http://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Direct download links:
    http://winterwolves.com/download.php?game=LorenRPG.exe
    http://winterwolves.com/download.php?game=LorenRPG.zip
    http://winterwolves.com/download.php...renRPG.tar.bz2

Buy game:
    http://www.winterwolves.com/buy.php?prod=17030047

Short description:
    Queen Karen has disappeared! Join the Amazon Princess Loren in her journey to find what happened to her mother.
    Play as Saren or Elenor, fight monsters, discover new places, find romance and defeat the evil Fost!

Any feedback is welcome. Don't judge the game by the manga art, this time I made a really deep turnbased RPG! ;)
    Last edited by winterwolves; 17-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    if you like manga, RPG and dating sims, check my indie computer games

Is there a demo? Would be a bit difficult to give you feedback otherwise without paying ~30$ beforehand.

Edit: Nevermind, found it, downloading now.
    Forum janitor in training.

Manga artwork and women in skimpy clothing. Man, people here are going to love this.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Manga artwork and women in skimpy clothing. Man, people here are going to love this.
    You think so? From my experience, there has usually been a negative reaction to these things, followed by pages and pages of fruitless 'debate'. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time, huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Yeah, if I could go back I have made things differently indeed. I honestly didn't think was a big deal but so far in other places got more comments on the women than the actual gameplay :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winterwolves View Post
    Yeah, if I could go back I have made things differently indeed. I honestly didn't think was a big deal but so far in other places got more comments on the women than the actual gameplay :(
    Then I hope you've learned the lesson.

This ain't the '90s, people are starting to get a bit fed up with boob armour and gender imbalance.

There are men in skimpy clothes/armor too, so there's no gender imbalance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    To be fair half the male characters seem to be wearing sod all so it's not exactly being sexist.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    You think so? From my experience, there has usually been a negative reaction to these things, followed by pages and pages of fruitless 'debate'.
    Well, yes. I was being snarky.

Although yeah, that might've rushed this topic to derail into the usual faffery rather than having everyone talk about the game itself so I apologise for that.
    Last edited by Flint; 05-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Ok, I gave the demo a quick spin but didn't play further than the first few encounters. Some thoughts:

- The title song (cliché anime "super-motivated-girly-jingle" intro music) is very unfitting for a fantasy game in my opinion. But maybe that is just keeping with the overall style.
    - However, there is an option in the preference settings that allows to turn it off - first thing I did after entering this menu.
    - Windowed mode is available too, which is nice.
    - The art style really REALLY is not my cup of tea. It's not just the women that are scantily clad, it's that apparently everyone tries to show off as much skin as he/she/it can get away with:

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpg

Which seems unnecessary, but oh well. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

- Speaking of style: There is very little animation. Basically I've seen three types of screens: Conversation/story screen with static character moving their lips (again: anime style), worldmap and fighting/inventory screens.
    - There is a lot of simple-minded conversation lines, the story seems generic as well. But maybe it's just not my thing.
    - Combat: I fought the first two battles and therefore only got a very brief impression of the mechanics. Better ask someone else with more experience in this kind of games about the quality of the fighting system.

All in all I would say that I didn't found anything interesting about the demo. I certainly wouldn't pay the 30$ for the whole game (that's the price that was displayed for me, might be a bit different in other countries).

Good luck anyways!

Edit: One thing that I found annoying during character creation was that I couldn't see the effects of my choices before entering my answers/responses. Apparently the position of the answer options was always corresponding to the attributes's position, but a simple "(gives +2 strength)" or something similar would have been helpful.
    Last edited by Squiz; 05-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks for the feedback, about the clothing, you can turn suggestive content on/off, so you can cover them much more than in the screenshots you posted :)

Oh, alright then. I saw an option for turning off... "visual" romanctic scenes but must haved missed that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winterwolves View Post
    There are men in skimpy clothes/armor too, so there's no gender imbalance.
    Women in skimpy clothes is not the same on any level as men in skimpy clothes.

For instance, men don't have tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

Some do. ;) Apart from that - and without wanting to get into a longer argument about this topic - I think they are very much the same, at least in case of the art style presented in this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Typical sexist piffle :-P

Obscure Node
    I agree.

Hello, I'm Aleema, I'm the writer for this game. The beginning of the game, unfortunately, was mostly written by someone else. (It doesn't start getting all me until after you make your choice to leave Grimoire.)

I want to mention that I am a feminist, and that the art is in no way a representation of the game's attitude towards women. At least, from what I had control over. I advocated for the covers for the character art, but they were already drawn before I was recruited. I know this means nothing if you consider the gameplay or plot as awful, but I do hope that this artist is never used again.

First impressions are indeed important, and for $25-30, they're costly. Thank you for stepping up to defend the representation of women in games, even if it's against this one. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

And context. The men in skimpy clothes shows-off their strength and muscles which is relevant to an RPG with combat. A woman in skimpy clothes shows-off her tits and ass which really aren't going to help her kill things.

[On the other hand, playing a skimpily-dressed seduction/persuasion-based character in Vampire: Bloodlines does make sense...]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    The men in skimpy clothes shows-off their strength and muscles which is relevant to an RPG with combat.
    Nah, not really, the only reason they're wandering around topless is to show off their manly sexiness.

Man, that song is a bit of a nightmare to me. 0:22 in the video, "I know from the penis is real".

Anyway, I remember the last time you released a game and promoted it in this forum, I made a vapid criticism then, too. Good luck, looks like you put in a lot of effort. :)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Nah, not really, the only reason they're wandering around topless is to show off their manly sexiness.
    Agreed. Topless men don't fight better by wearing little more than a smile/super serious expression.