Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!

Bit excited about this one. Just out, a pc version of quiet stunning looking boardgame, with what appears to be a competent AI. Me thinks anyone with even remote interest in WW II eastern front tactical wargames should have a look. Cheeky to book release on the VE Day :-).

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/424...ening.the.Bear!

What a coincidence. I am in the midst of saving up for the board game, along with WaW: Eisenbach Gap and the ASL Starter Kit #1. I've developed an interest in tabletop wargames lately. Btw, have you bought from Matrix Games before? What do their boxed editions typically come with?

I bought digital versions only , so not sure .. according to this standard edition include : "a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed grayscale manual".
    Due to RL constrains my board-gaming days are over.. have fond memories of ASL though :-)

Activated Node
    I have been looking foward to this game for a while now as I enjoy a good tactical wargame. I need to spend more time with it to complete part 2 of the review and give it a final score, but so far I enjoy it a lot. The rules are elegant and very managable and for the most part the user interface is excellent with some minor quirks.

The review can be found here: http://www.oneguytoomanygames.com/20...ning-bear.html

As always feel free to make comments or ask questions here or on my site. It is a bit longer than the rest of my reviews, so hopefully I didn't overdo it.