

Thanks for the info. All the best to your game, Carnevil!