Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I even edited my post before because I wasn't sure. You can never be sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Well besides, there are almost no girls on the internet forums, let alone a gaming one. It's pretty much a mancave.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by tomeoftom View Post
    Just get an emulator and play Advance Wars. Yeah boss.
    If you like Advance Wars then I recommend Great Little War Game. Also if your into strategies then UniWar (although don't know why it needs the calls permission, just seems a bit dodgy) and Battle For Wesnoth are also good.

There's loads of PC type games out on Android though, it just depends on whether your hardware can run them. Want shooters then there's Dead Space and Doom for starters. A lot of them have trial versions or Lite versions as they like to call them.

Personally though I prefer puzzle games or strategies when I'm out and about. I'm a complete sucker for Mahjong and this is the best one I've found.

Network Hub
    FM Handheld.

Network Hub
    There's an Android section to the Because We May promotion/event. Besides the obvious games like World of Goo and Osmos, there are a couple of good 'uns like Rebuild and Little Stars for Little Wars 2. GTA 3 is also available at 80% off till the 28th May too, that's 76p in the UK I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xune View Post
    I may have just spent the last 2 hours playing this. Fun stuff. Thanks for recommending.

Network Hub
    Android gaming is pretty deplorable but there are a few I can recommend:

ScummVM allows you to play old Lucasarts adventure games on multiple platforms including Android. Controls can be a little clunky but the low resolution graphics look glorious on small screens.

Zookeeper is the best "match 3" style game out there; even better than Bejeweled. You may have played similar games before but this one has nice smooth controls and very crisp graphics, plus there's something magical about this genre when played on a touch screen.

Game Dev Story has already been mentioned but I'll endorse it as a fun tycoon-style game that hits close to home with lots of in-jokes and winking references to the games industry.

Word Search is a free search-a-word newspaper style puzzle. Turn brain off, poke some words. It's amusing.

Andoku Sudoku is my favourite sudoku game on Android. I even like it better than its own sequel for some reason. It's got a simple interface that doesn't get in your way.

Dismount is a push-some-dude-down-the-stairs simulator. It's got nice physics and is inexplicably satisfying. I have no idea why but I can't put this thing down. Lots of free content with further levels for sale.

Andor's Trail is an old-console-style turn-based RPG. I've tried many RPGs on Android and this is the only one I found remotely palatable. A great time waster.

But what do I spend most of my time playing on Android? NOTHING! The games are awful with very few exceptions! The best games are cross-platform titles that I'd rather be playing on a real system. I have more fun customizing my UI and trying new widgets than I do playing games on this platform.
    Last edited by djbriandamage; 29-05-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Network Hub
    FYI, some indie games for Android are on sale for 50% off right now. I'm gonna grab X-Plane 9.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c..._25_IndieGames