Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    The amount of bandits in those screenshots is a little worrisome ;-) Good to briefly meet up with some of you yesterday if only if was for a bottle of water. Shame changing server meant we all got dispersed and I didn't get a chance to hang around. I tried to make my way North where some RPSers were hanging by Devil's Castle but the distance is massive and my guy was suffering various injuries (current blood level at 1500d). Headed south and now am just outside Cherno (I think). Need a blood transfusion or a box of matches to cook my meat - lordy this solo survival lark is tough. Still...I'm on my same char as when I started at the weekend.

Network Hub
    Oooh. We have 1.58 out, with a hotfix, even. :o

Trying it out now, sitting in mumble.

Activated Node
    As an aside if you come across a "wrecked huey" do NOT get in it. I don't mean a huey that has been wrecked, I mean the one that spawns as a wreck as default. I got in as gunner just to see if the game would let me and errrr fell down dead, very odd, and also irritating as I had pretty much a full kit, gps and all grrrr

HOTFIX : 21 MAY 2012 Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.8.2

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Loosing temperature way too fast
    * [FIXED] Not enough wood available for spawn
    * [FIXED] Matches way too rare
    * [FIXED] Reduced impact of infection (coughing amount and blood loss, will only loose 2000 blood)

HOTFIX : 21 MAY 2012
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.8.1

UPDATE : 21 MAY 2012
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.8
    * dayz_equip 1.2.4
    * dayz_sfx 1.1.1
    * dayz 1.2.5
    * dayz_weapons 1.1.1

Developer's Note:

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

* This is a pretty major update. I don't really know what affect the new sickness and temperature system will have on player behavior especially with antibiotics being so scarce.
    * It is the genesis of an idea, so please remember this might cause havoc. You need to be careful.
    * To light a fire, you need matches and wood in your inventory. Place more wood in the inventory of a fireplace to keep the fire going.
    * A fire that does not have wood in it will go out when you try to light it.
    * You can tell you have an infection, because your character will start coughing. The infection causes you to loose blood down to a minimum of 6000. This leaves you with reduced blood until you take antibiotics.

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
    * [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
    * [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
    * [NEW] Chance of catching an infection the lower your temperature
    * [NEW] Chance of catching an infection from already infected players
    * [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
    * [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4
    * [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths
    * [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while
    * [NEW] Bandaging Sound when bandaging yourself/someone
    * [NEW] Coughing sound when you have an infection
    * [NEW] Camera Shake when temperature drops extremely low
    * [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas
    * [NEW] Fire requires wood to keep burning
    * [NEW] Various Loot spawn balancing changes
    * [FIXED] Should not be pellets for the Winny
    * [FIXED] Whinny is way to powerful and quiet (mmmm your tears will be delicious)
    * [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast
    * [FIXED?] Too many zombies for the Carebears to be able to play
    * [FIXED] Fog is way too thick
    * [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall
    * [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights
    * [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time
    * [FIXED] Zombie spotted alert far too quiet (increased slightly)
    Looking forward to trying this with the update. I like the adrenaline rush, but the Winchester change and zombies attracted to flares/chemlights scares me.

I had an idea earlier today: My bane so far is bandits. Zombies never kill me, bandits do. They suck. RPS should form bandit hunting groups. Make the hunters become the hunted.

Would be great to send false messages over chat saying we're meeting somewhere, then catch the bandits that fall for the trap.

Yep EBass, I lost a GPS an hour after finding one when we decided to try bandit hunting, not too sucessfully. Getting a GPS makes you a marked man basically :P. I have been really lucky though. Found NVGs stupidly put them in a tent, server didn't save my stuff then just last night found some NVGs again. I will now be using them to hunt for more NVGs at the airfield at night to give away to other RPSers so we can do night ops! Will probably give them to the people who were with me on the raids where I found the first two pairs first but otherwise it will be a first come first served basis I suppose. They only have a 0.11% drop rate though so don't get too exited just yet. For reference GPS also have a 0.11% drop rate at barracks but a 0.18% drop in deer stands so those might be the best place to look for a replacement GPS as they are a lot safer than Barracks.

Activated Node
    I cant be sure, but I looked at the spawn rates a while back and I think GPS spawns at any high level loot point (fire stations, hangers, deer stands etc) but NVGs ONLY spawn in barracks I think.

Quote Originally Posted by EBass View Post
    I cant be sure, but I looked at the spawn rates a while back and I think GPS spawns at any high level loot point (fire stations, hangers, deer stands etc) but NVGs ONLY spawn in barracks I think.
    You are right about GPS spawning at all military grade buildings, NVG's can also spawn in the grey downed helicopters, I think they should be lootable now, the loot despawn has been fixed, getting in the gunner position might still kill you though. This loot list is useful: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Don't worry it is condoned by Rocket.
    Last edited by Llamageddon; 22-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Looking forward to trying this with the update. I like the adrenaline rush, but the Winchester change and zombies attracted to flares/chemlights scares me.

I had an idea earlier today: My bane so far is bandits. Zombies never kill me, bandits do. They suck. RPS should form bandit hunting groups. Make the hunters become the hunted.

Would be great to send false messages over chat saying we're meeting somewhere, then catch the bandits that fall for the trap.
    I like this idea, a few of us tried this the other day but we were only partly successful, we had quite a few deaths. Was mostly due to a lack of caution and not staying in cover as well as we could have. Think we will all be better after learning from our bandit hunting mistakes. Always remember to play like there is a hypothetical bandit looking at you through a sniper scope, it has kept me alive on numerous occasions whilst someone nearby has suddenly dropped dead in the middle of a field.

