Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I'm planning on installing the game tonight, last night my connection was a bit iffy.

Really worried with the talk about difficulty finding a place on the servers though, but I hope to get to play with some RPS peeps tonight then. I should be on around 21:00 GMT.

I'd love to play with some other RPS peeps. I've been having horrific experiences of just getting into a working game with one other person so how would we host an RPS server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post

The reason we're not running one is that the requirements are a bit too stringent - you MUST provide administrator access to the dev team and you must run an open, public server which is constantly up. Not ideal when we've got scheduled games with massive cpu draw and don't know any of the devs/are aware that they're likely to be hit by a dramabomb at some point.

Bugger. After the popularity of this mod has rocketed - way to go RPS :) - I haven't been able to get onto a server so was hoping an RPS server would be viable. I'm not very technical but I'm assuming its not :( And if it has to be open then it kind of defeats the object.

And now, a public service announcement.

Tonight is one one of our regular scheduled 'Tactical Tuesday' sessions for regular ArmA (Combined Ops, that is). You don't need anything more to come along than you do for DayZ; so for any newcomers to the RPS ArmA crowd who haven't played vanilla with us yet, I heartily encourage you to join us. Remember: As long as you can move and shoot vaguely in the direction of the enemy, you're skilled enough to play. More info here.
    Last edited by egg651; 15-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi guys, love Dayz and would like to join the RPSers. I'm an admin for NY servers and currently have a well equipped camp on NY2... with a huey. Who wants to be my friend?

Hey, Grey2ham!

It's Dr. Alexander Tobacco here, you may remember me. NY2 is my main server; it's one of the best. We're on Mumble most days, if you ever want to join up.

Mumble details: server.herosquad.org

Pity it's so difficult to meet in the same server since the waiting for response bug is round the corner most of the times...

Activated Node
    I thought I'd post a quick recount of my first ever experience of playing with fellow RPS readers. While I knew of RPS readers organising games and playing together I had never taken part up to this point.

Logged on the Mumble server last night, found AstuteCat, Pummage and some others playing DayZ. I joined AstuteCat and the others on Virginia 2 only to find it bugged. There were a total of 13 zombies walking around all 225 square kilometers of Chernarus. AstuteCat and I were close so we met up near Balota airfield and we both agreed it would be way more awesome and stupid to attack it at night on a crowded server with more zombies skulking around.

You can watch what happened next here.

I had a blast and I will most definitely play DayZ and ArmA2 with the RPS community again and I recommend you do as well!
    Last edited by Borklund; 16-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borklund View Post
    You can watch what happened next here.

I had a blast and I will most definitely play DayZ and ArmA2 with the RPS community again and I recommend you do as well!
    Looks amazing!
    I'm going to try and be online tonight...

Joined the forum just to post about DayZ. Logged into Mumble around 7 PM EST last night and was playing with Skabooga, Westmark, Cuth, and WarSarge for a few hours. Spent the first 2 hours trying to find each other, found Skabooga and led him the wrong way for another hour or so, but did manage to stumble on a bandit overlooking the coast. Popped him in the dome and got a car's windscreen as a reward.

Met up with the others and had a blast trying to survive with 6 bullets between 3 of us. I was the only one that managed to escape with my life, but the sacrifice was worth it.

Look forward to playing with you guys again.

I'll definitely be playing tonight, provided I find a server. However, when I quit last night, I was in the middle of absolutely nowhere, with no idea where I am. I figure I'll have to head back to the traintracks I last discovered and just keep following them.

P.

Although I couldn't link up with the rest of you guys on the Portland server I had a pretty fun experience being shot in the back by random strangers and then crippled by some guy being chased by zombies.
    At least I was Righteously Avenged by a fellow RPSer.

Hopefully tonight I can get around the waiting for server response screen and that lovely debug forest.

I am currently DLing ARMA but it will take a while. Hopefully I will be ready to go tommorow afternoon if anyone is around then.

Obscure Node
    Just been in a server with someone by the name of Dannysaysaah or somthing and the server crashed, I found out he's an RPS user so I'm hoping hes on here (and now I am, hello all!). If you can hear me Danny light a flare!

After some technical difficulties my prayers to the machine god were answered and the game decided to work this morning. I spent about 3 hours wandering around, dying to bugs (going prone on a roof isn't a good idea) and eventually having a litteral horde of zombies spawn right on top of me just after I managed to find a CZ.

I will be on mumble periodically as Dr S. Secretion.
    Last edited by palindrome; 18-05-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Finally sorted myself with a map; overkill? :)

edit_preview.php.jpg

That map's pretty awesome. :P I find that after a few days of playing Dayz, you know Cherno off by heart.

Fun night tonight. Lots of pewpew!

Well I finally got binocs, compass, map, hunting knife, matches and a tent. Anyone want to suggest/choose a server to set up an RPS base on? I have found some DE servers that have Euro pings but shifted time so it is not dark after 7:00 pm GMT. Stage two would be to get more tents and fix up some vehicles. Tents and Vehicles are persistent but only on the server you fix/pitch them on so I really want to find a good server to set up shop.

Im gonna jump on for a bit right now if anyone's around hit me up on mumble ;)