Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max Payne 3

so pumped to play

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So I've played this on console, and I thought I'd just allay a few fears:

1. This game is still silly in places, Max Payne silly. It's storyline far more grounded in reality than 1 or 2 I'd say - there's not Max's wife being targeted because of a conspiracy etc. it's more of Max at rock bottom. There's still some funny stuff though (Captain Baseball Bat Boy in Portuguese!) and other things, crazy hobo's among them. It's also quite dark in places, as were the other Max Payne's but a lot more graphic.

2. There are no graphic novel sequences, but the cutscenes are cut like a comic book, with words overlaid, and it doesn't break the flow as much.

3. Painkillers are still in and useful as ever. There is no regenerating health - though Max will recover some of his head health like the other games.

4. Cover, what cover? I have amassed well over 1000 kills in the game and I have only just got the medal letting me know I've killed 100 people in cover. This is not a cover shooter at all.

Those are the main things I can think of, and I know it sounds like I'm advertising the game, but I thought someone people might like to know considering they've had some doubts about the game.

Network Hub
    I'm excited to try this game in 14 months, when the steam summer sale for 2013 comes around.
    Pricing the game at $60 means I don't have to even consider buying it or evaluating it now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah $60 is pretty expensive, but 30 quid for the PC version which includes MP1&2 is a good enough deal for it to be worth it I'd say. Especially considering it's not short, has potential for 3 playthroughs, and a very good multiplayer mode thrown in.

MAX PAYNE DEFENSE FORCE!

Been watching MP streams of console players and I can't wait to start shattering faces. It's awesome they put a big focus on MP.