Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Llamageddon View Post
    Well I finally got binocs, compass, map, hunting knife, matches and a tent. Anyone want to suggest/choose a server to set up an RPS base on? I have found some DE servers that have Euro pings but shifted time so it is not dark after 7:00 pm GMT. Stage two would be to get more tents and fix up some vehicles. Tents and Vehicles are persistent but only on the server you fix/pitch them on so I really want to find a good server to set up shop.
    Sure thing, I'll help with that. I'm getting a bit bored of just finding more stuff, a more persistent goal would make this a lot more fun IMO.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    I hate you all.

*Has just lain out the cash for Arma 2.*

*Is about to get sucked into a wonderful gaming experience, once everything downloads.*

Dr A. Tobacco your vicious assault on me was fruitless (I respawned about 1km behind with all my kit) ;)

What did you shoot me with? Thats assuming that it was you of course.

Dr S. Secretion, currently alive and well hiding in a bush.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    Finally sorted myself with a map; overkill? :)

Attachment 1292
    Now all you need is some coloured markers to indicate the loot-abundant locations.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Dr A. Tobacco your vicious assault on me was fruitless (I respawned about 1km behind with all my kit) ;)

What did you shoot me with? Thats assuming that it was you of course.

Dr S. Secretion, currently alive and well hiding in a bush.
    Hi! Sorry I shot you. I thought you were Max, who deserved to die. I shot you with an M16A4 w/ACOG, which is IMO the best weapon in the game. We weren't going to shoot until we heard that you were planning to shoot *us*, so we decided to fire the first shot. I'm quite glad you still had all your kit!

I wasn't planning on shooting you, besides I only had a winchester :) Max was in the other group (it may well have been him talking about firing on you) about 400m ahead while me and the other guy had gotten seperated when we spotted you.

Did you have NVGs or something like that?
    Last edited by palindrome; 19-05-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Activated Node
    I would like to register my interest in getting shot at for my beans. I'll be on the mumble when the need to be shot at in the dark takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    I wasn't planning on shooting you, besides I only had a winchester :) Max was in the other group (it may well have been him talking about firing on you) about 400m ahead while me and the other guy had gotten seperated when we spotted you.

Did you have NVGs or something like that?
    Nosir, we were just used to finding people in the dark. And ok - that explains why we couldn't find anyone else once we killed you. We'll be more careful next time.

There was somebody lying prone literally next to me :)

It was a very good shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Sure thing, I'll help with that. I'm getting a bit bored of just finding more stuff, a more persistent goal would make this a lot more fun IMO.
    Don't get too attached to anything though, updates have a medium to high chance of resetting everything apparently ;)

Can you post the IPs of some of those European servers with shifted time? Playing for the first time but I hate playing at night.
    Last edited by Sidian; 19-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Activated Node
    Looks like everyone is on the US servers tonight (dallas 4)...full up at the moment so I'm just doing my own thing.

Network Hub
    Yep. This thing is wonderful in a crowd. Thanks to all the people on Dallas 4 tonight. :3

So hard to find my way around without any items. Hopefully tomorrow I'll actually be able to find you lot - died 3 times trying to accomplish it tonight :x

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    Can you post the IPs of some of those European servers with shifted time? Playing for the first time but I hate playing at night.
    Not sure about IPs, but it seems that EU4 and NL1 run on always day.

Awesome game tonight, there must have been about 10 or 11 of us in a group at one point!

We had a great time on Dallas 4, don't know how we'll all get on again but we had 11 RPS'ers form a posse together and had a successful raid on the NW airfield. Only casualty was GrinningD when he got separated briefly and 10 or so zombies spawned around him. We have a small base set up on the server now, so I will post here if I die and you can all rush to the tent I put down to loot all the supplies; tents disappear 2 days after the owner dies.

Next stage will be to get a vehicle up and running I guess. I'd like to thank everyone who joined our posse and especially the people who were there from the start and all waited for the group to form up. It was around a 4-5 hour expedition in the end. We aren't the most professional or terrifying group but by god we get the job done... eventually :D. As one of our group said "It's got better dialogue than Skyrim". I look forward to surviving the zombie apocalypse with you all again soon.

Network Hub
    Just had a very creepy experience with a sort of barn thing in the middle of nowhere near Guglova, where I found an unknown corpse that died in an unknown fashion inside. (Did he fall? Is dead people a kind of loot drop? Either way, thanks for the morphine~)

Hopefully we can get another RPS group going today. :3

It seems that 1.58 is currently being rolled out so all the servers are broken, even the Dayz forum is barely usable :)

I also died at the airfield, a ladder killed me. My most common cause of death is 'glitch'.

Network Hub
    Me, Sarlac, and Scuzzball just got ambushed by bandit(s).

;_;

HORROR.