Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    Eww, don't buy from dodgy CD key vendors, anyone with half a brain can tell they're far from 'legit' and Blizzard are known for being tight on region control. Where do you think they're getting all these cheap keys from? Usually the answer is from low-priced boxed copies intended for the Asian market, which means they aren't supposed to be sold elsewhere and Blizzard can de-activate them at any time, or refuse activation in the first place.
    Exactly. 20$ i am going to save. Does not worth it if the key gets cancelled

Luckily here is a way to circumvent the tax in games when buying physical copies. I normally just buy digital but I ain't that interested in Diablo 3 so I took the cheaper physical copy for 40 euros. Would not have bought for 60 euros.
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomist View Post
    Exactly. 20$ i am going to save. Does not worth it if the key gets cancelled
    If it gets cancelled, you get your money back. Also you can wait and see if others have any trouble with this kind of thing before buying. But whatevs.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    If it gets cancelled, you get your money back. Also you can wait and see if others have any trouble with this kind of thing before buying. But whatevs.
    Good luck trying to get a refund from a random website that exists solely to sell dodgy CD keys. That's like buying a knockoff watch from some guy on the street and saying "don't worry, if it breaks I'll just get a refund".

Good luck trying to get a refund from a random website that exists solely to sell dodgy CD keys. That's like buying a knockoff watch from some guy on the street and saying "don't worry, if it breaks I'll just get a refund".
    They're not as dodgy as you think. Otherwise they wouldn't sell the russian keys separately from the european ones and the pages for RU keys wouldn't have in bold and red font messages warning you about the keys being russian language only or that you need a VPN for activating them (not the case with D3, it's just an example, you can see that with RU Skyrim keys, etc).

And the guys selling watches on the street usually don't advertise themselves through 3rd party portals where customers can leave comments about their purchasing experience.

Anyway, I don't really care whether someone pays Blizz 60eu or not. If you feel better paying them directly, then go ahead, no one is forcing you to take any risks. It's a bit funny, though, like when you see pedestrians waiting for the stoplight to turn green at 4am, when there are no cars or cops anywhere near. Nothing against them, it's just a bit silly.
    Last edited by lhzr; 07-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Network Hub
    Those "dodgy" CD-keys are most likely purchased from a Blizzard reseller? I know loads of people who purchased "dodgy" BF3 keys from a russian website and each and everyone of those keys worked on Origin and knowing EA's lesser intelligent policy on some certain things, you would think that those keys were quickly shut off, right? Nope.

Activated Node
    Good.
    Can you recommend a cd key site you had good experience with ?

Good.
    Yes, onlinekeystore. But they upped their D3 price(from 40 to 50) now that it's closer to release so I'd say you'd be better off if you looked for feedback about some of the more cheaper stores. Or you could just take a look at some of them and see which ones look more professional and offer better support (check their forums and google them, etc).
    Last edited by lhzr; 07-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wuwul View Post
    I don't think Diablo 3 has much in common with a roguelike.
    The hardcore mode might make it more of a roguelike, but the gold auction house that is still there ruins it, and the game is anyway not really primarily designed for that, so I'd expect it to be a poor roguelike experience.
    The RMAH is turned off for hardcore characters, as well as characters playing on the highest difficulty (Inferno).

Network Hub
    Good.
    I won't recommend anything as I have never done it personally. I have friends who entered russian sites for keys due to students not being in the same economical situation as a worker. I'm merely saying that I know of people who used it and got exactly what they paid for! :)

Activated Node
    I dont know.
    Buying CD-Key from dodgy sites still sounds like more trouble than its worth.

I dont know.
    Buying CD-Key from dodgy sites still sounds like more trouble than its worth.
    Alrighty, then. Now that we settled that, I can tell you that for me, as an eastern-euro, 80$ for a game is completely bonkers and there's no way in hell I'd ever pay that much. Not sure what you're asking here, though. If, after playing the beta, you still don't know whether you'd be willing to give'em that sort of $, perhaps it would be best to wait for some reviews/impressions for the full game.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    Alrighty, then. Now that we settled that, I can tell you that for me, as an eastern-euro, 80$ for a game is completely bonkers and there's no way in hell I'd ever pay that much. Not sure what you're asking here, though. If, after playing the beta, you still don't know whether you'd be willing to give'em that sort of $, perhaps it would be best to wait for some reviews/impressions for the full game.
    Yep. I agree with you.
    If only T2 was released before :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Got my Starcraft 2 EU cd-key from a key reseller. Seemed sketchy but no problems so far. The odd thing was their office out of like Utah or Nevada and you calling them to verify the order. They did not answer like a customer service dept. As said no problems.

Seeing how Diablo has Global Play, possible to get someone to buy you the key in a cheaper region. I assume you just need to change your b.net account to a address in that region. (did that for my EU key). Tho my Taiwan key you did not need an address. (You get a key via gamecard points).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by enFluGen View Post
    The RMAH is turned off for hardcore characters, as well as characters playing on the highest difficulty (Inferno).
    The gold auction house and shared stash are still there (albeit separate from the softcore versions), which means that characters are not standalone, which results in totally different gameplay from most roguelikes (i.e. most of the game is going to be trivial once you collect a bunch of loot).

And of course, the claim that RMAH is not available for the Inferno difficulty is totally false and utter bullshit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I wouldn't spend $80 on a game that I'm not sure I'd like. Blizzard games, like Call of Duty and the likes, don't often go on sale though, and their longevity (in the case of Blizzard) means the price often doesn't come down quite as fast as with most other games.

Good luck finding a better price - I'm quite sure there has to be one.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    The game was 60 euros digitally from the blizzard store which is the standard price for games.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    The game was 60 euros digitally from the blizzard store which is the standard price for games.
    No it's not. Standard price for games is 49,99e.
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I consider 25 plus shipping to be standard price for games tbh.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Can't someone buy it in Europe with amazon and send it to you ? At 42 euro it's gonna be cheaper than retail in Israel it would seem.