Overriding the Play Store.

dear "frens", I want to acquire a piece of android software legally, but its locked for my phone even though the hardware requirements are met (essentially, they locked it due to UI restrictions on any screen below 7").

I know my note2 can handle it though. so how do I get it installed on my phone if the play store wont let me?

note: preferably no rooting or other changing of the default OS.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

There's a setting, I believe it's in the security options, that allows applications from third-party sources. It's called something like that.

true, but thats set already for the humble bundle stuff. let me check.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    If you can obtain the apk, you can install it as per Harlander's suggestion (that is how the humble bundle works).

Otherwise, no idea. I would actually suggest checking a few piracy forums as they may be able to tell you how to get the apk from the play store. Just remember not to post how here :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yep, you should be able to download it or transfer it to your device then install it through a file explorer. That said, you'd need to acquire it first and I assume the Play store won't let you even pay for it?
    steam: sketch

i think the play store will let me play, just not select a device for it. I have no prpblem buying it for steam, they even get more money than for the android and ipad versions, just wanted an alternative that's all.
    - Tom De Roeck.