Activated Node
    To be honest once you've learned the mechanics of this game zombies should really never ever kill you. Even if you get caught in the open by a swarm if you peg it they'll never hit you so long as you don't stop. The main danger of the Zeds isn't so much them in and of itself but that firing on them alerts other players to your presence.

Network Hub
    I got a GPS!

Then, very shortly afterward, the inevitable happened. DarkFenix looted GPS off my corpse after zombies ate me at the airfield. He logged out when it happened. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles73 View Post
    And then you shot me. *sigh* :P
    My excuse was that I went to a completely different server. Out of the 100+ servers in DayZ, I happened to join one with another RPSer. And out of 250km2 of terrain, you happened to be in my line of fire. And then I happened to be in a bandit mood, so I happened to shoot you.

DON'T JUDGE ME

Quote Originally Posted by Barrow View Post
    For those that want to watch the hijinks, I have some clips processing right now (if they're not available yet, they will be soon):

Part 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/barrowdev/b/318984205
    Part 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/barrowdev/b/318984141
    My favourite part was when we were all singing while running down the power lines. :D

Activated Node
    I survived! I have your backpack, Jim. If you want it back, do say.

Network Hub
    Just had a great little run on the Stary Sobor military camp - got an MP5SD, an AKM, and an M16 with underslung grenade launcher in the same run! Did it with Skabooga and MrWonderful, and despite alerting zombies and getting a little roughed up on the hillside, we still managed to get a gun for each of us. :3

(I did use the MP5 SD for a bit in there, and let me tell you, silenced weapons are WORTH IT. I did take the M16, though, because I end up having to shoot my way free of zombie hordes way too often.)

Next step, get a hunting party to go and grab enough meat to get my blood back, because I am severely lacking, now. But that can wait for tomorrow...

Obscure Node
    For anyone wanting the Arma II CO beta bit, I made a zip of the stuff you need to do it.
    It contains the installer, and an exe to replace the arma2CO.exe, and a batch file.
    The effect of the EXE is that you will only be able to run the beta, no matter the launch options you give it in steam. If there's interest, I could try to make options happen.
    You currently need to modify launch options in the batch file, near the bottom after the comment.
    http://uf.serveftp.com/files/Arma%202%20OA%20beta.zip

What the exe is is just something that runs the batch script, as I got lazy and didn't want to convert all the registry checks to C++, which I've never really touched before. Also never dealt with a registry before, but if there is demand, I can learn.

Edit:
    Also, I'm above Cherno, and I have a few blood packs for anyone who needs them. I would like to keep some for my upcoming expedition for a car, but I'll give out a few, and help anyone get more.
    Contact me on steam if you want help from me.
    Last edited by Scuzzball; 23-05-2012 at 05:13 AM.

So, I found a little toy tonight; didn't put it to good use, but man was it fun.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrow View Post
    So, I found a little toy tonight; didn't put it to good use, but man was it fun.
    That toy was SO NOT LITTLE.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Just had a great little run on the Stary Sobor military camp - got an MP5SD, an AKM, and an M16 with underslung grenade launcher in the same run! Did it with Skabooga and MrWonderful, and despite alerting zombies and getting a little roughed up on the hillside, we still managed to get a gun for each of us. :3

(I did use the MP5 SD for a bit in there, and let me tell you, silenced weapons are WORTH IT. I did take the M16, though, because I end up having to shoot my way free of zombie hordes way too often.)

Next step, get a hunting party to go and grab enough meat to get my blood back, because I am severely lacking, now. But that can wait for tomorrow...
    Good fun last night and do that run with JimTheDog was pretty tense and I have an AK! Glad I provided some comedy moments with my spontaneous fainting - thanks to Doctor Rig who patched me up. This was my first experience of group gaming with Dayz and it was great fun and memorable so thanks to all those who helped me.

Jim, I could do with a hunting session too as my blood is at 5k (or a raid on a hospital).

Had fun last night with JimTheDog and Keifer Sutherland, Operator and WhatsHerFace. We visited castles. We raided army camps. Keifer is a stone cold killer. Jim missed a cow like, six times. Operator hates me. WhatsHerFace did very well for her first time. We didn't die, which was kinda disappointing.

Network Hub
    The cow was, like, stealth forcefielded or something!

Last night was a lot of fun, I was snipes in the group that split off from you guys at castle zub to raid the airfield.

It didn't end well, we managed to friendly fire a bit we all had loud guns so alerted pretty much every zombie to our position and im pretty sure there are a few bandits around too. im currently logged out in the barracks there with 1 clip of makarov ammo no food no water no bandages and no painkillers, im hoping when i log in next items will have spawned around me and i can get them before the zombies attack!

Great fun though, also someone in our group caught the sickness and so they've become a bit of an outcast and have to stay at least 200m from us at all times. The fear that engulfed us the moment we heard someone coughing at our hastily arranged BBQ/Campfire was very funny to see. Everyone else either logged out or died I think apart from the guy with the m4,
    DarkFenix who miraculously stayed fairly civil while we were all looking to him to fix our broken bones and give us blood etc at the same time as shooting all the zombies we had managed to alert once our ammo had been depleted. That man has the patience of a saint!

Mr Wonderstuff, your random fainting was hilarious once we met you in the woods a mogli I'm glad someone finally came back to give you blood after the three of us seemingly abandoned you! (i got d/c so that's my excuse!)

Will definitely be on to play again in the next few days!
    Last edited by purdz; 23-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.