Thread: Iron front 1944

Iron front 1944

Hi i know this is the arma 2 section but i was wondering if any of you are going to pick it up? I have just started getting to arma 2 as my old PC couldnt run it at the time of launch.

this setting i would probably enjoy more and it seems to be shaping up quite well and is very cheap to purchase with a release date on the 25th of may.

what are your thoughts on the game? excited?

move please if its a problem
    The Wild Bunch Clan! Steam: TWB*BlueJohn add me

Network Hub
    There is a fair bit of interest from the ARPS types about this one, I would expect a few are likely to pick it up what with the popularity of i44

yea i was thinking a few around here would enjoy it. Ive wanted to join the arma 2 nights here for a while but i only have arma 2 retail and was thinking of holding out for arma 3 anyway as OA/OC are around the same price. I bought ironfront today for 20 euro so if it does turn out poor it doesn't break the bank :)

would you guys being running any nights maybe for the game?

Network Hub
    I would be really interested in some Iron Front game nights. Although I do have a question. Is it out and if so where did you buy it?

Hey,

I did a walkthrough of this game's campaign. Hopefully it helps you decide whether you should buy the game or not.

Part 1
    http://youtu.be/JFvUoNyUFDs
    Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLMNH8HyGs

Activated Node
    Would be interesting to know what the campaigns are like. Though the game does interest me, if the campaigns are just afterthoughts I will probably give a miss as I can't see it gaining that much of a following which will provide it a community that is the lifeblood of Arma. Would be interesting to know how cross compatible the game is with Arma

Network Hub
    It looks interesting, but only a really good SP element will make it worth buying, but with it being Arma I doubt it.

Oh and Nukemdukem, I tried to watch your videos but instead of wondering if it was any good, your lack of knowledge of basic game controls was the focus.

Comrades, to support the nascent IF community, I'd like to help by organising an IF-specific build of F2. More details here:
    http://forum.iron-front.com/showthre...&p=240#post240

Obscure Node
    I just jumped onboard as well. I was able to play it briefly at a friend's place and I'm loving it. It might even get me off of my World Of Tanks habit, who knows?

I hope there will be an RPS server up for this at some point. From what I've seen, SimHQ seems to be running one, that might be a start, but I'd definitely prefer an RPS one.

@NukemDukem - maybe you should have just named your videos differently? I don't mind the lack of knowledge as much, but I can see how people would feel mislead. Maybe just call them "initial impressions" or the usual "Let's play"?

I've enjoyed the little that I've played of multiplayer so far. This is actually my first experience with shooting other humans in the Real Virtuality engine since the Operation Flashpoint demo -- I've mostly been playing co-op stuff against the AI like Domination. Think I prefer the AI, honestly. People are too wily for my taste. I stumbled over a German player prone in the bushes off to the side of the Russian spawn point, looked at him strangely, then put a round through his skull.