Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

DayZ co-op organisation thread

There are a couple threads now that are a random hodge-podge of questions, stories and general confusion, so I thought it would be worthwhile to make one dedicated just for people to organise playing together. With the increased number of zombies and many people turning to banditry, co-op is becoming crucial for survival.

You will need voice chat to make cooperative play worth it (else it will be impossible to find each other). RPS has its own VOIP which we can use. Come online on the mumble at any time and go in the DayZ section (under ARMA) or state in a post here when you are free to play.

I'm about most of the rest of this week if anyone fancies a game.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 14-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.

The Mumble server is indeed the right place to find DayZing RPS people. Another good spot is the RPS Steam group chatroom accessible via this magical link.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Network Hub
    I am not really busy this week either, free for all of today, though currently I do not have a working mic so I will only be able to listen in.

Edit: Currently on DE3 (I think) if anyone wants to join me, I am near Zelenogorsk.
    Last edited by byteCrunch; 14-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I found setting up Mumble too complicated and resigned myself to Teamspeak. I can usually be found on and off throughout the day (GMT time) on FR2 because at this moment I have a working car there.

Activated Node
    With Diablo 3 just around the corner I don't know how actively I will be playing Day Z, but I will go on the Mumble server some time this week for sure.

Yaay. I'm down, clown. Got Mumble organised yesterday, as long as we're not treading on any toes, that seems like to best place to cry like little girls at each other. Getting on the same server, now THAT'S gonna take some wiles.

I'm in the RPS group chat and about to join the mumble

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I found setting up Mumble too complicated and resigned myself to Teamspeak. I can usually be found on and off throughout the day (GMT time) on FR2 because at this moment I have a working car there.

wait what?

Obscure Node
    I'm on regularly (GMT)... (read, every waking moment since Thursday night or while I'm at work, hah!)

EU5 server normally, but I'm looking into the costs of hosting a server.

-MuzzleRat

Edit: PS: I'm a friendly :)

I agree with head, TS3 and mumble are equally easy to set up. If anything, Mumble is the better programme, as it's a lot more forgiving as far as audio quality goes.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

We just had quite a few of us on the mumble server but there seemed to be quite a few problems with the DayZ servers so a few of us said we would reconvene on mumble tomorrow morning and have another stab at it

I've wanted to buy ARMA 2 for a while now and this mod was enough to make up my mind hit the doomsday paybutton on steam.
    Don't know if I'll be around when you guys are, neither if it will be playable with my latency (South American here, mind you) but i shall try nonetheless or get eaten by zombies.
    Mayhaps I'll even join in the mumble server and stalk RPSers, or even try and speak some weirdly pronounced broken English.

I've been playing it a fair bit as well. When I manage to jump on, I'll try to get into the habit of checking on Mumble as well.

"Getting on the same server, now THAT'S gonna take some wiles."

Yeah, considering how hard it is to find _any_ slot on a server, I'd be very surprised if you could organise people to get onto one, unless RPS sets up its own server.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    "Getting on the same server, now THAT'S gonna take some wiles."

Yeah, considering how hard it is to find _any_ slot on a server, I'd be very surprised if you could organise people to get onto one, unless RPS sets up its own server.

P.
    We managed fine earlier, it's alright if you're just in 2 or 3, at a quiet time, and you spam the enter key

Quote Originally Posted by Subv3rse View Post
    I'm on regularly (GMT)... (read, every waking moment since Thursday night or while I'm at work, hah!)

EU5 server normally, but I'm looking into the costs of hosting a server.

-MuzzleRat

Edit: PS: I'm a friendly :)
    FWIW, we rent a solid box for 95 quid a month from OVH. Ones that meet the minimum requirements for Day Z get as low as about 50-60 quid a month from Kimsufi (Windows isn't cheap), but will be laggy and probably only 30 slots. Not that it'd be noticeably different from any other server running the mod. Dedicated game hosts will charge you through the nose, but if you're going down that route I'd recommend Killer Creation (Justin is awesome) over Multiplay any day of the week having experienced both in the past.

The reason we're not running one is that the requirements are a bit too stringent - you MUST provide administrator access to the dev team and you must run an open, public server which is constantly up. Not ideal when we've got scheduled games with massive cpu draw and don't know any of the devs/are aware that they're likely to be hit by a dramabomb at some point.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Activated Node
    I'm down for some DayZ right now.

I considered trying to join some of the rps folks this evening, but it's so hard to find a place on those us servers. plus the bits of conversation i sneakily heard on mumble were referring to revenge against a player who killed a cow. that's some serious business. *shivers*

Ha, you must have joined during Head's and mine "moments of glory".
    I was streaming the Day Z gameplay at that time and went full rogue, shooting people I saw even if they acted friendly, so that guy shooting the cow was just a lame excuse for me to kill him.

I'm usually not doing that sort of thing, but it feels good to go full rogue from time to time.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

"Defender of the cows" sounds like a neat way to play, though. Circling the place in helicopter, sniping anyone who stares a bit too long at "Gentle Moo" etc ... Hey i think i just found a new goal in this game.
    Anyway, i'll play at 21:22 gmt tonight.